MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure it's the same name. But yes, I've been known to be wrong... once... LOL

The gma and daughter do not have the same first name. They have the same first initial K. Someone posted a link to a phone directory that showed the daughter living there - but the first name was incorrectly listed as the gma's name - or heck it could have been the gma - because they both shared that same last name at one point.

2) So the TV station didn't post the graphic on their web page?

I just watched the 10:00 news but I never noticed the triangle thing on their web pages... I personally saw this on the TV with my own eyes.

Dangit. I've been wanting to pinpoint the crime scene exactly. Way back in the threads, I'd posted some maps (I think they've been removed) that showed an arial view of a possible "trail" leading from the road way back along a pond and to a clearing. It ran between GPs property and the property next to there's (the one closest to EO house) I've just been thinking that's would be an excellent way to get far back in the woods very quickly...

This is an update from KRCG at the time stated:

Update: Friday 2:10 p.m.

Cole County Sheriff Greg White says they do not believe that Elizabeth Olten's father's criminal history has anything do to with her disappearance.

Dale Olten Sr., has been in a prison since April serving a four-year sentence for drug possession.

In February Olten Sr. and his son, Dale Olten Jr., were arrested for burglary after a two day man hunt. KRCG covered that story, to see mug shots are read the story click here.

The sheriff says a random abduction is not likely. He says they are still hopeful to find Elizabeth alive: "we are endeavoring to find a young lady very much alive and reunite her with her family."

Given what is known, per diary entry, questioning of AB at 10 am, why would he say this within an hour of the body being located?

The gma and daughter do not have the same first name. They have the same first initial K. Someone posted a link to a phone directory that showed the daughter living there - but the first name was incorrectly listed as the gma's name - or heck it could have been the gma - because they both shared that same last name at one point.

Yes, that was what I was talking about, by ILC. Thanks, makes more sense.

Sorry I can't help you more on the triangle thing :(

So can you tell me how she will be housed at Prenger?

From my understanding (due to the allegations) she will be in solitary confinement with her meals brought to her and taken out side for "fresh air" 1-2 times per day in a fenced yard.

This is an update from KRCG at the time stated:

Update: Friday 2:10 p.m.

Cole County Sheriff Greg White says they do not believe that Elizabeth Olten's father's criminal history has anything do to with her disappearance.

Dale Olten Sr., has been in a prison since April serving a four-year sentence for drug possession.

In February Olten Sr. and his son, Dale Olten Jr., were arrested for burglary after a two day man hunt. KRCG covered that story, to see mug shots are read the story click here.

The sheriff says a random abduction is not likely. He says they are still hopeful to find Elizabeth alive: "we are endeavoring to find a young lady very much alive and reunite her with her family."

Given what is known, per diary entry, questioning of AB at 10 am, why would he say this within an hour of the body being located?

My guess would be that they hadn't "broke" her yet and were only going by what could be a made up "story". They would still have "hope" until they actually saw the body...

Hi, I'm new here, from the St. Louis area and have been following this case since the beginning on here. Wow I must say everyone's sleuthing abilities amaze me on here. So far I've been able to follow along pretty well, but I was wondering how people have been able to find the aunt's blog? Maybe I missed some of ILC's posts with the clues because they seemed to get deleted before I could read them all.

Hi, I'm new here, from the St. Louis area and have been following this case since the beginning on here. Wow I must say everyone's sleuthing abilities amaze me on here. So far I've been able to follow along pretty well, but I was wondering how people have been able to find the aunt's blog? Maybe I missed some of ILC's posts with the clues because they seemed to get deleted before I could read them all.

Yes, they were deleted. I missed some too. Was not around to read fast enough.

I apologize if this is info that was previously posted... i haven't had time to keep up lately!
This comment was posted on true crime report . com to the story "15-year old girl charged with Elizabeth Olten's murder" I wasn't able to verify "kevin"'s comment about the friends. Maybe another sleuther can...

Kevin said:
I hope that the authorities in Washington will begin to look seriously at Alyssa's freakish myspace friends from that region of the country.
Investigators might begin to look at the disapperance of 10 year old Lindsey Baum from Washington in an entirely different light. Who would of thought of 15 to 17 year old girls as potential culprits in this disappearance?
http://lindseybaum.com/
Alyssa's "dark" and "emo" freaks live in Forks, WA and Lacey, WA. Is this a mere coincidence?

Posted 11/04/2009 at 04:34:56 PM

Way back in the early threads (or maybe it wasn't even on WS), it was pointed out that Forks, WA is a "Twilight" reference. Even the Forks Tourism web site has links to Twilight points of interest. The kids will put that as their location to make it seem like they're vampires I guess, when in fact they don't really live there.

Being found at the school by a counselor seems awful convenient when ILC claimed no one knew where she was Thurs. Also, i know its sick, but given my theory above, would she possible know they would come get her at school, so she "skipped", but where else is she going to be able to get the attention she may have wanted, if not from peers and friends at school.

Where else would her "perp walk" be as dramatic as in a high school. I can't think of anywhere.

I wonder how that went down. Anyone local hear anything? If it was witnessed by students I can't imagine there not being at least one video of it made by other students on their cell phones.

Locals a call out to you with questions.

How did AB go into custody?
What happened at the HS when she was caught at school on Thursday?
Is that why all the LE was at the school?

I am sorry if I missed it if these things have been addressed but there is so much being posted all the time on this thread sometimes things slip by.

1) I'm referring to the daughter ILC said either lived or visited the house. It's the same first name as the GM.

2) So the TV station didn't post the graphic on their web page?

3) I know AB's mom's full name and an address, but I can't verify it's current. I still want to know the relationship status of AB and her bio Mom...

The daughter ILC refers to does not have the same name, only the same first initial. She graduated HS in 2005, her new husband graduated on 05 I believe and is the friend ILC refers to I believe. There is another lady, that a few have mentioned, having the same first name as the grandmom, but I think it was the previous owner of the property that the family was living on.

I am beginning to wonder exactly what Elizabeth found so frightening about those woods. Makes me wonder if "stuff" had been going on back there for some time and she knew about it. Not saying she participated or anything, just that she was aware there was scary stuff back there.

Excellent point. Kids are usually scared for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member