MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s why I keep circling back to the fentanyl poisoning. It would mean that they suddenly fell unconscious and then froze, not the other way around.
MOO-- That's the most logical conclusion. It sure seems like all three became incapacitated quickly, so fast their bodies shut down without a whimper. That's how fentanyl deaths happen-- within minutes.

It's happening all over the country here in the US. It's terrifying with so many doing occasional recreational drugs and losing their lives. Whoever supplied them, with whatever drug they did that was laced with fentanyl, that person I believe will probably face charges for their deaths. Yes, they'll be charged. If they died from something else, I'll be shocked. All MOO

Posting this to support the fact of how much fentanyl is out there.

I think both the survivor and his attorney are desperately trying to play CYA about stuff that isn’t importsnt(drugs)

Someone could potentially lose their career over drugs, depending on the situation, so some might choose CYA. I must admit I admire the home-renter's career.

She committed a crime.

Maybe it's not a crime to break into a house if no one is answering and you can demonstrate reasonable concern for the welfare of someone inside. IMO it should not be a crime.

really I didn't see that info
so they must not have thought they'd be outside for long - thinking a quick cigarette? or a quick joint?

What if it was a laced joint? Such a tragedy if so, but it sounds like fentanyl on marijuana is rare, so I am going to go with that's not what happened. JMO.

Hmmmmm… That is another great point. Bizarre info coming down the pike on this case. Will love to watch this one unfold.

Perhaps he was the person who supplied them with something, to which they all shared - and it had fatal results. If true, he would be panicking and in a state of shock, denial, and fight or flight mode (especially if he poked around the backyard or noticed the coat, cars outside, etc. It’s seemingly tough to fathom all the other possible angles and suspects.
His father said he'd never go outside without putting on his coat. Just such strange and curious circumstances.

Interesting…was this quoted somewhere or inside knowledge? I may have missed it.

Definitely agree his actions are not one of someone who allegedly “drugged” his close friends, but this fact about cements that for me. That’s a lot of money to spend on friends if you were supposedly planning to poison them, as the family has claimed. I already stated I believe this is sadly a case of laced drug usage. The fentanyl crisis in the U.S. right now is very real. I personally know multiple people who have had loved ones (all young adults below the age of 25) pass away in in the past year— all from fentanyl-laced cocaine during a “night out.” It’s scary stuff.

The biggest mystery to me here is how J.W. spent so much time unaware of what occurred. However, I do believe it may not have necessarily been malicious. Hopefully, the truth is revealed soon via toxicology and the authorities can get to the bottom of everything.

MOO.
Happy to respond :)

re my statement: Agree. And buy 4 tickets to next week's Chiefs game at around $1,000 per seat, for all of them, including him, to go to.

My source: DailyMail.com
By CLAUDIA AORAHA, SENIOR REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 20:39 EST, 24 January 2024 | UPDATED: 22:39 EST, 24 January 2024

'He has nothing to hide. He went to the police station and spoke with officers without a lawyer present, he allowed them to search his home... these were his friends.

'He'd bought tickets for them all to go to the next Chiefs game - he didn't want any harm to come to any of them. There was no ill will,' attorney John Picerno told DailyMail.com.

Me: I added the going ticket prices for a Chiefs playoff game last week:

Quoting from Yahoo:
Tickets for the AFC Championship Game are not similarly priced to those of the NFC Championship Game. In fact, it is a lot more expensive to watch the Chiefs and Ravens play than it is to see the Lions and 49ers in person.

The cheapest tickets available on Vivid Seats are $539, nearly $100 more expensive than the cheapest tickets for the Lions and 49ers game. For seats in the top level, it will likely cost you around $650 to get in, but upper-level tickets are going for as high as $900. That is where prices start to sit on the lower level, but you will likely have to pay between $1,000-2,000 to sit closer to the field.

and quoting from Forbes:
Fans looking to sit closer to the field can expect ticket prices in the tens of thousands of dollars, with lower-level midfield seats going for as much as $25,000 for the AFC Championship, and $30,000 for the NFC Championship, according to TicketiQ.

Me: Yes, I agree. Not the actions of someone planning to do harm to his 3 buddies.

This is not verbatim, just doing my best, so please bear with me.

———
01/24/24 News Nation: Cuomo

Ricky Johnson’s dad was on, and he believes they were drugged. Very sad to watch.

Attorney Piscerno: there are a lot of inaccuracies .
That they watched the football game at the fifth individual’s house (mystery man)…. Then went to JW’s house afterwards.
And that’s why he wanted to come on to square some of the loose ends up .
They went over there to hang out. JW had only known the fifth individual for two or three years, though he was already an acquaintance of one of the other guys.
That fifth person leaves around midnight. The other three stay for a while, an hour to two hours , but JW doesn’t know for sure.
JW is tired and wants to go to sleep, and the three are making their way out the front door, and that’s the last time that JW sees them.
Piscerno won’t comment on drugs.

Cuomo: Families were trying to reach his client and they couldn’t get him, so His client was ducking them essentially.
Piscerno: these guys were tight, they watched the Chiefs game together every week. JW has lost three close friends and is devastated.
No evidence bodies were dragged.
Cuomo: Very troubling questions , but This situation just doesn’t make sense.

Bringing in former FBI agent Jennifer Coffindaffer .

Continued…..

Cuomo: As a former prosecutor… as you know , With these situations something that seems strange is strange… so, Taking the attorney as a matter of fact, authorities are not investigating as a homicide. What do you see ?

JC: I think they are investigating and already have the preliminary autopsy results. They should have looked at that crime scene when you have three individuals deceased.
LE should have interviewed everyone, and already have looked at his phones for the messages, as they aren’t getting to this scene until two days later.
There are inconsistent statements from attorney. He said they went to bars to watch the game (?) now he’s saying they went to the fifth persons house to watch it. There are inconsistencies that are extremely relevant here, and it doesn’t pass the smell test.
Cuomo: This is very mysterious…. What are the potential problems for the homeowner (host)
JC: don’t think anything here was purposeful, but was he neglectful in not getting them help , rendering aid , calling 911 .
Did he know they were in the back yard? We know the coat, the personal items were in the house. We know the cars were out front. None of that makes sense that he would not notice that for two days.
That is his possible criminal exposure. Also, who provided the drugs if there ends up being drugs. Something… hallucinogenics where they didn’t even realize they were cold. Or was it a Fentanyl situation.

Chris Cuomo said he will stay on the case.

ETA: Adding link to Cuomo interviews.

The homeowner is changing his story. Inconsistent about where they watched the game. That’s not good.

No, you definitely didn’t miss it because law enforcement never said anything about it —to be honest, they simply repeatedly stressed that there was no evidence of foul play and that they were not investigating this as a homicide. So we’re just speculating.

Now you may ask in light of the above, why anyone would be speculating.

I think it’s because there’s a hunch, a strong intuition that police were a little too quick in their dismissal of homicide. They’re allowed to lie and in fact may be doing so. Time will tell all.
But why would they lie when they can easily just state that they're still investigating, like most cases?

While a full tox test will takes weeks to complete, there is a fast test for opioids and fentanyl. The police likely already know if this class of drugs was involved. For all we know, the surviving friend may have told them what drugs were involved. LE is behaving as if they have information that this is not a homicide.

In any case, the surviving friend isn’t going anywhere that police can’t find him. If the data changes they can arrest him.

I'm not saying it's foul play or it's not. But what's the point of most foul play we read about online? It's always senseless. MOO
Senseless, maybe. But there's usually a motive. At least when talking about murders between people who are known to one another.

Often there's money at stake, or child custody issues, or an abusive relationship, or the killing is to cover up another crime, and so on. Very rarely you'll hear about someone killing a person he knows as a thrill, but invariably those are teenagers not professional men in their late 30s.

Last edited:
And don't forget about one of the men's coat being left inside the house. He just didn't notice that either?
I guess it depends on where exactly the coat was left. If it was hanging in a coat closet, it would be easy to miss. Conversely, if JW's home is extremely messy it might also not stand out among the chaos.

But if the house was neatly kept and the coat was just lying on a piece of furniture out in the open, then yeah, that's suspicious.

Last edited:
While a full tox test will takes weeks to complete, there is a fast test for opioids and fentanyl. The police likely already know if this class of drugs was involved. For all we know, the surviving friend may have told them what drugs were involved. LE is behaving as if they have information that this is not a homicide.

In any case, the surviving friend isn’t going anywhere that police can’t find him. If the data changes they can arrest him.

Not to mention, if drugs are a factor, the police may have found some leftover at the scene (in one of the guys’ pocket for example.) A quick test of that could tell them immediately if it was contaminated with fentanyl.

Thought this was interesting, it could affect many investigations, some simular to this one possibly.

Amazon owned Ring will no longer allow police departments to request doorbell videos from users. It's ending it's request for assistance tool through it's company's Neighbors App.

Police can still make public posts in the App and access videos by search warrants. Change comes this week.

What if Jordan Willis is also a victim? Him not being available for days, and his actions could link up with him being exposed to the same problem. Depending on body weights not all three would have died at the same exact time, if the ingested lethal dose of drugs theory is at play. That would of left the heavier one with the ability to call someone for help. Same with exposure to cold, not all three would of died at the same time. So what does that leave? It left Jordan Willis in his boxers with a wine glass. Why is he holding an empty wine glass? Did they share a bottle of wine? Who gave them the wine? I am not jumping on the Jordan Willis did it ban wagon. Too many pieces of the puzzle not yet seen.

Last edited:
1st that Ive seen of these shirts. Hope the families will get answers to all their questions soon. moo

@KCTV5
The attorney of the man who lived in the home where three dead bodies were found is sharing their side of the story after backlash on social media.

View attachment 477394

“Then in the early morning hours, around 2 a.m., he believes, he got sleepy and said, I’m going to crash on the couch,” Picerno said. “He said goodbye to his buddies, and he thought that they left out the front door.”

Picerno said the fifth man, who has not been identified by police, left about an hour before Willis went to the couch.

Has there been any new info regarding the mysterious 5th person, I feel they could give much insight to the timeline

I haven't commented on this case but have been peripherally following. The above is what puzzles me most. and in addition to those have the following to add to the hmm factor.

Normal, healthy, sober people do not spent two days asleep on their couch as the host's attorney seems to have indicated in several articles I read IMO and IME. Was there some sort of magic mushroom adventure going on that night? The host's attorney says he hasn't been able to go to his job since the backlash began, implying there is a job. Was he scheduled to work during the two days he was allegedly sleeping on his couch? Did he call off sick?

This case is just thoroughly bizarre to me for many reasons.
At what point does disclosure about drug use occur? do they wait until toxicology reports to see if it had any part in the deaths? Are the police allowed to issue drug tests on Willis to see if it explains the being asleep for 2 days on a couch?

(Quote snipped by me)
Did the police arrive with sirens and lights going? It wouldn't surprise me if they did. JW might not have heard someone calling out if he had headphones on, but seeing flashing lights directly outside in the street, especially at night, does tend to draw attention.
Did the police arrive because the fiancé called with her findings? Do we know why they came

The question re their dying inside but being moved outside, would be why law enforcement was unable to determine this. Or were they?
Believable though because I just read a case where a girl died of fentanyl poisoning at a party. Her mother found her dead in her bed in the morning— but it turned out that to deflect criminal culpability, party goers had moved her dead body from the party house to the bedroom of her own home.
I have also been wondering about this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member