MO - Elizabeth Olten, 9, St Martin's, 21 Oct 2009 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the edge of my seat. Hurry up hurry up hurry up. Sorry but I really want to know what will be the outcome here.

I live in Jefferson City and have been following the EO case since the alleged perp was taken into custody. I don't know anyone connected to the case and haven't heard any extraneous info. aside from what I've read here on WS.

I do, however, know a man who attends the (supposed) church of AB, KB, and the rest of the suspect's family. He wasn't aware of who the suspect was until ex post facto. I asked him a couple of weeks ago about the suspect and he said that he didn't know her but he did notice that he hadn't seen her at the church for quite some time prior to the disappearance of EO. He also stated something I found quite intriguing: He told me that the suspect's family was in church on Sunday, Nov. 8 along with the suspect. I'm assuming he was mistaken for who the suspect is. But if he's right, does any here know if juvenile offenders are allowed to attend religious functions?

I would imagin them letting a person worship,but only in the juvi center, with no exeptions,especialy this kind.

waiting, waiting, waiting. If the hearing was at 8:00 and it is now 9:17 and there is no update, I wonder whats taking so long. These hearings NORMALLY don't take long!

I would imagin them letting a person worship,but only in the juvi center, with no exeptions,especialy this kind.

She would be granted religous rights but as long as she is in custody she would not be allowed to leave the facility unless it was an emergency medical issue or some type if Dr' appt.

Apparently we were misunderstood by some SMs reading over here, they think mominjc is at the trial and wont release info on what has happened there bc someone at court and Tricia told her not to. SMs if you're reading this, she had inside local rumor info and wanted to post THAT a day or two ago, she is not going to the courthouse this am. I am not sure how this got so misconstrued...

Here is what I find baffling. I read that Mr Currie was an ordained Methodist minister. Did he change his religion to LDS or where did that come from?

"Early Years: Before Bill Currie's career as an educator, he worked as a Theology major and a re-knowned Preacher at the Church of Latter Day Saints in Nashville, TN. Bill Currie also engaged in many protests for civil rights in his earlier years."

http://deletionpedia.dbatley.com/w/..._(deleted_25_Jul_2008_at_04:34)&oldid=1119612

ROFL yes I am extremely impatient. I've never seen a juvenile/adult hearing, I am so curious what's allowed to be said at the hearing. The articles say the court takes into consideration the "viciousness" of the crime- I am wondering if the prosecutor really states in open court what the defendant is accused of.

Ah News Tribune. Someone said the "NT website" and I didn't know what NT stood for. Thought we had another RP or something. Wishful thinking!

Not to be a wet blanket but I totally agree with crimecurious: I would be shocked if the Judge rendered any decision today. We'll learn some important facts about the case but we won't know the outcome of this hearing.

I don't think there is much doubt that he will transfer the case for trial as an adult but, if for nothing other than appearance's sake, he will take some time to review the reports and deliberate after today's hearing. I'm almost positive these certification decisions are not appealable so he doesn't need to worry about the embarassment of being overturned but, let's face it, he's an elected judge and this may be one of the most high profile cases he may ever get, he will want to rule quickly enough so that people will view him as tough and decisive but not so quickly that anyone can claim he thoughtlessly railroaded a juvenile.

I hear everyone's concerns about cover-ups being behind the secrecy but I really think this is more about an elected sheriff and prosecutor not wanting to give the defense a chance to argue that the local jury pool is tainted. The prosecutor wants to make sure this case doesn't get removed to a distant venue and that it gets tried in his home court where he can get credit in front of his electorate. And who wants to be known as the Sheriff who let Elizabeth Olten's killer walk because he couldn't keep his mouth shut?

via twitter 2 hours ago:
KCTV5Newsdesk: Just talked with Christina Medina...teens in JC are handing out pink ribbons at the hearing for the alleged killer of Elizabeth Olten.

(my bold)

Ummm, is this a typo??? When I intially read it I took it as ribbons for EO but upon re-reading..... WOW I dont know what to say about that.

How the h3ll did KRCG get THREE reporters in the court room? I thought there was only suposed to be ONE reporter from each media agency?

Nope I can't post my info PLUS my info was just covered-up by the good ole boys this morning per the NT's site. Just know this...we will NEVER be told the truth about other incidents surrounding this case.

mominjc

Do you truly believe that your information is reliable and accurate? If so, why does what the NT printed today change that?:waitasec:

via twitter 2 hours ago:
KCTV5Newsdesk: Just talked with Christina Medina...teens in JC are handing out pink ribbons at the hearing for the alleged killer of Elizabeth Olten.

(my bold)

Ummm, is this a typo??? When I intially read it I took it as ribbons for EO but upon re-reading..... WOW I dont know what to say about that.

I'm hoping that was a huge typo.

via twitter 2 hours ago:

(my bold)

If this is true GOD HELP JODIBUG! we might have to pass the collection plate around for bond money! lol

No really, I know she was going and would have pink ribbons in hand to hand out this morning. Pink was EO's favorite color!

Danni, I am hoping you're right and that someone saw Jodibug handing out pink ribbons for Elizabeth and thought something different!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member