MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was 22 weeks pregnant, driving a blazer 45 in a 55, it flipped 9 times and I had an emergency c section to have the baby, he died two days later. "Friends" blamed ME for driving to fast even though it was determinded to be a vehicle defect!

I am so sorry sweety. I understand now, why you feel so protective of Mom. {{{{{{{YOU}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{Danni}}}}}}}}}}

Thank you...But I don't want a pitty party, I have dealt with things in my own life and this isn't about me.

I just want people to understand that IN NO WAY was I trying to IMPLY that she should not have been walking home!

going to google map and being on street level looking at the house that AB lived in and hearing that Elizabeth was found behind that house, then going back to satellite view you will see a rectangle lot behind the house next to the pond,it has a white abandoned car, I believe that is were the home is. It has been said that she was found behind AB's house. Elizabeth probably walked half way down the driveway and then walked thought the back yards of the homes to get to hers. IIRC it was said by a neighbor that he would see her on occasion walking to or from her house to play with her friend. I guess what I am saying is that where she was found was not in between the two homes.

Elizabeth's family told ABC that suspect called Elizabeth to invite her back, oh and also the family spokesperson told news that Elizabeth was a "girly girl"
Here is the link http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=8934228

I know that I remember right around the 22nd or 23rd hearing something about Elizabeth being sent home by the gps -- trying to find the news source

This ABC News video specifically says that the "Suspect called E's cell phone" to invite her back. But AB didn't have her cell phone supposedly. Would that information have come from phone records?

Regarding the way that E either got sent home or called home, regardless, her family was expecting her to be home by a certain time because they knew by 6:56 that something was amiss. IMO mom either did talk to her to instruct her to come home or E had a standing curfew which she always obeyed.

I have always said that if I broke down that I would head into the woods about 20-30 feet from the road and walk there, and ppl have said that they would be too scared to go into the woods and walk. The woods don't scare me at all, its the ppl in the cars on the road that scare me. As far as I can see she had a very safe walk home. I would have allowed my daughter to do the same.

Just a thought that's been mentioned before, but worth repeating, "Aunt Vicki" (Dale's sister), gave "info" early on, and did an interview, is not mentioned at all in Elizabeth's obituary. 2 other aunts are mentioned and multiple others, but no mention of Aunt Vicki. Possibly just an oversight, or possibly she was not close to Elizabeth/her mother, being Dale's sister. She is the one who gave information that Elizabeth was a tomboy.

Elizabeth's obituary from Milard Family Chapels:
http://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/f...d=10506&s_id=07E10A6A5954611BD9BE6C5C36B2FDBF

It doesn't appear to be an oversight, as none of the paternal family is mentioned...neither living nor preceding her in death (paternal grandparents would definitely be one or the other.) And yet she is survived by her maternal uncle's girlfriend! Bad blood much?

Just a thought that's been mentioned before, but worth repeating, "Aunt Vicki" (Dale's sister), gave "info" early on, and did an interview, is not mentioned at all in Elizabeth's obituary. 2 other aunts are mentioned and multiple others, but no mention of Aunt Vicki. Possibly just an oversight, or possibly she was not close to Elizabeth/her mother, being Dale's sister. She is the one who gave information that Elizabeth was a tomboy.

Elizabeth's obituary from Milard Family Chapels:
http://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/f...d=10506&s_id=07E10A6A5954611BD9BE6C5C36B2FDBF

EO's mom had a falling out with the Oltens side of the family. They even had them barred from being at the funeral home.

It doesn't appear to be an oversight, as none of the paternal family is mentioned...neither living nor preceding her in death (paternal grandparents would definitely be one or the other.) And yet she is survived by her maternal uncle's girlfriend! Bad blood much?

I will have to tap into my Russellville network and see what the story is :waitasec:

No, it doesn't appear to be an oversight. I'm guessing the mom or someone in her family wrote the obituary, and they certainly have the right to word it however they like. I'm just saying, "Aunt Vicki" may not have been as close to Elizabeth, and therefore may not be accurate in saying E was a tomboy. Supposedly EO had on jeans with pink ribbons, that doesn't sound very tomboy-ish. All irrelevant, except that a "girly girl" may be less inclined to be in the woods, by choice, than a "tomboy".....whew...sorry so wordy

EO's mom had a falling out with the Oltens side of the family. They even had them barred from being at the funeral home.

That is interesting. It explains a few things actually.

(I was never at the funeral home, but FTR, both sides were at the church for the funeral, but they were on different sides of the aisle.)

Bolded my me

That is a pretty big falling out! However, considering dad's history, I suppose not all that surprising.

You know how at the end of a wedding or funeral, the ushers stop at the front pew and “excuse” the left side, then the right side, then move back a row and repeat?

At Elizabeth’s funeral conclusion, the usher’s went to the left side, and excused the first six or so rows – one at a time (the “reserved for family rows”), then the pallbearers took the casket out to the horse drawn carriage and then the usher’s went back to the first row on the right side and began excusing that side.

Patty’s side of the family left the church ahead of the casket, and the Olten side left behind the casket.

I thought it was odd as normally they alternate sides of the aisle excusing the entire first row, then second row, ect…. I hadn’t ever seen it done this way before, but a falling out between the sides would explain it.

It's the little things that haunt me. I read Elizabeth was wearing white shoes. At nine she was old enough to know she would get in trouble if she got her white shoes dirty playing in the woods. She went unwillingly.

""Aired October 27, 2009
GRACE: When did you first discover that Elizabeth was missing?

OLTEN: Her oldest sister called me about 7:00 o`clock and told me they couldn`t find her and that they were out looking for her, that she was headed to her mother`s house. And then they went up to the other house where she was supposed to be playing and they said she wasn`t there.

GRACE: So she started walking home at 6:15. At 7:00 o`clock, the parents were already on the phone with police. The parents did everything right. They knew where she was. She was right there in the neighborhood, just a few houses down. That`s why I was so dumbfounded when I found out the little girl`s body was right there. I don`t understand how police didn`t find it.""

And: David Schulte, who lives nearby, said Elizabeth typically would walk through his front yard about 30 or 40 feet away from the road on her way back home from the friend's house. Schulte said he didn't know Elizabeth well but that she had come through the neighborhood to sell cookie dough for a school fundraiser.

I was not referring to you specifically.

The theme of Patty being negligent has come up on several message boards, newspaper sites, TV shows, etc....

People in larger cities do not understand what JC is/was like.

eta: My post was sort of a pre-emptive strike. I did not want people to start blaming Patty (again) for letting Elizabeth walk to a friends home.

I understand your concern Jodibug, there was a lot of questioning on all boards at the beginning, as to how far the walk was, what kind of terrain, etc...That seems to not really be an issue now (at least that I've heard of). I don't think many are blaming the mom for anything even closely related to poor judgment, now that more of the facts have come out.

After seeing all of AB's pics on the different internet sites that she has put up of herself, I have to say that she is not normal, (jmo) and I don't see where she was going thought a (phase). To me she is down right scary. If my daughter had brought home a friend that looked like that, I would have taken her to counseling.

Where I live she was kind of tame looking. Going to the mall is a freak show.

One of our neighborhood boys was heavy into one of those looks/scenes. My daughter just told me he was considered punk. I thought that was way over but I guess not because this was in the last 5 years. He had been in a very bad car wreck in which 3 of the 4 passed so he was very depressed. He quit high school and attended a vocational program. Many people were afraid of him and for him. His brother on the other hand was normal looking, played hockey and went to college. Care to guess which one is a video game designer making 200,000 a year and who is a janitor in a health care facilty and an active drug addict?

Wow, a recent falling out, or an older situation?

That part I will have to find out later. I am not sure but from someone who was at the viewing some sort of disagreement came up. As soon as I can I will verify if this was a new falling our or an old one.
I was also told that Aunt Viki was not an authorized spokesperson for the family. Peggy Florence from MO Missing was.

I understand your concern Jodibug, there was a lot of questioning on all boards at the beginning, as to how far the walk was, what kind of terrain, etc...That seems to not really be an issue now (at least that I've heard of). I don't think many are blaming the mom for anything even closely related to poor judgment, now that more of the facts have come out.

I grew up in a Kansas City suburb and I roamed around my neighborhood all the time. Also, my family had a lake house in Warsaw and I was allowed to roam as free as I pleased--in woods, around the lake--anywhere I wanted. Being the oldest, my mom was pretty over protective, but still trusted my judgement--sans cellphone--I was an 80s kid. I don't have a problem with EO walking in her own neighborhood--no matter how far the walk was. I mean it was on her own street. If a kid can't walk her own neighborhood in the city or the "country" that is really sad. It doesn't seem unusual at all to me.

Wondering if AB was in the habit of skipping school when she didn't want to go. We know she didn't go on Thurs., but I'm wondering if that was unusual for her or the norm?

I would like to know if anyone can tell me what happened so that the state took the kids from the mother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member