MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So they ingested the cocaine, walked out the back sliding door. Two walked further toward the backyard One sat down in the chair and passed out.
Harrington being the last one shut the sliding door and sat down in the chair and passed out.

Is this before or after they walked out the front door? as JW stated.....
I presume it was after they’d walked out the front door. Did they return through the front door, and head out back through the slider?

You may be correct, but it could also depend on their level of tolerance; i.e. how much and how often they took the drug.

The typical "fatal dose" is usually based on people who don't have a built-up tolerance. There have been many overdose deaths where the person had been clean for a while, then went back to taking the dose they used to take and OD'd because their body was no longer used to it.

Exactly. And also average size/body mass.

And no one knows how long a person can be "clean" and then have to start all over again at low doses of unprescribed drugs.

My take and my opinions only. I agree with Curious. In my experience, as an avid sports fan, over the age of 50 and one who went to hundreds of parties and sports bars to watch football with the guys and gals over the past 35 years, including living with other guys in "man caves" - many tv's all over the place:

These gentlemen were "professional Kansas City Chiefs football watchers" and partiers. They had very normal habits that they had repeated for years. Every picture shows them together wearing their team's football jerseys. Their families knew about this. Their wives/fiances/parents were so used to them doing this, and being wasted and not coming home on Sunday night game nights, that they were not looked for when they did not show up for work the next day (Monday) for 2 days. They had done this before.

They all decide where they are going to go before each game and come prepared with beers, cocktails, weed, etc. But when coke comes out, it is a big deal. Guys like this (we and my friends) don't "save" coke. They were drinking and watching games for 10 hours at least. They were comfortable in the house with their friends. They had done this many times before.

My feeling is the tainted coke came to the party after the games ended. That would have been around 10:30 pm at the earliest. Either the renter or the 5th man mixed it up, brought it out, delivered it or they had it delivered to them. That's who LE is looking at. JW, the 5th man or someone we do not know are the keys to who supplied it. And they are in trouble with the law.

JW going into rehab with a (my words) contrived, legally/family written statement along the lines of "he's going into rehab immediately in order to deal with his issue head on - an enormous, heartbreaking wake-up call' - that he needed to seek professional help is a sympathy play and an attempt at avoidance.

I also think he had 2 days to try to clean stuff up in his place, was probably hoping some of the drugs in his body would wear off, he could have tried to move the bodies/flushed drugs down the toilet/gone to the dump to dispose of evidence, etc.

The truth will out pretty quickly. In my mind there is no chance that the drugs that killed these 3 guys were there with them all day. It arrived sometime around midnight or later and they snorted it right away and it knocked them silly/killed them in a few seconds.
I agree with each point. Especially when the tainted coke arrived at the party and the mixologist fixed a batch for them to partake. And OH are they ever IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW.

JW going into rehab is akin to going into hiding in this instance and situation. He is avoiding everything, especially any culpability or scrutiny thereof. Absolutely a classic case of “save my own *advertiser censored* at any expense or ruse.”

I agree with you about his probable knowledge and activities of all occurrences, especially in light of the extended two-day delay between his friends demise and the authorities being alerted.

I also agree with you about the timeline. It arrived shortly before being consumed and killing them. it seems to be a very surreptitious and covert type of case, and the authorities are trying to follow all the breadcrumbs to secure a solid prosecution before arresting and charging anyone. I’m confident that is all to come in the ensuing days and weeks/months. Hopefully sooner than later.

I presume it was after they’d walked out the front door. Did they return through the front door, and head out back through the slider?

Only one person seems to say they walked out the front door (all evidence says otherwise). But if you've ever partied, such details can get very mixed up.

"Leaving" also has a broad meaning. For example, a group of men headed toward their cars might take a cigarette/drug break in either the front or back yards (if they are using, probably more likely for it to be the backyard).

Many drug-related deaths are related to "I've done this before and I was find" kind of thinking. Sadly. Even a well trained doctor can't predict drug interactions...without bloodwork. That's why we have hospitals to monitor proper use of some of these prescribed substances.

IMO.

I imagine he probably had something (alcohol or pot) in his system but if the deceased had three times the level of fentanyl to kill then likely JW didn’t participate in that or he too would probably be dead.
JMO
That is the only Logical way he could have survived. He didn’t partake of the coke. They did. One wrong choice can have such severe consequences.

I agree with each point. Especially when the tainted coke arrived at the party and the mixologist fixed a batch for them to partake. And OH are they ever IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW.

JW going into rehab is akin to going into hiding in this instance and situation. He is avoiding everything, especially any culpability or scrutiny thereof. Absolutely a classic case of “save my own *advertiser censored* at any expense or ruse.”

I agree with you about his probable knowledge and activities of all occurrences, especially in light of the extended two-day delay between his friends demise and the authorities being alerted.

I also agree with you about the timeline. It arrived shortly before being consumed and killing them. it seems to be a very surreptitious and covert type of case, and the authorities are trying to follow all the breadcrumbs to secure a solid prosecution before arresting and charging anyone. I’m confident that is all to come in the ensuing days and weeks/months. Hopefully sooner than later.

How do you know there's a "mixologist"?

They are in trouble with the law if the facts can be established (the "mixologist" might not even have been on scene).

JW was probably asked by his employers to deal with his (now public) substance problems. Doing what he did is not "avoidant" behavior in my book. People who need rehab...need rehab. It's the opposite of avoidant (and is publicly humiliating/talked down about - as we can see all over the internet).

You put way more faith in JW's personality and knowledge than I do>

I do agree about the timeline (something off about when the substances were stacked/taken - but I find it easy to think of about 8-10 scenarios, all varying, that account for these facts.)

I hope that KC has the money and personnel to do as you suggest (but I doubt it).

IMO

And no one knows how long a person can be "clean" and then have to start all over again at low doses of unprescribed drugs.
That statement is so true, reminds me of Amy Winehouse. She had lost that tolerance for excessive alcohol volume tolerance during her dry and sober period. She died due to alcohol poisoning. She could no longer process the abuse and large portions consumed over a brief amount of time.

So many variables are applicable in drug and alcohol misuse. What worked one time, may not work the next time. It’s a gamble on the streets, like playing Russian roulette with a fully loaded Revolver. It’s so prevalent now - it’s frightening.

I’d like to hear a reasonable scenario where JW was able to drag 3 grown men across the house and out the back door.

Did he see the ODs happening and act right away to start dragging them outside? Did he wake up minutes or hours later and find them deceased?

How would an average guy be able to move 3 men? What’s the timeframe for doing so? One right after the other? I’d imagine he wouldn’t have the strength or energy for one after the other, especially if he was drunk and/or high.

What about livor mortis, which can start to set in as quickly as 20 minutes after death?

David, the guy found in the chair, it should have been pretty obvious to police, based on where the blood was pooled, whether he was sitting in the chair when he passed.

I don’t believe that JW dragged his friends outside. But I’m open to hearing out a reasonable argument.

That is the only Logical way he could have survived. He didn’t partake of the coke. They did. One wrong choice can have such severe consequences.
I don't believe JW knew the cocaine was ever there. And when he spoke with LE, I doubt they told him that death could be from a drug overdose.

I also don't believe his treatment for addiction is a form of avoidance. I think it is for alcohol+cannabis addiction and he wants to keep his job.

jmo

I don't know if you're familiar with the wrestler Kurt Angle, but he has spoken very openly about his addiction to painkillers which started after he broke his neck. He was prescribed one vicodin every four to six hours. By the time he went to rehab he claims he was taking up to 65 pills per day, and slept for a full 24 hours after taking 20 pills in one go. He's lucky to be alive, and IMO that kind of dose *would* kill most normal people.

Although "three times the lethal dose" sounds like it must be what killed these three men, I think it's still possible hypothermia could have been the final insult that helped cause their death. Hopefully the autopsy reports will clarify that.

They ALL came after the game was over, according to everything I'm reading. The 3 friends arrived just after the game was over (time for celebration!) Then the fifth guy came over somewhat later.

Cocaine *does* help with alertness/acuity. My first study of the drug was among surgical residents and surgeons at a major hospital (and I have interviewed other doctors who specialize in the treatment of cocaine-addicted doctors). Indeed, many of these doctors continued to use under supervision of other doctors (cocaine is, after all, a prescribable drug). It's schedule II.

I don't think the four men watched the game together (they may have watched segments of it that were recorded, of course). I've known many people at parties where they did a bump right before going out the door to drive, actually.

If your theory is right, then the men probably didn't know their coke was laced with fentanyl (in which case it is indeed question about who brought it, when it began to be used, etc - maybe they did several lines of coke at around midnight - and it was laced with tiny amounts of fentanyl - either through cross-contamination by drug dealers packaging and weighing or for some other purpose).

So many weird things to think about - but fentanyl is definitely a major death-dealer in the US.
Some inconsistancies are bothering me. I have read that the 3 guys went over "to watch the game", or arrived around 9 pm (which would have been around halftime as the game started around 7 pm local time) and I have read they came over "after the game to celebrate the Chiefs win." So, did they go to watch the entire game, leave a bar or somewhere else to go over and watch the second half, or go over after the game ended? I am not sure.

What strikes me is, if I am with a group of guys to watch a game (the second of the day, so it is already a long day of partying) why do I leave while the game is still on? Or, if the game is over, why do we go over to a new guys' house after? I have never done that. Unless........it is announced that somebody has or is bringing coke. I am thinking they knew somebody was going to get coke, and they went over just for this bump. An all time bump that unfortunately and not purposely, killed them.

LE wants phone records. Phone records will tell who called who, and followed by them getting in at least 2 of their cars (2 of which were left there on the street for 2 days) and heading over for something special.

I have never gone over to a new house after the late game on a Sunday night. I'm tired by that time. Something special was about to happen in their minds. Not just the game. Just MHO.

Last edited:
This article was published on 1/31, the day before the tox results were reported. Also, playoff tickets are much, much cheaper than Super Bowl tickets, usually a few hundred dollars. The Wild Card game tickets weren't even available to purchase at the time.
Yes. And another thing :) The next playoff game after they died, the one where JW supposedly bought tickets for the group to go to together? It was in Baltimore.

That story was told/repeated by one of their father's, I believe. So, take that with a grain of salt. IMHO if JW had bought them tickets, the father would have also added "and he bought all of them plane tickets and hotels to go to Baltimore for the next game." I highly doubt this. JMHO.

Last edited:
Some inconsistancies are bothering me. I have read that the 3 guys went over "to watch the game", or arrived around 9 pm (which would have been around halftime as the game started around 7 pm local time) and I have read they came over "after the game to celebrate the Chiefs win." So, did they go to watch the entire game, leave a bar or somewhere else to go over and watch the second half, or go over after the game ended? I am not sure.

What strikes me is, if I am with a group of guys to watch a game (the second of the day, so it is already a long day of partying) why do I leave while the game is still on? Or, if the game is over, why do we go over to a new guys' house after? I have never done that. Unless........it is announced that somebody has or is bringing coke. I am thinking they knew somebody was going to get coke, and they went over just for this bump. An all time bump that unfortunately and not purposely, killed them.

LE wnats phone reords. Phone records will tell who called who, and followed by them getting in at least 2 of their cars (2 of which were left there on the street for 2 days) and heading over for something special.

I have never gone over to a new house after the late game on a Sunday night. I'm tired by that time. Something special was about to happen in their minds. Not just the game. Just MHO.
If the game started at 3:30 Pacific time in LA, the time it was being broadcast in KS was probably at 5:30 on ESPN. Unless there was a blackout and delay.

I agree. It seems to hit like a bullet severing the spinal cord. It’s almost instantaneous when it hits the nervous system. Hopefully they were not in pain and were unaware of what was occurring. Senseless loss of life. Very sad and tragic on any level.
Yes, and did anybody see the comments by the medical examiner from OJ days, Dr. Baden today? He thinks the cold killed them. Not likely.

Dr. Baden explains how Chiefs fans likely died after fentanyl reportedly found in toxicology report
'It's less likely to be overdoses, more likely to be hypothermia caused by passing out from the fentanyl,' Dr. Baden said

LE wnats phone reords. Phone records will tell who called who, and followed by them getting in at least 2 of their cars (2 of which were left there on the street for 2 days) and heading over for something special.

Bbm.
At this time, I think it's important for LE to try to piece together the timeline of the deaths, for the relatives' sakes.
They aren't going to let go of this just yet ... imo.
Not sure if they're thinking about a civil lawsuit ?
I'd imagine by now they aren't thinking foul play, but who brought the deadly drugs if it wasn't one of the three deceased ?
Omo.

If the game started at 3:30 Pacific time in LA, the time it was being broadcast in KS was probably at 5:30 on ESPN. Unless there was a blackout and delay.
I am a former tv sports producer. There was no blackout (especially in KC where the ratings are huge for the live game) and there was no delay. I also read another poster here ask if maybe they watched the game after it was recorded. Heck no. (That poster may have been referring to post-game highlights, which is a heck yes. There would be live network and local shows on for hours after, interviews, etc.) But the game was live and they would have watched every play live.

LE wants phone records. Phone records will tell who called who, and followed by them getting in at least 2 of their cars (2 of which were left there on the street for 2 days) and heading over for something special.

So many inconsistencies in various news stories. For example, this one says the men watched the game at JW's house. It also says the fiancée broke into the house on Monday night, not Tuesday night.

JMO

There was no answer at the door on Monday night, so McGeeney's fiancée broke into the basement of the residence, a police spokesperson tells Inside Edition Digital.

She discovered the first dead body on the back porch, according to the police spokesperson.

Yes. And another thing :) The next playoff game after they died, the one where JW supposedly bought tickets for the group to go to together? It was in Baltimore.

That story was told/repeated by one of their father's, I believe. So, take that with a grain of salt. IMHO if JW had bought them tickets, the father would have also added "and he bought all of them plane tickets and hotels to go to Baltimore for the next game." I highly doubt this. JMHO.
Jan 13th a home game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member