MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My step daughter graduated from JC in 06 and there were times I know she was home sick and I forgot to call and I never got called from the school.

I have always gotten a call if I forget to call for my kids. Sometimes it is nearer the end of the day though.

I imagine that they know who the "skippers" are, and probably make those calls first. Fortunately my kids haven't ever been in trouble, so they are probably at the bottom of the call list.

I have always gotten a call if I forget to call for my kids. Sometimes it is nearer the end of the day though.

I imagine that they know who the "skippers" are, and probably make those calls first. Fortunately my kids haven't ever been in trouble, so they are probably at the bottom of the call list.

Good point. I didn't mean to make it sound as if it was everytime. I am sure with the amount of students that go there they could easily forget one or two.

How much time are you doing? :D
LOL... aint that the truth! There are 14 prisons in our county alone! I am two blocks from the big daddy of em all.... the USP.

slightly on a crime topic: it really freaked me out that Garrido was my neighbor before he kidnapped Jaycee Duggard!

I guess without knowing what time AB and her bf got busted at the school, the possibility exists that she didn't do much of anything that day. Coulda gotten to school, scoped out her bf for some doobage, and that was it. Really makes ya wonder if she spilled the beans to him while in an altered (and possibly paranoid) state! Maybe even planned a getaway, considering he was also skipping school. Did he have his own car that he drove to school?

I should clarify that I do believe that detail about getting high, simply because I can think of no other explanation for LE delaying her questioning until Friday when they initially sought her out on Thursday to be questioned!

If they did indeed get caught on school grounds smoking during class hours, I imagine the bf got in trouble himself with the school. Would have made for some interesting bargaining chips during his own questioning with LE.

Yes, you can take a city bus to the highschool from the mall.

With all the stops it is about a 45-50 min trip, so not ideal.

Also, the busses only stop outside the school when school is in session- not during the summer, or in the middle of the day. Just before and after school.

LOL... aint that the truth! There are 14 prisons in our county alone! I am two blocks from the big daddy of em all.... the USP.

slightly on a crime topic: it really freaked me out that Garrido was my neighbor before he kidnapped Jaycee Duggard!

Wow you never know do you.

I guess part of my confusion is that I remember reading details on this case, and I would not remember them unless I deemed they were from a credible source

Of course, I do not automatically trust the credibility of any news sources, but when they directly quote LE I do pay attention

Anyway, I am going to guess that LE or perhaps the family asked for some changes in early reports, and hence my confusion at not being able to track down the facts that I remember reading

On October 23 when Elizabeth's body was first reported found, Fox posted an article -- The article has completed changed since then, and does not include this quote any more

White said Elizabeth spoke with her parents on the phone before she left her friend's house.

"Her parents said she should leave and get home," he told Fox.

The quote was part of this article http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,569338,00.html

The article has changed quite a bit since the 23rd, but you can Google the quote above and see it posted on the 23rd on many other blog sites --

What happened to the days of tracking corrections?
Here's an interesting study of this "Correction" with or without any notice to the reader phenomenon http://media.www.mediaethicsmagazine.com/media/storage/paper655/news/2007/07/01/AnalysesCommentary/How-Complete.Are.Newspaper.Corrections.An.Analysis.Of.The.2005.regret.The.Error-2923347.shtml

I guess without knowing what time AB and her bf got busted at the school, the possibility exists that she didn't do much of anything that day. Coulda gotten to school, scoped out her bf for some doobage, and that was it. Really makes ya wonder if she spilled the beans to him while in an altered (and possibly paranoid) state! Maybe even planned a getaway, considering he was also skipping school. Did he have his own car that he drove to school?

I should clarify that I do believe that detail about getting high, simply because I can think of no other explanation for LE delaying her questioning until Friday when they initially sought her out on Thursday to be questioned!

If they did indeed get caught on school grounds smoking during class hours, I imagine the bf got in trouble himself with the school. Would have made for some interesting bargaining chips during his own questioning with LE.

AHHH light bulb moment. I did read somewhere the boyfriend was being held on drug charges.. But then again I also heard he was being held for threatening other students at school..and I also read he was just being kept out of school for his protection?? But the drug thing does make sense.

Strange, indeed. Makes you wonder how accurate it was to begin with, considering Elizabeth obviously didn't speak to plural parents. I'd think that this White fella was aware that only one parent was involved.

AHHH light bulb moment. I did read somewhere the boyfriend was being held on drug charges.. But then again I also heard he was being held for threatening other students at school..and I also read he was just being kept out of school for his protection?? But the drug thing does make sense.

I remember reading on a comment - I think on NG's facebook that LE was holding the bf on drug charges because they want to keep him close.

I'm in LS! We are neighbors!

My dad used to fish at Doc's Retreat! Our cabin was on the Osage, down from Swinging Bridge.

Hey Nursebeeme! We have tons of clients at CCA!

Cool! I know some LSers ; I remember those swinging bridges--I was really little--I think visited them once--and actually I think it was just one bridge at that time, but I really can't remember. I think the bridge scared me for some reason??? Anyways, neat!

I went to JCHS many (way too many) years ago. It was easy to skip then and my neices/nephews say it still is :waitasec: IF you know someone who can call in for you and sound like a parent. The only time I ever got caught was when the principal decided to eat lunch at the same Pizza Hut as I did, in Columbia.

Seems kind of odd to skip, then stay on school grounds, but maybe that had to do with no available car.

Tricia said that she thought those comments might be from a 56 yr old named Bubba?? So be wary???

I know that's what she said, but I have a hard time believing that a 56 year old named Bubba could convince every kid in JCHS to accept a friend request. Looks legit to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman