MO - Furious Friends Demand Answers After 3 Men Found Dead at Kansas City Home Days After Watching Football Game, January 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this is allowed to share so please delete if not. I found a post on facebook with a tagged photo from the day of the football game that has the victims tagged in it, accessible through their fb pages. There are several other people in the photo - a large group of guys. I was under the on impression it was just the four guys at the house, but I guess that was not stated anywhere.

Clayton's FB: Clayton McGeeney
gone now :(

The Chiefs / Chargers game was in LA on January 7. It started at 3:25 pm CT (Kansas City time) and ended approximately 3 hours later at 6:25 pm CT.
FWIW, Buffalo (then 10-6) and Miami (then 11-5) played that evening (7:20 CST) in Miami. Bills 21, Dolphins 14. They could've stayed to watch that, BUF-MIA are famous divisional rivals as well.
2023 Buffalo Bills season - Wikipedia

Crime Scene? Further Investigation?
Per below,* no ToD & no CoD. Okay, too soon.

ONE. Is it a "CRIME SCENE?"*
Possible, even likely or probable, but
like another poster (sorry, forgot who, but TY) said, could be deaths by misadventure.
Who said "crime scene?" LE? Reporter? Friend?
Esp'ly since article says "no obvious signs of foul play "observed at or near the crime scene..."
Okay, letting that go, and onto ....

TWO. What FURTHER INVESTIGATION, there?
Arriving at scene, LE saw dead body & upon Fur-Inv then located two more in backyard.

If this zillow** is the right prop it's ~ 1/4 acre or 11,000 sq. ft. Per my unscientific guess, lot is something like ~ 70 ft. street frontage by 150 ft. deep, so front yard takes up about half of that area & house takes up more, so the backyard by my guess, is maybe 4200 - 4500 sq. ft. that LEOs would have to search. A smallish area, imo, for "further investigation." Okay, LE located bodies.

Now, my Q:
Were the two bodies OUT IN THE OPEN & easily visible to LE or casual onlookers in the yard?
Or were they HIDDEN under a tarp, lawn furniture, deck/patio box, or other object? If so, did they crawl there to seek shelter from weather, OR did a perp move the impaired or dead guests underneath in an attempt to hide possible crimes?

IDK, just running thru some possibilities.

"There were no obvious signs of foul play "observed at or near the crime scene," according to police." (sbm)
Jan 16 3 men found dead outside Kansas City home after reportedly gathering to watch football game
** 5208 NW 83rd Ter, Kansas City, MO 64151 | Zillow

Last edited:
I don't understand when LE says there's no indication of foul play. (Yet.) Three men are dead in two locations at one house. They had been missing for days. Did the homeowner never look in his backyard? Even if it's not something obvious like gunshot wounds, something is still not right.

MOO.
And let's say you're very tipsy and if you're locked out and freezing to death (what the news last night was saying police were describing what had occured) do you not stumble over to a neighbor's house, rap on the door and ask them to call someone? We're there car(s) the three came to the house in parked outside, no keys? Did none of the three deceased have phones on them? That resident of the house has some explaining to do! AJMO

"The mother of David Harrington...told Fox 4 that the person living in the home allegedly told police that his friends froze to death."
RSBM

Yes, you'd need a lot of allegedly's to cover that one.

Police show up: Sir, are you aware there are 3 bodies on your property? Occupant: they froze to death.

I'm not buying it. Occupant may have said that to someone, but to police?

JMO

The Host. Homeowner? Tenant?
....And looks like the house was sold to LLC in 2021 and is 1 whole house. So probably being rented to someone (guy they call the homeowner in the articles).
snipped for focus @Lamima Thanks for your post.
The host's status is not perfectly clear to me.

I've seen MSM ref's to "resident."
MSM on Jan 15* is similarly non-specific:
"The person living at the home has not been charged with a crime."

Any possibility prop is being rented as airb&b or vrbo? IDK.

I don't understand when LE says there's no indication of foul play. (Yet.) Three men are dead in two locations at one house. They had been missing for days. Did the homeowner never look in his backyard? Even if it's not something obvious like gunshot wounds, something is still not right.

MOO.
They said "No obvious signs of foul play" - police-speak for no blood, bullet holes, drag marks, etc.

JMO

The Host. Homeowner? Tenant?
snipped for focus @Lamima Thanks for your post.
The host's status is not perfectly clear to me.

I've seen MSM ref's to "resident."
MSM on Jan 15* is similarly non-specific:
"The person living at the home has not been charged with a crime."

Any possibility prop is being rented as airb&b or vrbo? IDK.

That address is listed on an apartment site as having 4 bedrooms to rent. The inside of house is very spacious and new. It's beautiful new kitchen and bathrooms. The back yard is quite large and barren with really no trees or sheds, a little patio area by the house. Lots of windows on all floors overlooking the yard, no way you wouldn't see bodies laying there. JMO

Some people simply will not take a call from an unknown number and are loathe to even check a voicemail from a number. I’ve learned this when notifying of a death. Even repeated calls go unanswered. It may be several days later that I get a return call (well, typically a return text) apologizing and sometimes mentioning that the person assumed I was a scammer/spammer. I’m not saying this is exemplary or even average behavior - but it is not uncommon.

o
Just for the record, repeated calls from an unknown number usually are a scammer. They use that tactic specifically to get people to think it's someone like you calling with an emergency or urgent news and get scared and pick up against their better judgment. It's extremely scummy of them to do that because people wise up and then are afraid to answer legitimate emergency calls--but then again being a scammer is pretty scummy in the first place so no surprise there.

That said I don't think that's what was going on here. Repeated phone calls from several consistent numbers, plus voicemails, plus it seems likely that if these people all had his number he probably had some of theirs too so they would have come up with a name on his caller ID, plus texts, plus weren't the dead guys' phones also ringing in the backyard as family and friends tried to find them?

This is all hinky as hell.

Allegedly? Did Resident Tell LE or His Family?
@10ofRods posted, in part, from Inside Edition:
"The mother of David Harrington...told Fox 4 that the person living in the home allegedly told police that his friends froze to death."

....RSBM Yes, you'd need a lot of allegedly's to cover that one.
Police show up: Sir, are you aware there are 3 bodies on your property? Occupant: they froze to death.
I'm not buying it. Occupant may have said that to someone, but to police?
JMO
@Cedars Thx for your post. Yep, I'm not buying it either.

But when Inside Ed. "borrowed"(?) info from Fox4, did IE make a booboo? Per Fox4* Jan 12 story w Jan 15 update, the man who answered door for LE later TOLD HIS FAMILY that friends froze to death.

Nothing about man telling LE about frozen CoD.

I believe the IE article says the info comes from two women who say they could see, on FB (as one can) who has looked at their posts. So I think it was FB-based.

And I agree - there's a lot going on here and there are three grieving and outraged families.
On an iPhone you can see if a text has been read If iMessages is turned on.

Views of Bodies or Vehicles from House? SHED?
That address is listed on an apartment site as having 4 bedrooms to rent. The inside of house is very spacious and new. It's beautiful new kitchen and bathrooms. The back yard is quite large and barren with really no trees or sheds, a little patio area by the house. Lots of windows on all floors overlooking the yard, no way you wouldn't see bodies laying there. JMO
@sunshineray Looks like interior was zhooshed up before rental listing, if you mean this.
https://www.apartments.com/5208-nw-83rd-ter-kansas-city-mo/h1qf8m2/
Good catch. TY, enlightening to see pix* w lots of windows overlooking backyard. Pix show SHED in backyard (listing itself also mentioned “Small rubbermaid shed in backyard.”) and a couple big old trees, likely leafless now too. Were bodies found in shed or behind it? IDK.

For anyone inside to SEE BODIES? Could see part/most of backyard itself, maybe not all imo.
If bodies were close to back of house itself, someone inside may not have seen them, imo.
Ditto if behind shed.

For anyone inside house SEE VEHICLES guests parked in driveway? Based on the last pic on apartments.com, seems if vehicles were parked close to garage doors, I can’t tell if someone in second story windows would likely see vehicles.

FWIW, resident may have moved in during past summer, as hotpads.com states: "This pad was taken off the market on 07/12/23."

Very strange circumstances.

Possible CoD? Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?

Is it possible that one or all three men entered the shed (shown in backyard, on rental listing pix) to get out out the weather and used an appliance such as a propane heater to keep warm? Or other source, e.g., wood-burning stoves, internal combustion vehicle exhaust, electrical generator?

And died of carbon monoxide poisoning?

Depending on concentration of carbon monoxide, death can occur w'in a few minutes or a few hours.

"Symptoms are often described as "flu-like" and commonly include headache, dizziness, weakness, vomiting, chest pain, and confusion. Large exposures can result in loss of consciousness, arrhythmias, seizures, or death."*

Just spitballing, nothing specific to support this possibility.
- "Headache, dizziness and nausea in five to ten minutes. Death within 30 minutes."
-"Headache and dizziness in one to two minutes. Convulsions, respiratory arrest, and death in less than 20 minutes."
- "Unconsciousness after 2–3 breaths. Death in less than three minutes."

Where were Guests' Vehicles Parked?
They may have parked on the street. And there does appear to be a gate on the left side where we can see the worn tracked path in the snow. So maybe they were coming and going from that backyard that night.
@Lamima Thanks for your post. Yes, maybe guests parked on street & they may have created tracks in snow on the left-ish side of yard or house.

That part of the the wooden fence which parallels the street is set back and has a pedestrian sized gate.

Did guests go thru that left gate to enter house at back door? Or just wear a path from street-parked vehicles to front door? IDK

When standing on street & looking at house, we see driveway on right side w two garage doors on short end of house. The wooden fence separating driveway from backyard has a vehicle-sized double gate which opens to the backyard (even tho it seems if double gate was opened a car imo could not not be driven thru, as it appears car would hit the tree before clearing fence. ICBWrong).See last pic in series.

Last edited:
I don't think this is weather related. I live in Canada and we just went thru a week of -45 celsius with the windshield and people were still outside doing their jobs. You will have painful frost bite before you die. IMO
I live in Canada too, and it's very possible to die of hypothermia, even if the temperatures are fairly normal. Dying of exposure to the elements can occur when someone isn't dressed properly for the weather and are outside for extended periods of time or when they are incapacitated somehow. You could die of hypothermia if the temperature is in the low 50s, especially if you are wet. The extreme examples of hypothermia where paradoxical undressing occurs usually happens when temperatures are low enough (especially with wind chill factors) that the extremities cool quickly so the body tries to direct blood flow to the body core to survive which in turns makes the victim feel warm with impaired mental cognitiveness so they start to undress.

Link:Dr. Jeff Hersh: The cold, hard facts about hypothermia

There are many situations where inebriated individuals leave bars and residences and end up dying of hypothermia because high alcohol intake also affects the vascular system so their impairment makes for poor coordination and decision making abilities.

There are two huge trees in the back yard as well as rows of ornamental grasses across the back fence. It's almost impossible to see anything from an aerial view because of the trees. The house next door has a very bare back yard.

That's a pretty big house for one guy. There's four bedrooms. I'm still not sure whether the person who lives there is a renter or an owner. If he is the renter, he's paying a premium, rent-wise, for being the only resident. I've heard of renters who turn the home into an informal bar/club charging a fee or an AirBnB renting it out to people for exorbitant rates. I suppose an owner could do that on the sly, too, especially if the zoning wouldn't allow someone to turn their home into a commercial venture or there are limitations as to how often you can sublet. Are we sure that the three deceased and the tenant/owner were the only individuals at the home on Sunday, January 7th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member