MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok let me follow up on my comment from earlier. Sorry it took so long but I didn't want to post until I found the truth. Here goes. EO's Mom and Aunt Viki had a falling out about the time that EO's bio Dad was locked back up. Not sure what it was about. Aunt Viki made some comments to the media giving the impression she was speaking for the family which she was not authorized to do. Vike apparently was starting to make a secene at the viewing and was asked to leave.

Ok let me follow up on my comment from earlier. Sorry it took so long but I didn't want to post until I found the truth. Here goes. EO's Mom and Aunt Viki had a falling out about the time that EO's bio Dad was locked back up. Not sure what it was about. Aunt Viki made some comments to the media giving the impression she was speaking for the family which she was not authorized to do. Vike apparently was starting to make a secene at the viewing and was asked to leave.

Is aunt V the one we've seen the clip on NG?

One thing that is taking so long for them to have the hearing on whether to try her as an adult is they want to make sure they have all of the facts so they don't loose out on trying her. Can someone answer this....IF the judge rules that she has to be tried as a juvenile, is there an appeal or is that verdict finial? Would double jeopordy apply to a hearing?

I was thinking that people should have picked up on how disturbed AB is, but then I realized. They probably did, but never in their wildest dreams would they expect her to do something like that!

Most of the time females take out their issues on themselves. They usually don't attack others. So this is unusual. Please, keep her locked up. But if not, have her live with the attorney and judge who let her go, if they do.

6. A written report shall be prepared in accordance with this chapter developing fully all available information relevant to the criteria which shall be considered by the court in determining whether the child is a proper subject to be dealt with under the provisions of this chapter and whether there are reasonable prospects of rehabilitation within the juvenile justice system. These criteria shall include but not be limited to:

(1) The seriousness of the offense alleged and whether the protection of the community requires transfer to the court of general jurisdiction;

(2) Whether the offense alleged involved viciousness, force and violence;

(3) Whether the offense alleged was against persons or property with greater weight being given to the offense against persons, especially if personal injury resulted;

(4) Whether the offense alleged is a part of a repetitive pattern of offenses which indicates that the child may be beyond rehabilitation under the juvenile code;

(5) The record and history of the child, including experience with the juvenile justice system, other courts, supervision, commitments to juvenile institutions and other placements;

(6) The sophistication and maturity of the child as determined by consideration of his home and environmental situation, emotional condition and pattern of living;

(7) The age of the child;

(8) The program and facilities available to the juvenile court in considering disposition;

(9) Whether or not the child can benefit from the treatment or rehabilitative programs available to the juvenile court; and

(10) Racial disparity in certification.

These are the ten criteria the Juvenile court must investigate and present to the judge in a adult certification in Missouri. I am not familiar with this process, but given the nature of this case and the locale, I don't expect that anyone involved in the legal process has been through this before. Maybe in the large metro areas this could be faster. We only have three circuit court judges in JC.

Thank you tgrlaw!!! I guess in the other case in Calif. was more of a slam dunk regarding meeting the criteria then.

Oh Amanda...I never saw this one before! What a pretty little girl! Makes me cry!

eo4-2.jpg

So sad and senseless. I would almost bet that the trial will have to be moved to another location. The thing that worries me is the prosecuting attornies involved are both worthless. The attorney for the juvenile division is an arrogant winch who throws a fit if she don't get her way and the CO pros is so far behind on child support he will never get caught up. Sorry to bring this up but I hope someone else will try this case.

So sad and senseless. I would almost bet that the trial will have to be moved to another location. The thing that worries me is the prosecuting attornies involved are both worthless. The attorney for the juvenile division is an arrogant winch who throws a fit if she don't get her way and the CO pros is so far behind on child support he will never get caught up. Sorry to bring this up but I hope someone else will try this case.

I don't think the trial will be moved elsewhere, but a jury will be brought in from another county. I'm glad you brought up the PA situation. That will need some attention if tried as an adult.

I hate to bring it up, however, I think it is something that needs mentioned. EO deserves justice. I hope AB is prosecuted to the fullest extint of the law as an adult.

Hey, I have been glued to this case since I heard about it. You guys are incredible! I look forward to being a contributing member. Just a note: Most of the accounts accross the 'net have been removed or suspended. Not sure if that was known yet or not. Good luck sleuthing!

It is possible to skip if someone calls in for you. I guess I just never thought that a lot of kids had someone willing to call in for them.

She probably just went to the school so she could see her boyfriend.

I have no idea what she would have done all day though. There isn't much around there within walking distance that is open to the public where you can just hang out. Any idea where she might have gone all day?

Thurs it was cold and rainy so she wouldn't have wanted to just sit outside all day.

Maybe she visited a friend who lived near the High School? Possibly sat inside a friend's car, but you would think that an adult would have spotted her at some point and told her to get to class.

Maybe she finally went to church?

In her blog she mentions being upstairs locked in her room with no intentions of watching the 3 youngest, and that Mom/Gma was fully aware of it (paraphrased). She didn't mention having to watch AB, but alluded to not liking her much (paraphrased).

The reason for mentioning it at all was to show that the children were often unsupervised.

She also mentioned that AB Gma (her mother) must have known she was upset b/c she offered to pay her for "watching" the kids, even though she wasn't going to even go downstairs. Apparently the GMA was going to take it off the $$ the daughter owed her. So, sounds like a bit of dysfunction, if they were both aware she wasn't going to actually watch the kids but her mom was going to pay her for doing it anyway.

Got it - try looking in google for the clue that was given and the perps name. Sick.

I am trying trying trying to find some way to justify or make sense of this pic, and simply cannot. A healthy kid would just not post such a thing. :sick:

Q: Does anyone know if she was involved with "horrorcore"? I know she has been called goth, emo and scene, and before seeing this pic would have pegged her as a scene kid... (If this has been asked and I missed it, apologies. Hard to keep up on this one.)

Another poster noted that perp left a broad internet footprint--this is so true and it underlines the need for parents/guardians to MONITOR THEIR KIDS' INTERNET LIVES. Many people here have indicated that you do, and while no doubt your children think you are a nosy beast now, in the long run & with a little experience and hindsight under their belts, they will be grateful.

I would be curious to hear from those of you who are locals with kids, how are they taking this case? Thanks in advance, and to all those who've been contributing to the discussion.

Wondering if you guys have seen CR's facebook about "hiding something"? I caught it on Google's Cache... Am I allowed to post a link to a blog that has AB's name?

Wondering if you guys have seen CR's facebook about "hiding something"? I caught it on Google's Cache... Am I allowed to post a link to a blog that has AB's name?

The last I heard, we are not allowed to do that until her name is released in the media.

ETA:
59.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members