MO - Four similar homicides on Indian Creek Trail in Kansas City Aug 2016 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

"Surveillance video showed our victim, Steven Gibbons, on an ATA bus. A man exits that bus with him and is seen following him, getting closer and closer and closer. The man following the victim is carrying and drinking from a bottle and the camera pans away at the time of the homicide. DNA from a screwtop bottle found at Gibbons homicide scene matched the DNA found on a shirt also at the Palmer homicide scene. DNA from a cigarette that Scott was smoking was also matched from that bottle and KCPD detectives recovered that cigarette after Scott identified himself to police,” Peters-Baker said.

From darkstar's link:

"We are especially interested in his acquisition, his use and disposal of guns and ammunition. Now if you heard shots in the area of these homicides, we're asking you to please call us. If you've seen the defendant in any of the area of these crimes, or generally in the south Kansas City area, please call us. Any little piece of information may very well be of great value to this team standing around me," Baker said.

Baker released several other photos of Fredrick Scott, in the hopes that someone in the public might recognize him and be able to provide information to law enforcement.

scott2.jpg

scott1.jpg

scott3.jpg

scott_mug.jpg

http://fox4kc.com/2017/08/29/prosec...rail-murder-another-killing-near-67th-troost/

I just saw this on the news tonight!
I have a strong feeling they've caught the killer!

They said on the news just now that he admitted to be the one in the video walking on the trail.

arrest? arrest?!
wow I did NOT expect this!
I thought for sure these cases would go cold
WTG LE!
(off to read now)

A mysterious series of apparently random killings in Kansas City, mostly committed in isolated spots along walking trails, came to an end when the killer deviated from his pattern with a brazen, execution-style shooting in broad daylight on a city street, according to Jackson County prosecutors.

The fifth and final killing came shortly after noon on Aug. 13, when 22-year-old Fredrick Demond Scott allegedly followed a man from a city bus, crept up behind him on the street and shot him in the head — before turning and getting right back on a bus.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article170048557.html

a lot more at link...

whoa!

this guy looks so familiar to me ...

They said he had a friend who lived here in Willow Creek Apartments also. I tried to remember if I recalled seeing him but he doesn't look familiar.
They just said again on Fox 4 news that he admitted that he was the one who was walking the trail the morning of Darby's death.

I'm sorry if I keep repeating myself LOL but I can't tell you what a relief it is that this guy is off the streets. Living in the area and in Willow Creek Apts, always "wondering" and limiting what we want to do out of fear.
☺

Wow, they got him!! Incredible news.

I wonder if this guy is also responsible for the murders of Chase Hardin and Destiny Weaver.

I'm sorry if I keep repeating myself LOL but I can't tell you what a relief it is that this guy is off the streets. Living in the area and in Willow Creek Apts, always "wondering" and limiting what we want to do out of fear.
☺

I agree with you, I work near this area and its always on my mind. I hope this brings some kind of relief to these grieving families.

He was killing middle aged white men, I think this was a hate crime.

He was killing middle aged white men, I think this was a hate crime.
The link in post #242 mentioned the perp was angry about his brother's murder. Wonder if his brother was murdered by someone who fits this bill..

The link in post #242 mentioned the perp was angry about his brother's murder. Wonder if his brother was murdered by someone who fits this bill..

It is impossible to understand why they pick their victims, imo. I was watching ID this week about a serial rapist killer who started selecting the first woman he saw on the street to rape, torture, and murder. His explanation it started when he had a heated argument with his coworkers. He said he knew he couldn't kill them because he would be quickly linked so instead he targeted victims he never even knew to take his rage out on. :mad:

The minds of people who do this are so twisted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malik562
Back