MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is electrical outlet just outside the door @1:27. Is there any possibility of that getting knocked off exposing bare wires? Maybe the guys were using that door to quick step out and take a wizz? Was it drissling or a wet snow starting that night? Could a bare wire in a puddle cause them to become incapacitated? ~Just thinking outsdie the box here.

Nothing is going to convince me, that the home owner slept for two solid days on the couch with headphones and a loud fan on (who turns on a fan on a snowy day?). And he did not realize that he reportedly had multiple texts and messages. and that he did not hear multiple people banging down his door to get in. MOO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Plenty of studies on alcohol impairing one's judgement, ability to reason and react responsibly and rationally exist.

I recall numerous cases of drunken people being found frozen to death here in Canada. Sometimes right in their yards etc when a person comes outside the next morning ... they, nor neighbours having reported hearing the individual fussing while dying.

This link is distressing. The father was drunk and took his two littles outside with him while intoxicated. He though it was fine outside. They died. He lived.

Lesson: Alcohol and cold (nor freezing temperatures) do NOT mix well.
This brings to mind a scientific test I did at uni many, many years ago. My project involved testing people drinking alcohol in the cold. The uni I went to had a cold weather-controlled chamber. I provided alcohol to some subjects and non-alcohol to others as they exercised on a bike. The alcohol-drinking group had warmer superficial temperatures and 'felt' warmer, but their core temperatures were very much lower.

Conclusion: If you are drinking you don't feel the cold as much but your body may be suffering.

P.S. The test I did was 40 years ago. The paper was published by a group that did research on alcoholism.
PPS: Yes, I am old!

I hate when the wrong info gets assumed then spreads, so I want to clarify the situation. Someone mistakenly said all three were buried, but please take note that all three obituaries say the services are a "Celebration of Life", so it's quite possible not burials yet. Whether the bodies have been released to the Families is unknown.
This ^^^ Thank you @Curious Me

On the subject of JW not hearing people calling or knocking, I often wear noise-cancelling headphones when I'm sleeping or working--I'm doing it now, actually. Someone can be hammering on my door and sometimes I don't hear them. I usually do, but not always.

Nothing about JW's story strikes me as particularly unbelievable, even if the situation as a whole is a bizarre confluence of events.

Why would you turn on a large fan on a snowy day?
Claim you got only a fb message while family members claimed they texted him several times.
sleep for 2 days on the sofa?

If they were that drunk why would #4 and #5 let them leave to drive home. They would have seen that they were too drunk to drive let alone they would have been too drunk to go get help after one passed out?
just a thought.
Moo...you can say maybe you shouldn't drive you can crash here...but people still think they are ok. The other choice is to phone police n say they are to drunk to drive...but they are friends so you don't phone the cops cause it will cause them problems. They have (probably) all partied together many times. The other 2 guys may have been in their own party world and not even noticed....moo

It's got to be hard to accept for all their loved ones. They look like such nice guys. Took a lot of photos together. They were real friends. Ended up dying together. Dying too young and will be missed greatly.
They all do look like nice guys with long and lasting friendships. Their families and loved ones seem like really nice folks. I feel badly for them, that they're experiencing this tragedy to lose their beloved sons/partners/brothers/father. I do hope there is clarity in the end for them and that they don't have to suffer not knowing the truth.

Nothing is going to convince me, that the home owner slept for two solid days on the couch with headphones and a loud fan on (who turns on a fan on a snowy day?). And he did not realize that he reportedly had multiple texts and messages. and that he did not hear multiple people banging down his door to get in. MOO
Also with a couple big windows looking out back. I want to know when the dogs were moved because #4 would have had to let them out.
Still not sure when and if #5 saw the dogs that evening?

Why would you turn on a large fan on a snowy day?
Claim you got only a fb message while family members claimed they texted him several times.
sleep for 2 days on the sofa?
I don’t find the fan on in the winter unusual. I often have my ceiling fans on in the dead of winter.

Weird I know, but I do. However, the fan running would not affect my ability to hear someone knocking on my door.

The sleeping for 2 days straight is a whole other matter that I have a hard time understanding.

MOO

I hate when the wrong info gets assumed then spreads, so I want to clarify the situation. Someone mistakenly said all three were buried, but please take note that all three obituaries say the services are a "Celebration of Life", so it's quite possible not burials yet. Whether the bodies have been released to the Families is unknown.
Thank you. You’re correct.

Wait, you forgot your jacket if you're leaving to go home! Was the front door locked? Wouldn't he want his jacket before doing a bump in the back yard, like pound on the sliding glass door or something?

Was it easy to just get into the back yard then?

Why not do the bump of coke in one of their cars?

I was going along with your speculations, @sprightly, which seemed plausible, but these questions kept popping up and I realize there's no way any of us can answer them or confirm them.

BBM/UBM
Was it windy that night? If it was windy, or even breezy, I doubt they were doing lines or bumps in the back yard, as the powder would blow away. Super unusual to snort anything outdoors, especially at night (personal experience from long, long, LONG ago). It had to be in the house or in one of the cars if it was coke or some other inhalable powder drug, IMO. Just jumping off your comment, as I agree with you! I wish the tox results would hurry up.

There is electrical outlet just outside the door @1:27. Is there any possibility of that getting knocked off exposing bare wires? Maybe the guys were using that door to quick step out and take a wizz? Was it drissling or a wet snow starting that night? Could a bare wire in a puddle cause them to become incapacitated? ~Just thinking outsdie the box here.
Kind of doubtful ...but that's good to think outside the box.
Many of us here are doing just that.

Was it windy that night? If it was windy, or even breezy, I doubt they were doing lines or bumps in the back yard, as the powder would blow away. Super unusual to snort anything outdoors, especially at night (personal experience from long, long, LONG ago). It had to be in the house or in one of the cars if it was coke or some other inhalable powder drug, IMO. Just jumping off your comment, as I agree with you! I wish the tox results would hurry up.
Also what about the back fence ? Was there a gate that was locked and/or difficult to get through ?
Doubting that the three left and then returned.
Omo.

Moo...the 3 men were adults and had the choice to partake in whatever substance. I understand why to other 2 men lawyered up. Though probably more for possible civil claims. I do not see how either men could or would be held responsible for supply. The 3 men could easily of brought their own party supply with them. But it is pretty natural for family members to want to lay blame. Moo...but I do not believe there will be criminal charges against anyone... moo
Agreed. In order to be criminally charged there would need to be evidence of negligence or reckless action taken that resulted in death. If you left some drug pills in a bowl unattended and some kid helped themselves to it, that would be considered reckless action. If you offered cocaine to your friends and they willingly took it, that's not a criminal offense. You could certainly have a civil suit filed against you.

If the timeline is accurate, they were outside for less than 2 days (after midnight on Sun night/Mon morning until around 21:00 (9pm) Tues night = no more than 45 hrs). Still, that's a long time. I believe the guy living there had no reason to believe his three close buddies had died in his back yard. MOO.
I still don't understand. So, JW missed two days of work? A lot of employers would have sounded the alarm part way through the second day by contacting an emergency contact. MOO

All MOO here-- What I've been worried about is whether some of the victim family members will accept the findings. For instance-- Will they be able to accept maybe the three took something, voluntarily, maybe some recreational drug they might only do occasionally, that one of the three had on them, and it turned out to be deadly?

MOO, family members will still want to go after who sold / gave the 3 any drugs probably and demand that. If it's drug toxicity related, then I'm wondering if the family members will still cling to the idea they have, saying JW concocted something lethal, maybe because in their view the men saw something and he decided to kill them?

So, what I'm saying is if the toxicology report and other findings shows fentanyl related drug deaths, then the family members are most probably going to push to find out where those drugs came from. I'm not sure they'll stop looking at JW to blame.

The accounts still aren't very consistent between #4's & #5's stories. Odd unexplained things are left dangling for answers. I wish the details could get straightened and confirmed. ALL MOO

"No one seems to be willing to wait for the results of the toxicology report or wait for any other facts from the police department from a case that is still under investigation to make these speculations,” the source said.
Am hoping the families will have answers and some kind of peace ... regardless of those answers !

I think lots of people use fans or white noise machines or earbuds to sleep.

Even in winter. The fan isn't because he wants moving air, it's for the noise. So it wouldn't be a silent fan, on purpose.

However, I'd expect JW's white noise setup to be in his bedroom, not at his sofa, unless he slept on the sofa often. Which is possible, given the range of work-at-home intense concentration options folks on this thread have shared.

I think the lawyer's statements that JW "slept for two days" is a bit hyperbolic, not literally suggesting that he didn't eat, use the bathroom, or do a little work, but if he was recovering from the partying, he could easily have spent the bulk of those days snoozing and it's entirely possible he never looked around the backyard, noticed a left-behind jacket, etc. IMO.

Also, I'm newish to facebook and it took me months to notice a message that wasn't from one of my Friends. I don't use fb on the app, just the webpage, so it might look different to others, but when I look at my messages, the one from someone I wasn't friends with was tucked away, very easy to overlook. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member