MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except her sister is 6. I think maybe suporter?

I think legally her Aunt COULD be considered her sister.

but yea it oculd be a suporter but it is someone with VERY close ties like ILC did!

Reading the articles now it sounds like Kurt Valentine DID object in the hearing and didn't just sit back with his feet up:

"Attorney Kurt Valentine, who was appointed by the court to represent Alyssa during the juvenile process, had Heberle talk about how they would work to try and find a care program to fit what Alyssa would need, if she were kept as a juvenile offender.

The last witness Green called was Sgt. David Rice, an investigator with the Missouri Highway Patrol, who interviewed Alyssa after she was taken into custody.

Valentine argued that Rice's testimony would be more relevant to the process of finding innocence or guilt in this case and that was not what the certification hearing was about."

It says he was appointed by the court- and we know he's in private practice. There are programs where private lawyers volunteer through their law firms to defend indigent juveniles. That's what it sounds like this was. Also FYI if you make an appearance in a case, you become the attorney of record and you can't just leave your client usually without leave of court. So even though it looks "mean" that KV didn't stay for the arraignment, he couldn't (easily) have just represented her this one time and then left.

I can't wait to see the mug shot. Shes not going to have those pretty little black circles around her eyes like she so loved :'( (sarcastic) :sick:

It sounds like there may have been blood, so how did AB not get any on her? Didn't she go right home after?

"She has been on the anti-depressant Prozac since 2007, and after a 10-day stay at Mid-Missouri Mental Health Center after the suicide attempt, she was evaluated nearly daily on an outpatient basis."

Mental health services being what they are in Missouri, my bet is this "nearly daily" evaluation was a once a week visit to a therapist and then through her church or school -- which may not be qualified to eval someone with Alyssa's level of mental illness.

Although it is pointless to wish - this murder should be a wake-up call to the Missouri legislature as well as others around the country. If we had top-notch mental health care, we'd have a lot less LE problems.

I'm with you here, vjlaw. My reliable sources say the exact same thing. He did not kill himself because of anything to do to Elizabeth or AB.

I do hope you are right..but let me ask these questions:

Who made the call to authorities to report the suicide?

Where might such a call be documented (that are publicly available)?

I hope my source was wrong but IMHO I believe what I was told.

I think legally her Aunt COULD be considered her sister.

but yea it oculd be a suporter but it is someone with VERY close ties like ILC did!

Whoever it is posting there, is somewhat of a drama queen (or king), posting false info just to see the reaction the next day.

Is there ever a situation when someone wouldn't qualify for a PD?

Absolutely. If the accused owns real property, etc. It is presumed they can get a loan or mortgage and pay for counsel.

If AB, must quit that, can say Alyssa Bustamante now, is the ward of the grandparents, they may have to provide the attorney. Perhaps they will move to have her declared an emancipated minor, thus allowing her to stand on her own, and with no income or property, she might then qualify for a PD. Mp's PD system is strapped for money, so I suspect they will try to not get the case if it is at all possible.

And Capri, who do we know that has behaved in this manner before? Sleuths, get your Sherlock Holmes hats on and let's find out about this call mominjc mentions!

I do hope you are right..but let me ask these questions:

Who made the call to authorities to report the suicide?

Where might such a call be documented (that are publicly available)?

I hope my source was wrong but IMHO I believe what I was told.

How would what you refer to prove that Mr. Currie killed himself bc he knew something about AB? Schools have always covered things up. But what they may have covered about Currie has what bearing on AB's case?

Is Prozac the drug that causes homicidal & suicidal thoughts in teens?

I have a feeling this girl will never see the inside of a prison, but most likely a mental institution.

"Bustamante had been in care of her grandmother, Karen Brooke, since 2001, and Cook said her life at home was normal and structured. She did chores and earned an allowance, and had no abnormal confrontations with her siblings."

http://www.komu.com/satellite/Satel...4c70b769/07ae129e-80ce-0971-0113-e864f8522814

Grandmother's name is now public. I guess we can discuss her without fear of timeouts.

And this begs me to ask, "Why did the gm move to MO to gain custody." What are the hoops in CA to get legal custody?

How would what you refer to prove that Mr. Currie killed himself bc he knew something about AB? Schools have always covered things up. But what they may have covered about Currie has what bearing on AB's case?

It doesn't prove any connection at all!

IMO and only my opinion does it prove to me that information was "covered up" about his death. I cannot prove there is any connection whatsoever.
Also it has no bearing on AB's case at all. I never thought it did...
It does have a bearing on how the school handles the situation - which is my main concern as I have children in this school.

I really don't want to say anymore. If someone finds the answers to my questions...GREAT!!! Maybe then more people will question the remaining information that has or hasn't been released.

If no one can find the answers then we really haven't lost anything have we?

PS...If anyone knows of the method of documenting these calls....just know this information may not be retained long so when making the request for copies of reports I would request either the day of Currie's death or the whole week's worth of reports....just to now draw attention to what information you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jayc