MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I thought my child was in danger I would GO TO THAT child. I also believe Eo's mom would have done this, she called police w/i 45 minutes of her child missing(many would "try not to panic" and search on their own or with neighbors. She was proactive)

I think that is one of the reasons we are all so deeply touched by this case. I cannot count the number of times that my kids were out playing, maybe it was getting dark - I called for them and they did not answer. After about the third time, you vacillate somewhere between panic and "oh they're in big trouble now!" Soon, and if you really have to go out searching, this dialog begins in your head and you try to smack the fear away, reassuring yourself that any minute, they're going to appear. And of course, they usually do.

I mentioned to someone that this case has forever changed the concept of the "girl next door."

Elizabeth Olten represents that little voice we wanted to ignore, every mother's collective fear.

The fact that Patty called LE so quickly is demonstrative of how well she knew her daughter. LE could not save her, but it speaks volumes about a mother's love.

I think that is one of the reasons we are all so deeply touched by this case. I cannot count the number of times that my kids were out playing, maybe it was getting dark - I called for them and they did not answer. After about the third time, you vacillate somewhere between panic and "oh they're in big trouble now!" Soon, and if you really have to go out searching, this dialog begins in your head and you try to smack the fear away, reassuring yourself that any minute, they're going to appear. And of course, they usually do.

I mentioned to someone that this case has forever changed the concept of the "girl next door."

Elizabeth Olten represents that little voice we wanted to ignore, every mother's collective fear.

The fact that Patty called LE so quickly is demonstrative of how well she knew her daughter. LE could not save her, but it speaks volumes about a mother's love.

Honestly I am torn between two theories about her mom calling LE so quickly. Was it just mom radar.. or did she suspect something unthinkable???

I wonder because like most moms my kids have been MIA at some point. Once my 13 yr old "ran away" (13 yr old NOW grown) She had requested to go to a friends house. I agreed. I did not like the friend nor trust what my girl may do under influence of said friend..I was though working two jobs and was just "easier" to agree then to try to fight her over the phone. Long story short they took off for town in a "white car" (friend lived down the road) I did finally find,and only contacted cops after one stopped me for doing circles. I was pretty sure DD was safe, but was beginning to panic.. we found her between calls all over town and police looking and me..(She had been going back and forth bewtween houses that I was visiting) (OT It didnt take me long to figure out, it was easier to struggle with bills then to have a 13 yr old unsupervised) My mom radar said "she is fine but in BIG trouble" I still felt she was fine after awhile of searching, but also panic set in.... the what ifs started.. This all happened in about 3 hrs... (I also made her google every missing child case I could find and read and write about them..)

EO's mom was so proactive, she had called LE w/i 45 mins. I just have to wonder if she felt EO was in danger or was it "just in case"

Great post!

Honestly I am torn between two theories about her mom calling LE so quickly. Was it just mom radar.. or did she suspect something unthinkable???

I wonder because like most moms my kids have been MIA at some point. Once my 13 yr old "ran away" (13 yr old NOW grown) She had requested to go to a friends house. I agreed. I did not like the friend nor trust what my girl may do under influence of said friend..I was though working two jobs and was just "easier" to agree then to try to fight her over the phone. Long story short they took off for town in a "white car" (friend lived down the road) I did finally find,and only contacted cops after one stopped me for doing circles. I was pretty sure DD was safe, but was beginning to panic.. we found her between calls all over town and police looking and me..(She had been going back and forth bewtween houses that I was visiting) (OT It didnt take me long to figure out, it was easier to struggle with bills then to have a 13 yr old unsupervised) My mom radar said "she is fine but in BIG trouble" I still felt she was fine after awhile of searching, but also panic set in.... the what ifs started.. This all happened in about 3 hrs... (I also made her google every missing child case I could find and read and write about them..)

EO's mom was so proactive, she had called LE w/i 45 mins. I just have to wonder if she felt EO was in danger or was it "just in case"

I read a comment on a newspaper article not long after they had found EO that stated something quite different than the version our good "friend" ILC related.

That person, claiming to be local, stated that AB's family were of absolutely no help to EO's mother when she was trying to locate her. Now if this is actually the case, I can certainly understand why her Mom would have had no other choice than to call LE so quickly.

ROFL. Fair enough, I'm borderline obsessive & extremely Type-A (couldn't y'all tell?). But I have had nightmares of walking into a job interview and on the table there are computer printouts:

JanNnz 1998-
DeaR AOL DiARyYy,
ScHOoL SuXzZ! JayKaY I LoVeE iTTT. At LuNCH I TaLkKeD To MiKeEeEY<3<3 He iZ sO HoT! I WaNNa MaKE BaBBbBiEZ wiT hIM. AsHLeY WUZ a Bi0TcH ToDaY!
ThAz ALL,
PeEaCE OuTT- LL

... "I'm sorry Sir, I used to be an idiot." :woohoo: [I took way too much time making that rainbow haha]

The colors are absolutely PERFECT. :D

Hoppy

This is OT, but I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am that you lost your chihuahua. I buried one of mine this summer, and my big mixed breed died of heartworms last month also. I still have 4 other dogs, but still am grieving the two I lost.

ETA

I quoted the wrong post! I meant to address it to LadyRider.

Thank You, it has been a lonely house this past week. My DH and I loved this dog and he loved us back 10 times more. But he is in our hearts and will always think of him.

That person, claiming to be local, stated that AB's family were of absolutely no help to EO's mother when she was trying to locate her. Now if this is actually the case, I can certainly understand why her Mom would have had no other choice than to call LE so quickly.

Is it correct that they needed a search warrant for AB's home? Were not welcomed in to search? TIA

Is it correct that they needed a search warrant for AB's home? Were not welcomed in to search? TIA

That is what I was originally told. ILC said that was not true and that they welcomed them in. So I am not sure but they did have a search warrant.

A search warrant was obtained to search the house. No idea if they were"welcomed" or not, but a search warrant was used.

That is what I was originally told. ILC said that was not true and that they welcomed them in. So I am not sure but they did have a search warrant.

I remember the ILC incident but also (and perhaps more reliably) a doc that said AB household refused first search and therefore LE obtained a warrant. All on Friday.

I may be wrong but LE could have tried first for a friendly search and when they were rebuffed they came back to the site with a warrant. Not sure how this would play into the written evidence question, time-wise (i.e., press conference at 10 a.m. Fri and alleged break in case due to written evidence shortly thereafter).

A search warrant was obtained to search the house. No idea if they were"welcomed" or not, but a search warrant was used.

Capri, if they were welcomed in, they would not have had to go back and obtain a warrant, at least IMO.... Search warrant indicates either they were rebuffed and needed legal entry, or they had something very specific to search for, or both... Yikes anyhow.

Without giving out major details, why was it so sad? Just girl problems, or something?

Sorry I didn't respond earlier. Incase anyone missed it, I found RP's (uncle by marriage of AB ... and allegedly ILC) journal, but its since been deleted.

IMO, RP sounded seriously depressed, but it also sounded like he was actively working to make everything better. He wrote until summer 2009, so it was recent, but he NEVER mentioned AB. He did discuss KNP, and talked about how KNP was in California for a while - in a city that could easily be tied to the GPs through public records. NOT that it's important, it just cemented to me that this WAS the journal of who I thought it was.

Back to it being sad. The journal was just consistently downbeat and depressing for over a year. This person was really struggling with depression and self-hatred. Most journal entries vented/"ranted" about betrayal and self-loathing. I say ranted in quotes because I realize this college kid in MO probably assumed NO ONE would ever read his journal.

But he clearly discussed his personal issues, and [thankfully] what he was doing to pro-actively remedy what he felt were his faults. I know I don't know him, but I'm only a few years older than RP - and to realize you don't like where you're going and outline what you'd like to do to change it is a really big step for a 20-something. I do NOT want to disparage RP for his journal, especially if he's reading this, so his "bad past" AS FAR AS I KNOW FROM READING, was NOTHING "BAD" - it seemed to me to reference "typical" (for some) young adult things. Not saying this was in his journal, but for example, wanting to drink less (even if you are over 21), wanting to control your anger, wanting to be sweeter to your family/friends/significant other, being more patient, etc.

When I read what he wrote, it all seemed 100% genuine to me and I honestly felt bad that I was reading it. The lawyer in me said its on a public webpage on the internet, and it might say something important about AB and I should take it seriously and read it but not "tattle" if there was anything questionable NOT related to AB. After reading it, there was nothing about AB and I thought this journal could have easily been substituted for any teenager in this country.

ALSO, from the Xanga (2005) til this journal, he talks about KNP and how much he likes her. And about how mad he got when guys weren't nice to her about her weight. They only started dating in 2008. Those parts of the journal were so super cute.

Honestly. RP if you are reading this, reading your journals I was rooting for you- and I was so happy when I realized you DID marry the woman you have been in love with for a long time. And I was very impressed and happy that you seem to have overcome your past woes. I can't 100% say that myself. But I wanted to congratulate you and let you know... if you didn't inject yourself in this in the way you did, no one would have bothered "researching" as much as we did. But I do understand the impulse.

I still can't help but believe that when LEOs arrived and talked with EO's mother and they would indeed go to POI's home and interview/question. Also remember no Amber Alert issued (had to be a reason) and I know what it takes to issue those. Remember time is ticking and no little girl. What/How/When/Who was a search team called in?. Too many people around the area somebody/LE must have been watching the POI's house and what all was going on around it, cause that is the last place EO scene or heard from.

he talks about ... and how much he likes her. And about how mad he got when guys weren't nice to her about her weight. They only started dating in 2008. Those parts of the journal were so super cute.

Honestly. RP if you are reading this, reading your journals I was rooting for you- and I was so happy when I realized you DID marry the woman you have been in love with for a long time. And I was very impressed and happy that you seem to have overcome your past woes. I can't 100% say that myself. But I wanted to congratulate you and let you know... if you didn't inject yourself in this in the way you did, no one would have bothered "researching" as much as we did. But I do understand the impulse.

OMG. LawLady, thank you.

R, if you are really maybe reading this, I hope so much that you are one of the fortunate ones who found & married your best friend ever. And may you both find a way to support each other and grow even closer through this terrible time. Paradoxical, but possible.

I remembered something else being said about the warrant so I looked it up. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I did find it from Fox news channel website.

"Sheriff's officials said Tuesday that a warrant served near a neighbor's house just hours after Elizabeth's body was found is unrelated to the case. The department said it was an arrest warrant that came during a traffic stop."

I remember reading that too about a neighbor and a search warrant, Was it the POI's or another neighbor?

I remembered something else being said about the warrant so I looked it up. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I did find it from Fox news channel website.

"Sheriff's officials said Tuesday that a warrant served near a neighbor's house just hours after Elizabeth's body was found is unrelated to the case. The department said it was an arrest warrant that came during a traffic stop."

znot related...not buying it./

I remember reading that too about a neighbor and a search warrant, Was it the POI's or another neighbor?

Since they were talking about the arrest of the POI I assume they meant at her residence. I'm not sure who the arrest warrant was for though as they didn't say.

znot related...not buying it./

It does sound fishy. The question about the warrant reminded me I had read something about a warrant being for a traffic stop so I had to look it up. I wonder if that means they arrested 2 people from that house at the same time for unrelated reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member