MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if they used "metro area" or not. But probably. I think the article says "parts of 9 counties."

When I try to google it, I get different numbers of counties (up to 15). So I have no way of knowing what population produced the data in that article - but it does seem to be based on some kind of Drug Task Force/DEA project based in and reported in Kansas CIty (where I assume most residents have heard of the Star and some must surely have heard of the fentanyl issue?)

Which was my point. My guess is that the data are solely from the MO side of Kansas City (still can't figure out how many counties that is - but article says "parts of" 9 counties in MO were analyzed.

Article was written in Fall 2023 - so the number is higher now.
The KC Star is the major daily newspaper but I'm not sure if young men in that age group read it or pay attention to tv news. I'm betting whomever sold/gave them the cocaine was well-known and trusted.

JMO

It only takes trace amounts of fentanyl to be deadly, it just really wouldn't make sense mathematically to use it to weigh anything down.

You're absolutely right it's a moot point! I agree with your point and it is a great reason to move on from the subject!!

Ebm: also, just because they all had thc in their system doesn't necessarily mean they all consumed it that evening, after all, it stays in the system (blood ,urine, hair) much longer than the other drugs found in their system. Though it's not a leap to assume they did.
If you're talking about fentanyl, it actually has a very short half life, so it is more likely to have been consumed shortly before death.

If there are texts or calls between #5's phone and either of the three or JW discussing drugs or purchases, I think that would be enough to get a warrant for #5's phone. IMO.
I thought it was reported all LE had for the 3 dead men's phones were logs of calls. They couldn't get into the phones or at least hadn't a few days ago per reports from family who didn't seem to have the codes. So I don't know how they could have texts from the phones and call logs won't reveal what was discussed during calls. But you are right, eventually they may be able to get to #5's phone, depending on how much they pursue the case and where other evidence leads. MOO

Wouldn't they need a warrant for that, though? Number 5 pretty much went off the grid once he was named, and hired an attorney IIRC, which has me side-eyeing him somewhat. IMO.
BBM. Me, too!
After 3 deaths--with highly toxic drugs suspected to be the cause--a warrant would take 5 seconds for them to get.

JMO

I thought it was reported all LE had for the 3 dead men's phones were logs of calls. They couldn't get into the phones or at least hadn't a few days ago per reports from family who didn't seem to have the codes. So I don't know how they could have texts from the phones and call logs won't reveal what was discussed during calls. But you are right, eventually they may be able to get to #5's phone, depending on how much they pursue the case and where other evidence leads. MOO
IMO, LE can break into big time criminal's locked phones and these guys probably had no reason for extremely complex passcodes. Majority of people use easily guessable combinations, these guys wouldnt be any different.

Although 850 fentanyl deaths in Kansas City (population of the city itself is 150,000, I think - and this data was for the region, which probably has around 500,000 people). You'd think people would be aware. I think that many of these decisions take place in an alcohol-suffused environment, as well.

That data is apparently from 2020 onward (I posted the Kansas City Star link a couple of hours ago).

Whew - was able to find it again:

Even if the city is a bigger than that, that is still a LOT of deaths. Staggering really. And you see deaths in urban, suburban, rural. It does not discriminate. It is truly frightening what this drug can do.

If you're talking about fentanyl, it actually has a very short half life, so it is more likely to have been consumed shortly before death.
I said thc stays in the system much longer than the other substances, so I agree, and I believe you are absolutely right about fentanyl.

Like it's been pointed out by another poster, maybe they didn't take more fentanyl, maybe it just took a little bit longer to hit them to cause them to lose or become semi consciousness while they were outside in freezing temperatures. Like they stated, I believe the only reason the three men died is because they were outside when they were highly intoxicated, perhaps they could've survived if they were indoors, or outdoors in different temperatures. Imo

Yes. I have no reason not to believe this source.

JMO
Link:
Fentanyl laced weed is a term used for marijuana that has been mixed or ‘laced’ with some fentanyl. People want to know why drugs are laced with fentanyl. The answer is that this is commonly done to heighten the short-term pleasures that are felt after ingesting marijuana, or in order to profit more from the amount of marijuana sold, when it is sold by the weight.
If a seller (or novice grower) wants to make marijuana weigh more all they have to do is moisten it. This is done by spraying with water, adding a cannabis leaf to the curing jar, a wet paper towel, etc. I am not saying that fent is never added to marijuana but as a means to make it weigh more it doesnt make sense cost wise.
MOO (25+ years experience growing medical marijauna both large and small scale production)

IMO, LE can break into big time criminal's locked phones and these guys probably had no reason for extremely complex passcodes. Majority of people use easily guessable combinations, these guys wouldnt be any different.
It wasn't clear they've broken into the phones yet. And there have been cases where the FBI hasn't gotten into phones easily or at all in a few cases, phones that didn't belong to big-time organized crime persons, just to victims. So we'll see.
Family said they'd been asked for the codes. And at any rate, phones won't reveal if there were calls discussing drug deals among these 5. These people knew each other after all. Calls between them would be normal. It's other calls that might be more useful to know about IMO and they already had that info from the phone logs from the carriers. MOO

I've read that it is laced with fentanyl to add to the weight. JMO
...in order to profit more from the amount of marijuana sold, when it is sold by the weight.
"in order to profit more from the amount of marijuana sold, when it is sold by the weight"
Marijuana is heavier than a powdery substance like fentanyl. That's why it is weighed in pounds. It would take a lot more fentanyl to equal the weight of marijuana.
I think you explained it perfectly, @fsngruv. Plain and simple, you wouldn't add fentanyl to marijuana to add weight.

MOO, @MyBelle, I don't think the toxicity was in the marijuana in this case. MOO, it's more likely the coke was laced with fentanyl. It's a cheaper way to add to the high, and one of the things used to cut coke.

This is actually on topic. I'm watching "Griselda" starring Sofía Vergara, the limited series on Netflix right now about the true Griselda Blanco. It's about the coke empire she established.

Part of how she'd talked her way into partnerships selling to the big Miami coke movers was her convincing line-- The coke she had was so pure you'll be able to cut in 2 or 3 times more than the junk they were getting from other sources. ($tretching it for profit, in other words). So, although it's not really feasible to lace MJ with fentanyl to add weight, it certainly ends up in coke to cut it and still give a extra high to it.

If a seller (or novice grower) wants to make marijuana weigh more all they have to do is moisten it. This is done by spraying with water, adding a cannabis leaf to the curing jar, a wet paper towel, etc. I am not saying that fent is never added to marijuana but as a means to make it weigh more it doesnt make sense cost wise.
MOO (25+ years experience growing medical marijauna both large and small scale production)
All of it is interesting and has been a real eyeopener! But is a novice grower as intelligent as you are? Fentanyl seems to be pouring across the border and killing way too many of us!

JMO

I know practically nothing about drugs, but imo they're adding fent so the people who buy the coke get some kind of drug effect thus they can use less cocaine to make more batches to sell to people. That's my opinion.

Organized crime (of some sort) is where this stuff comes from. If someone will pay for cocaine that isn't even cocaine (theoretically), then that means more $$$ for them.

If someone buys "cocaine" and it gives a different drug effect than they expected (but doesn't kill them) what is that person going to do about it? Especially if they liked it, which apparently a lot of people do.
Fentanyl is an opioid, and gives the opposite effect of cocaine--

Perhaps when JW thought his friends were leaving, he misunderstood what they meant and they were really just popping out for a few minutes.

Maybe to buy something he didn't know about. Maybe not.
BBM. Good point! Could it possibly have happened when #5 left, JW thought the other 3 were also leaving by the front door and that's why they later left thru a back door?

JMO

MOO, @MyBelle, I would think if cocaine was in the three's systems that the toxicity was probably there in the coke, not the marijuana. This is just common knowledge. Many coke movers and drug cartels will cut cocaine with additives and fillers in order to increase their profit margins. There's some most common cocaine additives to cut the coke stretching the amount to be sold, but some things (like fentanyl) it's cut with are more harmful than the original substance.

It could be cut with-- Household goods, such as flour, baking soda, and talcum powder, Inositol, Boric acid, Levamisole, Anesthetics such as procaine and lidocaine. Plus it may be cut with illicit drugs, including heroin, MDMA, methamphetamine, and fentanyl.

BBM / MOO

All of it is interesting and has been a real eyeopener! But is a novice grower as intelligent as you are? Fentanyl seems to be pouring across the border and killing way too many of us! JMO
AFAIK, most of the fentanyl is manufactured in China and then can end up in the hands of the Mexican cartels. There are also people getting their supply from associations with the cartels selling fentanyl pills on the dark web. I know of this woman, I didn't know her personally, here in the US who was doing that and sold recklessly to a DEA agent through the dark web, and also one of the people she sold to was a woman who died from fentanyl poisoning. The seller / dealer left a trail online, they could track her down. Part of her charges were for sending it across state lines. That woman is doing 13 yrs. in prison.

A Good read.......Look for inconsistencies in statements

There is a statement made where the 3 were "alive" verses "totally wasted". "Alive" is a non descriptive
state especially when someone's cognizant state is at question. Based on what is being assumed (accidental
over dose) "totally wasted" is the more descriptive (last time I saw them) state.

There is mention of purchasing tickets for the next game.....

Remember Money is typically a motive.......
Tickets are the results of spending money.......

Sun Jan 7 KC @ LAC
Sat Jan 13 Miami @ KC
Tickets are the path to money.
Drugs are the path to money.

If there were plans to go to the SB that trip would require a lot of money.

Backpack and wallet mentioned but no money.......what was in the backpack?

5 in 2 out..........There's more to it......

DailyMail.com broke it to the heartbroken father that it was his son who was discovered first – by McGeeney's desperate fiancée April Mahoney, 34, who broke into the property just before 10pm that Tuesday night.

'I didn't even know that,' he said. 'Maybe David was trying to get back into the house. Maybe something had happened and that's why he was on the porch.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper