MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know if anyone can tell me what happened so that the state took the kids from the mother?

The mother has been involved with drugs and with several guys that are not a good influence on her. This includes AB's father who is currently in jail on assault charges.

Wondering if AB was in the habit of skipping school when she didn't want to go. We know she didn't go on Thurs., but I'm wondering if that was unusual for her or the norm?

Sounds like she was thought to have gone to school. I would like to know where she went to hang out while she was suppose to be in school. Someone's house or car?

I would like to know if anyone can tell me what happened so that the state took the kids from the mother?

The gp's petitioned the court for custody. The case it not on casenet anymore for AB and her twin brothers - but the case is still there for the 6 yo little sister. I believe this was the same in both cases:

Court finds that minor is in need of guardianship and natural parents are unwilling, unfit or anable to serve in that capacity. Petitioner is appointed as guardian for the minor child.

It appears that dad has been in prison for awhile and mom has been in and out of jail.

Kids had to be taken care of, and GP's wanted them.

The KCUR news report, is inaccurate, they refer to the "boy" who was arrested and the "boy" who led them into the woods....so take anything in that report with more than a grain of salt.

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net/k.../1569657/KCUR.News/Hunt.Ends.Child.Found.Dead

Yes, and many of the reports first assumed it was a boy
Many of the reports including network reports are innacurate,
because LE has released very little evidence

Speaking of which, how many of these press conferences were on air? Do we have links to the taped pressers?

I am sitting here wondering how AB's sibblings are doing. I imagine they will never be able to have a normal life with everyone knowing their sister did this. I wonder if they will move. I wonder if they will return to school this year. I can't even imagine. I wonder what the gp's will do.

Sounds like she was thought to have gone to school. I would like to know where she went to hang out while she was suppose to be in school. Someone's house or car?

According to Ilovecookies, when LE tried to contact her at school on Thursday, she couldn't be located until later (we don't know what time) when a school counselor found her outside of the school with her boyfriend. So we know that she did make it to the school. Since she didn't have a car, and it was a 10.2 mile trip (over 3 hours walking), I'd guess that she either got a ride from someone or took the bus and bailed out of classes.

We don't know whether or not her absence was reported by the school to her GPs, but she may have made the trip to school for the sole purpose of attending homeroom where her attendance would be reported -- then skipped out and nobody is the wiser. JMO, but that is what a seasoned skipper would do.

I did locate the school bus schedules for the whole district at [URL="http://www.jcps.k12.mo.us/education/components/docmgr/default.php?sectiondetailid=62467&"[/URL]. Bus #72 picks up at 222 Lomo Dr. at 7:24 am, arrives at JCHS at 7:44 am. Unfortunately, I can't locate an afternoon schedule for those who are interested in a more precise time that Elizabeth would have been dropped off, though it does appear that the HS stop and the Pioneer Trail Elementary stops are different. Also that EO and the 6 year old would have shared the same stop for Bus #71.

The gp's petitioned the court for custody. The case it not on casenet anymore for AB and her twin brothers - but the case is still there for the 6 yo little sister. I believe this was the same in both cases:

Court finds that minor is in need of guardianship and natural parents are unwilling, unfit or anable to serve in that capacity. Petitioner is appointed as guardian for the minor child.

I am trying to figure out of the grandparents petitioned for custody from the STATE or the mother? In other words, when the gps petitioned, were the children in the states custody or the moms?

According to Ilovecookies, when LE tried to contact her at school on Thursday, she couldn't be located until later (we don't know what time) when a school counselor found her outside of the school with her boyfriend. So we know that she did make it to the school. Since she didn't have a car, and it was a 10.2 mile trip (over 3 hours walking), I'd guess that she either got a ride from someone or took the bus and bailed out of classes.

We don't know whether or not her absence was reported by the school to her GPs, but she may have made the trip to school for the sole purpose of attending homeroom where her attendance would be reported -- then skipped out and nobody is the wiser. JMO, but that is what a seasoned skipper would do.

I did locate the school bus schedules for the whole district at [URL="http://www.jcps.k12.mo.us/education/components/docmgr/default.php?sectiondetailid=62467&"[/URL]. Bus #72 picks up at 222 Lomo Dr. at 7:24 am, arrives at JCHS at 7:44 am. Unfortunately, I can't locate an afternoon schedule for those who are interested in a more precise time that Elizabeth would have been dropped off, though it does appear that the HS stop and the Pioneer Trail Elementary stops are different. Also that EO and the 6 year old would have shared the same stop for Bus #71.

I remember ILC saying she skipped and was getting high. I was just wondering where she went to do that. And I don't think anyone would know unless the school would inform the parents how many times she skipped out on school. This could have been the first time for all anyone would know. As far as the bus schedule for JCPS, my 4 kids rode a different bus for each level of education. The high school and middle school got home a half hour before the elementary school. And I wasn't real clear, but even tho high school and middle school got out about the same times the bus would be different.

I am trying to figure out of the grandparents petitioned for custody from the STATE or the mother? In other words, when the gps petitioned, were the children in the states custody or the moms?

According to casenet, the minor child (AB younger sister) was in the custody of the mother. She is listed as the respondent.

It has been a few years (won't say how many! LOL) since I went to JCHS, but when I went there attendance was reported to the office every class. You couldn't just check in during homeroom and then skip the rest of the day.

It would still be reported that you weren't in 2nd, 3rd 4th hr, ect... and your parents would be called to see if the abscense was excused.

Now, if you had an older sister who maybe sounded like they could pass for your mother, then said sister could call in the morning to report your absense. ;-) Not that I ever did anything like that.

Does anyone know if there is a public city bus that would go from Lomo into downtown?

Most absences are reported through an automated voicemail that comes to the parents in the late afternoon or the evening. So if she skipped school, the GPs probably wouldn't have known until well after the fact.

My step daughter graduated from JC in 06 and there were times I know she was home sick and I forgot to call and I never got called from the school.

I grew up in a Kansas City suburb and I roamed around my neighborhood all the time. Also, my family had a lake house in Warsaw and I was allowed to roam as free as I pleased--in woods, around the lake--anywhere I wanted. Being the oldest, my mom was pretty over protective, but still trusted my judgement--sans cellphone--I was an 80s kid. I don't have a problem with EO walking in her own neighborhood--no matter how far the walk was. I mean it was on her own street. If a kid can't walk her own neighborhood in the city or the "country" that is really sad. It doesn't seem unusual at all to me.

Wow, I could have written this post, right down to the lake house in Warsaw! :biggrin:

JC is the kind of city where if someone doesn't know you, they know your uncle, brother, cousin, etc.

I still live in a suburb of KC. My vet, good friend and client are all from JC and know each other or a relative.

I remember reading that neither the mother nor the father showed for the court dates. I know that does not really answer your question as to who petitioned whom. Either way, the parents did not fight it.

Wow, I could have written this post, right down to the lake house in Warsaw! :biggrin:

JC is the kind of city where if someone doesn't know you, they know your uncle, brother, cousin, etc.

I still live in a suburb of KC. My vet, good friend and client are all from JC and know each other or a relative.

Weird! :) I'm in KC.

Doc's Retreat?

No, there is no public transportation to the St Martins area. Farthest West stop is at the Capitol Mall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck