MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And I think the main reason this is plausible is because we live in an era where people are conscious of how much criminal liability there is for sharing drugs with people, having people overdose in your residence, etc.
Yes, I think the fear of someone overdosing in your residence is quite high, people panic

That's a risky thing to assume these days. Our first approach to unwanted people at the front door is to lay low and see what they do next (it rarely happens). Only ONE time did someone try the door (long story but revealed risk to us).

In this case, I think the girlfriend likely had digital evidence of the last pings of the phone of her boyfriend (JMO; no source; using common sense and common practice). I suppose she ought to have called police at that point - but would they have come? We all know circumstances in which unless there's proof of criminality, police don't come. I don't know what I would have done in her situation. Indeed, I would be likely to try one of those two gates on either side of the house - but the outcome would have been the same.

I think she really believed her guy was at that house and had a digital trail. She then thinks that JW is ignoring FB messages and it goes from there. A modern tale of tragedy. If I thought my friend's phone was still on his person (which it probably was) and it went dead in or around someone's house, for sure I'd be agitated.

IMO.
She may have known he was there via location sharing, hence the adamance to enter the house when no one answered the door.

JMHO but everybody in their 30's and 40's is on the internet, knows what a wellness check is, especially if your fiance likes to drink a lot during football games and sometimes goes over to friend's houses to party. And after 2 days of disappearing when he's supposed to be at work. I agree with the poster who hypothesized she had an inkling something was wrong and did not want to call the cops, who would for sure have entered after 2 days of missing work and a car in the driveway, and numerous attempts by family memebers to reach the renter by text and IM's. JMO.
Tbh this makes sense, I would just go over to the friends house as well just to see what was going on, especially if I knew the friend

This is not verbatim, just doing my best, so please bear with me.

———
01/24/24 News Nation: Cuomo

Ricky Johnson’s dad was on, and he believes they were drugged. Very sad to watch.

Attorney Piscerno: there are a lot of inaccuracies .
That they watched the football game at the fifth individual’s house (mystery man)…. Then went to JW’s house afterwards.
And that’s why he wanted to come on to square some of the loose ends up .
They went over there to hang out. JW had only known the fifth individual for two or three years, though he was already an acquaintance of one of the other guys.
That fifth person leaves around midnight. The other three stay for a while, an hour to two hours , but JW doesn’t know for sure.
JW is tired and wants to go to sleep, and the three are making their way out the front door, and that’s the last time that JW sees them.
Piscerno won’t comment on drugs.

Cuomo: Families were trying to reach his client and they couldn’t get him, so His client was ducking them essentially.
Piscerno: these guys were tight, they watched the Chiefs game together every week. JW has lost three close friends and is devastated.
No evidence bodies were dragged.
Cuomo: Very troubling questions , but This situation just doesn’t make sense.

Bringing in former FBI agent Jennifer Coffindaffer .

Continued…..

Cuomo: As a former prosecutor… as you know , With these situations something that seems strange is strange… so, Taking the attorney as a matter of fact, authorities are not investigating as a homicide. What do you see ?

JC: I think they are investigating and already have the preliminary autopsy results. They should have looked at that crime scene when you have three individuals deceased.
LE should have interviewed everyone, and already have looked at his phones for the messages, as they aren’t getting to this scene until two days later.
There are inconsistent statements from attorney. He said they went to bars to watch the game (?) now he’s saying they went to the fifth persons house to watch it. There are inconsistencies that are extremely relevant here, and it doesn’t pass the smell test.
Cuomo: This is very mysterious…. What are the potential problems for the homeowner (host)
JC: don’t think anything here was purposeful, but was he neglectful in not getting them help , rendering aid , calling 911 .
Did he know they were in the back yard? We know the coat, the personal items were in the house. We know the cars were out front. None of that makes sense that he would not notice that for two days.
That is his possible criminal exposure. Also, who provided the drugs if there ends up being drugs. Something… hallucinogenics where they didn’t even realize they were cold. Or was it a Fentanyl situation.

Chris Cuomo said he will stay on the case.

ETA: Adding link to Cuomo interviews.

Has it been confirmed somewhere there personal items were still left inside the house?

Do police not have access to check phone records? Would that not occur unless they were suspicious of foul play?
Well I'm thinking all the family, friends and possibly the 5th guy would have no problem showing investigators their phones showing the texts/calls made to the home owner's phone. JMO

But why would they lie when they can easily just state that they're still investigating, like most cases?
They have done this in the past with other cases. I mean law enforcement in general. Sometimes to prevent a suspect from fleeing the area when they don’t yet have enough to detain them.

Last edited:
I will say, if it was me and someone i was close to, i would have called the police very early Monday morning (probably before dawn). If it was close by, i might drive over there first, but if no one answered... I don't think i would break in, but I might wait until whomever failed to get to work to call the police.

I don't know anything about these guys, but the main reason people sometimes hesitate to call the police is outstanding warrants because that will be an automatic arrest (i think , i could be mistaken) even if the person isn't doing anything wrong. I have no idea if that is even a factor in this case.

Eta: i posed the question to someone else and he said he would call the cops and he wouldn't wait until Tuesday. He said being arrested is better than being dead.
I agree.
Three families and NO ONE reported them missing, for two days. Is this normal behavior for the three? Fiance FB messenger, and then a fiance decides to break in... ODD, not normal behavior.

I'm retired, spend most of my time in "the back" of my home, in the winter. It's a kitchen, den, sunroom. I may go days and not go into my living room or the front of the house. Anyone visiting comes to the side sunroom door. I do not believe he was aware his friends were in the back.

He's a highly intelligent individual, owns his own business and has a lot to lose. I think, had he know three of his friends were dead in the back yard, he would of immediately call an attorney, and 911. You just can't hide, cover up three dead bodies.

I do think the family have a suspicion to COD, but want details.
AMHO
Edited to add Missing Person/NO waiting period law

Changing the story again? Am I reading this correctly...the 3 deaceased, the 5th man AND now two additional people were there!?

“At some point, he got tired and went to sleep while there were these guys in the home, and as I know now there was a couple of other people in the home,” Willis' lawyer, John Picerno, previously told Inside Edition Digital"

Changing the story again? Am I reading this correctly...the 3 deaceased, the 5th man AND now two additional people were there!?

“At some point, he got tired and went to sleep while there were these guys in the home, and as I know now there was a couple of other people in the home,” Willis' lawyer, John Picerno, previously told Inside Edition Digital"

So he also has retained noted criminal defense attorney Andrew Talge, and the discrepancy is a large one.

Mystery Deepens as 5th Man Who Says He Saw 3 KC Men at House Where They Died Hires Criminal Defense Lawyer​

An attorney for this fifth man alleged that his client texted Jordan Willis, the renter of the home, before the bodies of the three men were found, hoping to get information on their whereabouts, as did family members of the men.

……When pressed further on the details of the evening however, the man directed the outlet to speak with his lawyer, Andrew Talge, who, like Picerno, is a noted criminal defense attorney.

I agree.
Three families and NO ONE reported them missing, for two days. Is this normal behavior for the three? Fiance FB messenger, and then a fiance decides to break in... ODD, not normal behavior.

I'm retired, spend most of my time in "the back" of my home, in the winter. It's a kitchen, den, sunroom. I may go days and not go into my living room or the front of the house. Anyone visiting comes to the side sunroom door. I do not believe he was aware his friends were in the back.

He's a highly intelligent individual, owns his own business and has a lot to lose. I think, had he know three of his friends were dead in the back yard, he would of immediately call an attorney, and 911. You just can't hide, cover up three dead bodies.

I do think the family have a suspicion to COD, but want details.
AMHO
Edited to add Missing Person/NO waiting period law
It is odd after a day of worrying, texting, calling police weren't called and asked to do a welfare check. I've got to believe some family or friend did a drive by after even 12 hours of no communication, I would have. I'd be thinking carbon monoxide, it's a cold Winter and heat is on. JMO

Mystery Deepens as 5th Man Who Says He Saw 3 KC Men at House Where They Died Hires Criminal Defense Lawyer​

An attorney for this fifth man alleged that his client texted Jordan Willis, the renter of the home, before the bodies of the three men were found, hoping to get information on their whereabouts, as did family members of the men.

Is the lawyer now saying there were 6 people in the house when his client went to sleep?

That I’m not sure of. Did you read or hear that he said there was?
Yes I just posted it in and artcle has he saying...

"At some point, he got tired and went to sleep while there were these guys in the home, and as I know now there was a couple of other people in the home,” Willis' lawyer, John Picerno, previously told Inside Edition Digital"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RABay1735