MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All! My 1st post here :) I have been creeping for a while and finally decided to join.

Now that we know the cause of death, the next answer is where did the drugs come from? I have been confused about why there has not been more consideration/information regarding the 5th friend. There were posts that he attended the celebration of life’s. His social media is now deactivated. He said JW’s dogs were at the house yet it has been confirmed they were at his dads. Sometimes the 1st to tell the story is the one that gets believed. He has lived in that town longer recently than JW so the family’s know him more.

Jw has been away at school and then with the pandemic, was probably extremely busy. This year may have been the 1st year he has had more free time to hang out. He also only recently moved back to KC so that explains why he wouldn’t know the family’s that well. Also, I agree as stated above, it doesn’t seem the family’s and JW share the same understanding of science so JW probably didn’t go out of his way to get to know them. Strangers are always easier to make villains.

It’s wild to me that there is so much attention on JW yet when you search for the 5th friend nothing really comes up. Also the family’s have seemed to really stand by the 5th friend.

I do believe JW’s story seems correct. I can truly see all of those things happening and the calls were not answered bc he had a robocall app that prevents Unkown numbers. I read that the 5th friend messaged him on Facebook so it shows they were not good enough friends to know each others numbers. Do we know if the 5th friend has been questions by LE?

[bbm]

probably not without his lawyer present!

I’m thinking he was tested voluntarily. Once his employer caught wind of the tragedy, they may have asked him to take a drug test. He fails and immediately seeks treatment - EAP sends him to rehab. Only way to protect his job, and who knows if he will be successful.
I would guess that he would NOT agree to be tested without a warrant. He has no reason to incriminate himself and he has a lawyer. The deaths really shook him up and he sought treatment for some type of addiction/problem. DM article states that he moved out of that rental and put his things in storage. To me it's a smart, reasonable move on his part. Many employers in all facets of work will support employees' attempts at rehab. I would think this includes the science field. It would surprise me if he gets charged with anything, but we'll see...

But there has been no evidence that he ever worked as a pharm tech.

In my state, the state's Pharmacy Board requires that indivdiuals who want to work in the field of pharmacy technician pass a state exam and then they become certified pharmacy technicains. But a person can register as a pharmacy technician in training for one year and then be hired by a pharmacy. During their first year of employment they get on-the-job training while working at a pharmacy and then must take and pass the state exam to be certified and to continue in their position. The registration with the state as a pharmacy tech prior to certiification is a way to (1) get a job at a pharmacy as a tech in training, and (2) ensure that the tech in training is eligible based on age, education (high school) and other criteria.

The deceased individual who worked in construction may have considered changing careers at some point and applied with his state to be certified as a pharmacy tech or be registered as a pharmacy tech in training, similar to my state. I haven't seen any reports that say that he actually worked as a pharmacy technician.
I don't know where he worked besides construction. TMZ reported he had a pharmacy technician license. But, they wrote it in such a way that conflated pharmacy technician with pharmacist. I was just saying what a pharmacy technician does. Just as you have explained it to me.

It could be, he does this if there is no construction work is available. Or maybe he just got a license for no reason. I don't really know.

ETA: i personally know someone who had a pharmacy technician license in two different states (not at the same time). In last one it cost money to get, there was a background check, he took a course, and a test, and worked as a tech. But, that state isn't Missouri, where this man lived.

I’m thinking he was tested voluntarily. Once his employer caught wind of the tragedy, they may have asked him to take a drug test. He fails and immediately seeks treatment - EAP sends him to rehab. Only way to protect his job, and who knows if he will be successful.
BBM. I think that is what happened. Once he gets treatment, under FMLA, he'll get his job back.
JMO

I would guess that he would NOT agree to be tested without a warrant. He has no reason to incriminate himself and he has a lawyer. The deaths really shook him up and he sought treatment for some type of addiction/problem. DM article states that he moved out of that rental and put his things in storage. To me it's a smart, reasonable move on his part. Many employers in all facets of work will support employees' attempts at rehab. I would think this includes the science field. It would surprise me if he gets charged with anything, but we'll see...
I’m thinking his employer may have asked him to test. Refuse, and an employee can be fired.

Now, that may not have happened at all. He may have just checked right in to rehab. Either way, his employer knows. I do wonder if they had noticed him missing for two days while he slept, or if he had called off. Or worse, stayed on the clock as he was working from home.

“Willis, who has a Ph.D., is a senior principal scientist for the non-profit International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI) and works at its Neutralizing Antibody Center in La Jolla”

I have no idea if a laboratory
scientist has access to drugs but he is highly respected in that community.

different people
Clayton had the pharmacy technician license

Many years ago I was an oral surgery assistant. We put kids to sleep daily with a concoction of versed, propofol and fentanyl. This was back from 2002-2008. Fentanyl wasn’t available on the streets like it is now. It’s actually a safe drug when used properly. It’s the synthetic crap that’s being made that’s killing people. :(
Street fentanyl (and other drugs, too) is of unreliable potency, and purity.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed due to opinion stated as fact>

I think the fact that the family members knew the 5th guy plays into their level of trust toward him, whereas they didn't really know Willis, plus it was his house where the deaths took place, so lots of distrust there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m thinking his employer may have asked him to test. Refuse, and an employee can be fired.

Now, that may not have happened at all. He may have just checked right in to rehab. Either way, his employer knows. I do wonder if they had noticed him missing for two days while he slept, or if he had called off. Or worse, stayed on the clock as he was working from home.

there's been significant conversations around his 'schedule'
he was a high-level scientist who probably didn't have to 'log on' and could do his research any time JMO

I Only Said Wine Glass. No Judgment.
We don’t know him....I also don’t consider the choice of stemware to be a barometer of taste or socioeconomic class. Nor if he is a wine “snob” vs. a beer drinker.
So, IMO, we cannot make these judgments about what “class” of people was suitable for JW.
snipped by me. @Arkay Jumping off your post. I agree w ^ it.
Another poster mentioned wine glass; I repeated wine glass & added a flip comment about bachelor glassware like red Solo cups & jelly jars.

Just seemed to fit w photos of guys w team jerseys/ jackets & memorabilia & standing in front of red KC Chief FLAG hung on wall at (I thought, perhaps mistakenly--->) JW's house. Like "Go Team." jmo.

No judgment about JW's socioeconomic class. Or the others'.

Last edited:
He was a pharmacy technician. They know more than most average people, but some of what they know is calling insurance companies and using the computer. I don't know if you could say he "studied in the field" based in him being a pharmacy technician. They help a pharmacist fill orders made by doctors. If there are any serious questions, they have to ask the pharmacist.
So for that role, they don't have to take a program of study in order to learn about medications and such? I just did a search online and it says a 2-3 year college program is necessary for it. So, I'm not sure. I assume they don't just hire anybody for the role. That would be scary. MOO.

"Pharmacy technicians usually require a two-year pharmacy technician college program or completion of a two- to three-year college program in pharmaceutics and supervised practical training. Completion of the Pharmacy Examining Board certification exams is required for pharmacy technicians."

there's been significant conversations around his 'schedule'
he was a high-level scientist who probably didn't have to 'log on' and could do his research any time JMO
Newsweek is on it... inquiring minds want to know!

“On Thursday, Newsweek sought email comment from IAVI about Willis' employment status.”

So for that role, they don't have to take a program of study in order to learn about medications and such? I just did a search online and it says a 2-3 year college program is necessary for it. So, I'm not sure. I assume they don't just hire anybody for the role. That would be scary. MOO.

"Pharmacy technicians usually require a two-year pharmacy technician college program or completion of a two- to three-year college program in pharmaceutics and supervised practical training. Completion of the Pharmacy Examining Board certification exams is required for pharmacy technicians."

There are community college programs that a person can take to prepare them to take a state's certification exam, but in states that I know of, it isn't necessary to take the community college two year program. A person can register with their state board and do their supervised practical training while starting to work at a pharmacy as a pharmacy technician in training, for one year, and then they can take the state board exam and if they pass, they then become certified pharmacy technicians. Lots of pharmacies in our state are trying to recruit people to apply for these jobs and the pharmacy will provide the training for one year and then the employee needs to pass the state board exam to be certified. Pharmacies like Walgreen, Rite Aid, and various grocery store chains that also have their own pharmacies in their stores.

Per TMZ, FWIW. I couldn't find McGeeney's name on the Missouri pharmacy licensure website.
Yes, i remember someone (maybe you) saying that now that you mention it.

So, maybe no one involved in this situation has a pharmacy technician license. But, even if they all did, if none of them were working as one then they would not have any access to drugs. Even if they were, they could not use that to order drugs. So, it's kind of irrelevant.

JW is is well educated, but he's not a pharmacist. I doubt he has any particular access to drugs because i don't see how that would apply to his job.

ETA: i think TMZ was just trying to get clicks by building a weird narrative for idk why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654