MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever been put under for a medical procedure? You pretty much go out instantly, as soon as the drugs hit your system. There isn't time to call 911 during an overdose. People can't administer narcan to reverse the overdose on themselves because the od happens to quickly. Harm reduction advocates promote never using alone, many cities even have billboards, or ads on public transportation, promoting using fentanyl test strips and never using alone.
Yeah. The aneshesiologist injects the drug (usually Versed) Into your IV and tells you to count backward from 10.

I get to 7 and the wake up in the recovery room.

There is no reason to count backwards from 100.

I assume an OD of fentanyl hits you like that. 3 seconds and you are permanently unconscious.

Nice....

That's the point. The only thing close is the guy in the chair. He could have gotten up and
sat in the chair to rest thinking he was hot and tired. Finding him in the chair is a huge clue....
Hi there, I must have missed a link, was it confirmed the one poor soul was sitting in the chair when found? Please post, what I read before was not definitive, it was basically saying just sitting there. And did not specify an actual chair. Thank you.

Yeah. The aneshesiologist injects the drug (usually Versed) Into your IV and tells you to count backward from 10.

I assume an OD of fentanyl hits you like that. 3 seconds and you are permanently unconscious.
Many years ago I was an oral surgery assistant. We put kids to sleep daily with a concoction of versed, propofol and fentanyl. This was back from 2002-2008. Fentanyl wasn’t available on the streets like it is now. It’s actually a safe drug when used properly. It’s the synthetic crap that’s being made that’s killing people. :(

Agreed about the victim in the chair. They were overcome quickly, and couldn't manage to make their way back into the house. They froze to death where they collapsed/sat. JW survived because he didn't go outside, and he is very lucky to be alive. IMO.
No wonder he checked into rehab, what a wake-up call.

Have you ever been put under for a medical procedure? You pretty much go out instantly, as soon as the drugs hit your system. There isn't time to call 911 during an overdose. People can't administer narcan to reverse the overdose on themselves because the od happens to quickly. Harm reduction advocates promote never using alone, many cities even have billboards, or ads on public transportation, promoting using fentanyl test strips and never using alone.

Good information, helps to understand how quickly the overdose would have happened.

Also, on the subject of Narcan, I noticed at our grocery store's pharmacy that Narcan is now on the shelves for purchase with other over-the-counter items. For families with relatives who are known to use drugs that aren't purchased at dispensaries, sounds like it would be a good idea to stock up on Narcan.

How long before the drug impacts a person?
Would they have time to walk outside?
I can’t answer that. I don’t know. I do know a couple of people from a bar that my friend bartends at OD’d after all being together in the bathroom. It happened within minutes to all 3. Coke laced with fentanyl. Only one died. All 3 I went to school with. This happened within the last 3 months. They didn’t make it out the bathroom before it happened.

How long before the drug impacts a person?
Would they have time to walk outside?
Fentanyl is faster in onset than heroin.

How quickly, from the point of ingesting, can someone begin to show these symptoms of a fentanyl overdose?

Fentanyl is a very powerful medication. Depending on the amount of ingestion or the strength of ingestion, and the potency of the amount that was ingested, it can happen in a matter of minutes. We talked about the effect of fentanyl on breathing so that stopping breathing and lack of oxygen means that a patient can pass away in a matter of minutes. Time is really of the essence when you’re dealing with a patient who has suffered an overdose of fentanyl.

I don't think it's *quite* that quick because snorted fentanyl would have to be absorbed into the bloodstream before it took effect. An IV is direct into the bloodstream so it takes effect almost instantly.

But it's still a matter of seconds and too quick to do much about it.

@alcaprari23

Here is a new view of Jordan Willis' backyard. You see those two chairs on the patio? David Harrington's brother tells us his body was found upright sitting in one of those. The other two men were found dead lying on the ground on or near the the patio. Notice the windows. There's six looking out, plus door-windows and a sliding glass door leading to the kitchen. It's hard for me to understand how you don't look out ANY of those windows for 2 days straight and notice three of your friends frozen bodies out there.

Did Jordan Willis not let his dog out for 2 days? Wouldn’t he have let his dog either in the backyard (and seen bodies) or walk his dog from front door (and seen their cars)?

Many years ago I was an oral surgery assistant. We put kids to sleep daily with a concoction of versed, propofol and fentanyl. This was back from 2002-2008. Fentanyl wasn’t available on the streets like it is now. It’s actually a safe drug when used properly. It’s the synthetic crap that’s being made that’s killing people. :(
My wife, who works for a healthcare company, recently had a surgery. She just found out they used fentanyl during/after that surgery. She was a little upset that she wasnt forewarned, just because of the bad name fentanyl has received through news.

Also, anytime a drug or even alcohol is used, it's rarely instaneous. It takes a bit for it to work through the system. Its completely logical that these men had used the drugs and just started to feel the effects before realizing those effects may be "too much" (aka an overdose). Even if they felt that the effect of the drugs may be too much, they may have thought they were just being paranoid OR were resitant to calling for help due to the stigma faced. Just my opinion.

It is pretty common ime to have those who do not partake, at parties where others do. Jme. It could be that simple.
You’re right. I’ve definitely been in situations where people were partying waayyy harder than I was.
If those people had died, I’m sure there would be questions and people would wonder why I didn’t do as much and that’s also totally fair. But sometimes there’s really no answer and there’s nothing nefarious. I just simply wasn’t in the mood/mind-frame to go as far as they did, for whatever reason.

“Willis, who has a Ph.D., is a senior principal scientist for the non-profit International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI) and works at its Neutralizing Antibody Center in La Jolla”

I have no idea if a laboratory
scientist has access to drugs but he is highly respected in that community.

I was not talking about JW. One of the deceased men had a pharmacy technician license.

I was not talking about JW. One of the deceased men had a pharmacy technician license.

But there has been no evidence that he ever worked as a pharm tech.

In my state, the state's Pharmacy Board requires that indivdiuals who want to work in the field of pharmacy technician pass a state exam and then they become certified pharmacy technicains. But a person can register as a pharmacy technician in training for one year and then be hired by a pharmacy. During their first year of employment they get on-the-job training while working at a pharmacy and then must take and pass the state exam to be certified and to continue in their position. The registration with the state as a pharmacy tech prior to certiification is a way to (1) get a job at a pharmacy as a tech in training, and (2) ensure that the tech in training is eligible based on age, education (high school) and other criteria.

The deceased individual who worked in construction may have considered changing careers at some point and applied with his state to be certified as a pharmacy tech or be registered as a pharmacy tech in training, similar to my state. I haven't seen any reports that say that he actually worked as a pharmacy technician.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654