MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember that the warrant was not served until after they were led to the body and they made the arrest.

Sheriff White has stated that it was physical and written evidence that led them to question AB - therefore it is most probable they had searched the house previously and were allowed to do so.

I don't want to nit-pick, and all this will come out eventually, but if the physical and written evidence came from sources outside the house, then LE may well have needed a search warrant to get inside. We (think we) know that about the same time on Fri that they were holding the press conference, they received written evidence that led them to a juvenile, who led them to the site... Swift resolution of the case after press conference indicates maybe yes, they had been inside earlier and obtained written evidence in the house. But that doesn't seem to jibe with how things are supposed to have gone down that Friday afternoon. Supposedly, during or near time of press conference, written evidence (from outside the house?) leading to search warrant for specific items &/or persons in house, leading to conversation with AB leading to find and arrest +/- 3 hours after press conference? Press conference putting enough pressure on SOMEone to turn over written evidence? Pondering...

FWIW, I kept diaries all during my teen years, that if were discovered now, would make me look like a blithering idiot! They were paper diaries I've long since burned, but I understand the situation. If I were a teen today I would probably do it online. You can allude to things and not use real names if you want to fly under the radar. But who could ever anticipate something like this happening to turn their life inside out. But I think it goes without saying that anybody who wants to kill somebody should not brag about it online!

This must be good cause it just woke me up. lol

No but this thought did wake me up.
Imagine yourself 17 years old, your mother takes custody of your half sisters children, ages 11, twin seven year olds, and quite possibly a two year old. No wonder KNP had the feelings towards AB and the younger children that she did. She was 17 years old, the baby of the family, in 2005 when her mother got guardianship of the other children. NOW at the age of 21 she is having to deal with her niece being a MURDERER!

I know I for one thought "bad" of KNP for what she said in the blog about not watching the other children, but looking at it from a different perspective I can see why should wouldn't be interested in it!

Now back to bed I go!

I remembered something else being said about the warrant so I looked it up. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I did find it from Fox news channel website.

"Sheriff's officials said Tuesday that a warrant served near a neighbor's house just hours after Elizabeth's body was found is unrelated to the case. The department said it was an arrest warrant that came during a traffic stop."

Who is to say that is not true. There may have been something found in a car that first gave them the AB lead. It could have been someone from the household or AB's BF or other friends. We don't know who or what could have been in a car connected to the household. They may have found a piece of "physical evidence" that made them want to look further at someone.

I could very well see AB taking something (perhaps a trophy, clothing or the diary) out of the house to hide it.

ETA this is not the case as I have later found tha it was after they had AB in custody.

Ynot divein- Not arguing with you either, I'm just not seeing the same person some of you seem to be. Once he posted this, I think he showed his true colors.
.......................................................................................................
Originally Posted by Ilovecookies
Quote:
I would like to point out that what people do on websites like this is damn wrong. Who cares about the KNP blog, or whether or not she converted to marry him, or even what religion they are.

Also, just to point out that you "slueths" have been duped. I'm what the internet refers to as a troll. I don't know anything about AB's family, I just reposted what I've been reading online. Also, I'm not even local, I'm from columbia, and haven't been to jefferson city in years.
As to my credibility, it is 0, but it is interesting to see that ANYONE can get on ANY of these sights, and pretend to be ANYONE they want to be. Also, it is pretty interesting to see that all of you clung to what I say as though it is fact. I'm actually surprised that you "gossips" haven't truly questioned my credibility before.

Anyway I guess I'll get banned now so for the last time,

ILC/Shadow2nose OUT!

Capri, I agree with you, only I think the "true colors" were deliberately obscured by ILC. He is absolutely someone with a close connection to the case, IMHO, and his parting shot and subsequesnt "apology" resulted from extreme fear of exposure and the fact that his chain was yanked by someone higher up on the food chain after they became aware of his posts.

Just to make it clear, I am not bashing ILC - but since you posted this I have a comment that I didn't think of right away. This says, "...or whether or not she converted to be with him..." since it is clearly the other way around - and since one of his blogs was a spew to people who were questioning his religious decision... I wonder why this was worded this way.

Quite honestly, until this was posted I can't remember reading anything about one of them converting, etc. Granted, I missed a lot of what ILC said because of the deletions.

So either this person didn't know OR it was worded this way to make it seem like they didn't know.

I think it was because I wrote a post about it I will see if I can find it. I was answering Curious when she asked what religion they were as the board was discussing how she got to the school on Thursday and what did she do all day b/c ILC had told us she skipped on Thursday and got caught there with her BF by a councelor. We had said about the morning church that AB frequently rode with to with a friend of another local poster and that was LDS. In the second paragraph I mention something out of AuntKNP blog that supports that she has been LDS as was her mother. Leading us to be fairly sure that AB was being raised with that religion.

Here it what it said: From thread 7 post 478
Found Deceased MO-New Diary Entry? Elizabeth Olten, 9, St. Martins Thread #7 - Page 20 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

That is what one of the things that I counted as average teen girl. But you could be onto another one if she acted "devout" when at church or temple. A poster said that some of the group of church girls that she knows is very upset. They said she was upset b/c they felt used and betrayed. I think it was said b/c they drove her back and forth to church and thought she was like them and after AB did this she feels she was "posing" by pretending to be like them. I can't quite spit out what I am trying to say but I hope you get the idea.

Curious I think it has been said they are LDS. AuntKNP make references to marrying in the temple would make her mother happy so I don't think she converted to marry RP. Although if the pic on her MS is a wedding pic as it appears to be she could not have worn that dress in a traditional LDS temple. There are many sects to LDS and I don't know much about them and nor which the AB family practices.

My two cents about forgiveness. Whoever ILC was, I might find it a bit easier to forgive what he did had it not been for the fact that in one of his first posts (if not the first one) he slammed EO's mother. He called her a meth head and accused her of being high at the time of EO's disappearance.

Whatever his motivation, THIS IS A BIG NO-NO in my book. EO's mom is a victim, and I always take immediate offense when someone blames the victim.

Again, my two cents.

In AuntKNP blog, she talks about marriage options... having a civil marriage and then a temple marriage which I believe would be in SLC. The other marriage option was waiting to arrange the temple marriage which would make her mom happy.

In RP's blog, he mentions changing his religion and uses a few LDS phrases.

Maybe this was discussed in detail earlier, but the more I think about it, the more it seems likely that the death of Bill Currie is somehow related to this incident. Particularly because the police chief (correct me if wrong) was the last person he spoke to.

There is an article from the "News Tribune" that says the following:

“Bill had the ability to sort through things and make a lot of sense out of it, sometimes, when other people couldn’t,” [Retired High School Principal Richard] Pemberton recalled.

Article here: http://www.newstribune.com/articles/2009/10/27/news_local/065local15currieremembered09.txt

I know that it is complete speculation, but scenarios keep going through my head about how they could be related, if Bill was somehow involved more with one of the involved parties more than is known/has been released. I don't doubt the "suicide" aspect, as it seems like there is good evidence of that. I just can't shake the fact that he was a journalism teacher and we know that AB had an interesting way of expressing herself in writing. Again, sorry if this is repeating a discussion that already happened.

I am not sure if he is involved or not... around town there is/was alot of people that say he is and alot that say he isn't. When I was at JCHS -- Mr Currie was over Nichols Career Center and Sher. White was our on campus police officer.... so maybe they remained friends and that is why Mr. Currie called him.

CC - A map was shown on Nancy Grace Oct 27. Here's a link to the video on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v__BuXJRPLs&feature=related"]YouTube- Nancy 10/27/09 Elizabeth Olten Part 4

Start watching around 1:30 and be ready to pause at 1:38 - it does not show the location "directly behind" AB's house like someone posted here, more like 1/2 way between the two homes. Who knows though...

This is also similar to the one I saw on the local news... that is why I couldn't figure out why everyone kept saying behind AB's house.

This must be good cause it just woke me up. lol

No but this thought did wake me up.
Imagine yourself 17 years old, your mother takes custody of your half sisters children, ages 11, twin seven year olds, and quite possibly a two year old. No wonder KNP had the feelings towards AB and the younger children that she did. She was 17 years old, the baby of the family, in 2005 when her mother got guardianship of the other children. NOW at the age of 21 she is having to deal with her niece being a MURDERER!

I know I for one thought "bad" of KNP for what she said in the blog about not watching the other children, but looking at it from a different perspective I can see why should wouldn't be interested in it!

Now back to bed I go!

danni, I didn't think bad of Aunt K at all...I was too busy noticing what she said about AB acting as if she owned the place and helping herself to K's belongings. Sense of entitlement and lack of empathy for the feelings of others is one of the hallmarks of the sociopath.

I read a comment on a newspaper article not long after they had found EO that stated something quite different than the version our good "friend" ILC related.

That person, claiming to be local, stated that AB's family were of absolutely no help to EO's mother when she was trying to locate her. Now if this is actually the case, I can certainly understand why her Mom would have had no other choice than to call LE so quickly.

I heard this too!

I am not sure if he is involved or not... around town there is/was alot of people that say he is and alot that say he isn't. When I was at JCHS -- Mr Currie was over Nichols Career Center and Sher. White was our on campus police officer.... so maybe they remained friends and that is why Mr. Currie called him.

Flashforward- Just curious, what is Sher?

I posted this a few days ago - #451

So was it an arrest warrant or a search warrant?

Out of curiosity, I googled to see what statements were released ----

JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) Monday, October 26, 2009 at 5:04 p.m.
-- "Police served a warrant at a neighbor's house just hours after finding the body of a 9-year-old Missouri girl. The Cole County Sheriff's Department served the warrant Friday night just several homes south of where Elizabeth Olten lived in St. Martins. Records don't indicate the type of warrant, and the department refused to comment Monday."

Associated Press - October 27, 2009 4:34 PM ET - "The Cole County Sheriff's Department served the warrant Friday night just hours after the body of Elizabeth Olten was discovered. The department said Tuesday the warrant was related to a traffic stop, not to the girl's death."

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 | 4:04 p.m. CDT
Columbia Missourian "JEFFERSON CITY — Authorities in mid-Missouri say a warrant served at a home in the neighborhood where a 9-year-old girl was found dead this past week was unrelated to the killing."

Chris Blank, The Associated Press, October 28, 2009 Springfield News Leader - "Sheriff's officials said Tuesday that a warrant served near a neighbor's house just hours after Elizabeth's body was found is unrelated to the case. The department said it was an arrest warrant that came during a traffic stop."

Wow, this was hard to find, but I believe I found the info on this matter. Down the same road as EO's house and the same night she was found, a young man was arrested for a dwi warrant. He was probably stopped due to traffic checks in that area that night and got nabbed.

I was told originally that LE went to the GP's house and the GF told LE that EO had not even been there. The 6yo told him that she had. The GP's refused to let LE search their house.
My step daughter was at Patty's Thurs night when she got a text to check out someone's house. She turned the info over to LE and from what I understand plans were put together to do a search on FRI.
I am posting what I am been told by someone I consider a reliable person. As for Sherriff White I have met the man a few times and I am confident he did everything he and his staff could do. He is a very honest and fair man. Sometimes when giving a Press Con you have to be carefull what you say in case the POI might be listening. Just like playing poker, you can't show your hand to early.

I agree. Living in Missouri, saying "get home" is not nearly as scary as it sounds.... I grew up in Ohio and that wouldn't be too nice to hear, but in Missouri it seems a little more commonplace, IMO.

snip...

I grew up in rural Illinois/Missouri and the "get home" phrasing seems perfectly normal to me. Other ways of saying the same thing (in MY vocabulary, which was further cemented by living in the South for some years) would be "get on home" or "get going."

Wow, this was hard to find, but I believe I found the info on this matter. Down the same road as EO's house and the same night she was found, a young man was arrested for a dwi warrant. He was probably stopped due to traffic checks in that area that night and got nabbed.

Where did you find it? A news article? Does it mention a name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman