MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting photos in that the top also shows the staircase.

Seems that the sliders is the dining room which is just off the kitchen. On the bottom photo, the small window would be the one in the kitchen based on it's positioning in the top photo. If JW was working from home and had an office set up in a bedroom upstairs, these photos make it seem entirely possible to come up and down the stairs to the kitchen to grab a drink, food etc without seeing what's in your backyard given the height of the kitchen window.

I believe the two larger windows on the left of the bottom photo are possibly the living room, but there is a wall between the kitchen and that area as can be seen in the top photo, so not windows one would see out of while walking up/down the stairs.
The two large windows are in what I would term the family room. It's the room that has the fireplace in it.

That sliding glass door is clearly not in the kitchen based on the first photo you posted. And if someone was sitting in a chair on the patio I don't see how they would be visible from the kitchen window that looks into the backyard, especially if it was up close to the house.
David Harrington was a fairly big man and the patio chairs were right there outside that window. I honestly don't see how he could have missed him. The fiancee didn't.

Doggie door was right there too. 5th man said his dogs were there that night. Just a glance out the window to look for his dogs in the yard he'd have been able to see him in the chair. IF he went into the kitchen area or looked out the window. AJMO

“As a brother, I’m looking at everything,” Price told News Nation’s Chris Cuomo on Monday.

He shared that he discovered that Harrington was “found on a lawn chair on the back porch, rather than all three laying flat, which paints a picture we didn’t have from the very beginning.”
The backyard of Jordan Willis is pictured.

Price also ripped apart Kansas City police, who have said there is no evidence of foul play in the victims’ deaths — as he suggested his brother may have unknowingly taken an unknown substance.

“I’m not saying there was or was not a crime, but if you immediately suspect no foul play, then you should have a story, you should have something to tell the families, and for no one to hear anything, that doesn’t make any sense,” he said.

Neighbor in that video said sliding door was in the kitchen area and it looks like there's a window looking out at where the chairs were on the patio also.View attachment 479243View attachment 479244

Based on these images, the only windows you could potentially see out of from the kitchen are the window in the door, and the small window next to it which appears to be positioned above an island. Both windows seem to have blinds on them.

I think it would easy to wander in and out of the kitchen without looking/seeing outside.

There are venetian blinds visible in the windows and patio doors in this image posted by @ifindedout. If you don't open or look through the blinds you won't see what's outside.

View attachment 479240
Maybe that woman neighbor in that video was only thinking about the floor plan and didn't realize there were blinds on the sliding glass door? The picture I posted shows a more transparent inside covering, just a screen maybe?

Based on these images, the only windows you could potentially see out of from the kitchen are the window in the door, and the small window next to it which appears to be positioned above an island. Both windows seem to have blinds on them.

I think it would easy to wander in and out of the kitchen without looking/seeing outside.
I disagree, even if it's just to look out to see how much it snowed and especially if he had his dogs home. JMO

Neighbor in that video said sliding door was in the kitchen area and it looks like there's a window looking out at where the chairs were on the patio also.View attachment 479243View attachment 479244
The interior shot above suggests saying the sliding door is in the "kitchen area" is stretching it. It looks like to me it's in a step-down dining room, an area a person living alone very well might not enter every day. The higher single window that's at a right angle to the sliding door likely is in the kitchen, perhaps over the sink. I'm not sure how much of the porch would be visible through that window given its height even without blinds (looks like the bottom of the window is a full foot above the top of the chairs), especially if the person simply walked into the room and wasn't standing close to the window & peering out.
MOO

Maybe that woman neighbor in that video was only thinking about the floor plan and didn't realize there were blinds on the sliding glass door? The picture I posted shows a more transparent inside covering, just a screen maybe?

Where are the two images you posted taken from? If they're from realtor listings they might be older photos taken before the blinds were fitted.

David Harrington was a fairly big man and the patio chairs were right there outside that window. I honestly don't see how he could have missed him. The fiancee didn't.

Doggie door was right there too. 5th man said his dogs were there that night. Just a glance out the window to look for his dogs in the yard he'd have been able to see him in the chair. IF he went into the kitchen area or looked out the window. AJMO
Even if the dogs were there that night, the doggy door indicates that JW wouldn't have needed to let the dogs in and out. I don't have a doggy door and don't look out after I let my dog out unless she's barking at something (99% of the time the UPS driver).

The interior shot above suggests saying the sliding door is in the "kitchen area" is stretching it. It looks like to me it's in a step-down dining room, an area a person living alone very well might not enter every day. The higher single window that's at a right angle to the sliding door likely is in the kitchen, perhaps over the sink. I'm not sure how much of the porch would be visible through that window given its height (looks like the bottom of the window is a full foot above the top of the chairs), especially if the person simply walked into the room and wasn't standing close to the window & peering out.
MOO
To me the sliding door area looks where the eating table would have been situated. It didn't look like there was any room in the kitchen for a table? I did see more pictures of the house, better perspective on that, on apartment.com but I didn't save the address to look it up again and can't find it. The pics just recently posted were from a NY Post news article. Anyone have the link to that apartment.com of the house handy?
TIA is someone does.

Hopefully it's okay to link this, it's a real estate site with several pics that give a better idea of layout.

Even if the dogs were there that night, the doggy door indicates that JW wouldn't have needed to let the dogs in and out. I don't have a doggy door and don't look out after I let my dog out unless she's barking at something (99% of the time the UPS driver).
No not let them out, just check on them if they were out. Doggies like to climb fences and explore :)

Hopefully it's okay to link this, it's a real estate site with several pics that give a better idea of layout.

Thank you, these are more what I remember.
It does look like that table area is the room with the sliding glass door and that kitchen window is at the sink looking out at the patio.
2302138-175-single-family-home-16.sm.jpg2302138-175-single-family-home-17.sm.jpg

Here’s a timeline with some new information I have not read:

One of the three tells his cousin Alan, that he and one of the other guys who was there that night will cover for Alan at his construction job on Monday. So this means that at least two of the three were expected at the same construction site on Monday.
So a text was sent to JW on Tuesday morning from person #5 and then knocking on the door Tuesday evening?
Were there other communications not included in the timeline, or is this actually complete?
Did no one look for the men on Monday at all?
Curious.

So a text was sent to JW on Tuesday morning from person #5 and then knocking on the door Tuesday evening?
Were there other communications not included in the timeline, or is this actually complete?
Did no one look for the men on Monday at all?
Curious.
That's what it sounds like. I'll paste part of the timeline below.

• JANUARY 8, 12:30 A.M. Willis goes to bed while the three friends are still at his home, according to Picerno.
  • JANUARY 9, 9 A.M. McGeeney's fiancée, April Mahoney, and Johnson's mother, Norma Chester, both text Weamer-Lee to ask if he knows the whereabouts of the three friends, according to Talge. Weamer-Lee then texts Willis but does not get a response, says Talge.
  • JANUARY 9, 7:00 P.M. Dakota La Tier, a close friend of the men, bangs on the door at Willis' home for 20 minutes but gets no response, according to his wife, Kaylee.
  • JANUARY 9, 9:00 P.M. Mahoney arrives at Willis' home and after seeing that the vehicles owned by two of the missing men are parked on the street, knocks on the door, according to two friends of the deceased. No one answers the door and there are no other entrances due to the fence that surrounds the backyard of the property, so Mahoney decides to break into the home through a basement window, according to the friends of the deceased. She calls out for Willis once inside the house to no avail, and once on the first floor sees a body on the back porch, according to the two friends. Mahoney then calls police.

To me the sliding door area looks where the eating table would have been situated. It didn't look like there was any room in the kitchen for a table? I did see more pictures of the house, better perspective on that, on apartment.com but I didn't save the address to look it up again and can't find it. The pics just recently posted were from a NY Post news article. Anyone have the link to that apartment.com of the house handy?
TIA is someone does.
I agree the sliding door is in a separate room where a table and chairs for sit-down eating would likely be located. I'd call that a dining room, especially with the step-down to it. Maybe others would call it a breakfast room, but unless there is another dining room somewhere in the house, I wouldn't. I certainly wouldn't call that room part of the kitchen (as the neighbor implied it was.) In any event, a guy living by himself probably doesn't go into that toom very often. I doubt he eats his meals sitting at a table by himself. And we know in his house there were blinds over the sliding door and they were closed. So no reason he'd have seen anyone on the porch through the sliding doors.
MOO

I agree the sliding door is in a separate room where a table and chairs for sit-down eating would likely be located. I'd call that a dining room, especially with the step-down to it. Maybe others would call it a breakfast room, but unless there is another dining room somewhere in the house, I wouldn't. I certainly wouldn't call that room part of the kitchen (as the neighbor implied it was.) In any event, a guy living by himself probably doesn't go into that toom very often. I doubt he eats his meals sitting at a table by himself. And we know in his house there were blinds over the sliding door and they were closed. So no reason he'd have seen anyone on the porch through the sliding doors.
MOO
In the link I posted upthread with real estate photos, there is a second dining room that seems more formal. I'm not sure what exactly the room with the slider would be called, I'd fill it with plants and have my coffee in there. But agreed it seems a man living alone probably didn't use that room much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState