MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, including thieves. We have penalties for stealing and they are not death.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Come on......you know MB didn't suffer a penalty of death for stealing (or for jaywalking for that matter).

Seriously.

Yes, including thieves. We have penalties for stealing and they are not death.

If people really want peace, how about not engaging in criminal behavior?
How about some personal responsibility for being a decent human being and citizen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very, very sad that we can't even have an ideal of rehabbing criminals anymore.

Recidivism rates are sky high.....

Come on......you know MB didn't suffer a penalty of death for stealing (or for jaywalking for that matter).

Seriously.

The other poster was suggesting that the morality of shooting an unarmed man should be different if the unarmed man is a thief. I disagree.

MB may not have had a gun (we don't know that for certain.. I don't believe he did, but who knows?) But, he was anything but unarmed.

FBI keeps stats on murders. There are an average 800 murders a year by "personal weapon" (hands, arms, feet, + pushing)

The other poster was suggesting that the morality of shooting an unarmed man should be different if the unarmed man is a thief. I disagree.

The officer didn't know he was unarmed.

Nobody is going to consider the shooter's own story to be unbiased evidence. Enough said on this.

Show me one unbiased witness...
I challenge you to find witnesses, that have commented in the media, that even corroborate each other's accounts....or their own when they retell it a second or third time.

You'll be hard pressed to find a more credible witness than Wilson.

My personal favorite..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qo14KOcQxw

Sent from my iPhone

Thank you all for the warm Welcome. :)

Sorry for the delayed response. Real life got in the way.

See you tomorrow!

Very, very sad that we can't even have an ideal of rehabbing criminals anymore.

It is sad, because rehabilitation in jail is almost nil. When one goes to jail they learn more tricks of the trade. Survival in jail is weighted heavily on the pack mentality. People become more vicious, cold and angry the longer they are in jail. Yes there are remarkable rehabilitation stories, I know of one personally; but they are few and far between. Let's not kid ourselves jail is not a rehabilitation center more like the opposite. That is why you have "lifers" people who can not function outside the jailhouse system.

Because the system doesn't make any real attempt to rehabilitate offenders.

Oh.... Always the "systems" fault.

What felony was he committing AT THE MOMENT HE WAS SHOT TO DEATH? Proven, not speculation, please.

I'm sorry. I must have missed the link you posted that states the only time a police officer can shoot is when a person is caught committing a felony- only at that exact moment. Can you please repost that for me? TIA!

I'm sorry. I must have missed the link you posted that states the only time a police officer can shoot is when a person is caught committing a felony- only at that exact moment. Can you please repost that for me? TIA!

You said MB was killed in the act of committing a felony. Which one?

You said MB was killed in the act of committing a felony. Which one?

Links have been repeatedly provided.
No one can force another person to read them or integrate the laws and protocols into another persons knowledge base.

And it seems to me if his arms were raised in the surrender position, he would end up face down with arms extended and not at his side.
IRRC someone pointed out his hands were underneath him.

Because the system doesn't make any real attempt to rehabilitate offenders.

You don't think prevention of criminal behavior in the first place starts with teaching respect for yourself, law and authority?

That's what seems to be missing.

IMO

I honestly can't see why a suspect falling upon being shot repeatedly would be threatening to a trained police officer who was shooting him. More like expected cause and effect.
bbm
"210 feet / 70 yards - 14 seconds - potential distance average man can travel and function after receiving fatal wounds from officers pistol."

"Even if the officer fires two shots and gets good hits with both of them, the bad guy may have enough oxygen and adrenaline in his system to keep moving, in complete control of his motions, for another six to fourteen seconds!". bbm sbm
http://www.usadojo.com/articles/21-feet.htm

Seems a falling suspect w GSWs can still present a threat to LEO.

Anyone have further info/sources on this, other than feelings or TV shows?

Links have been repeatedly provided.
No one can force another person to read them or integrate the laws and protocols into another persons knowledge base.

What PROVEN felony was he committing at the time he was shot to death? Not interested in speculation. How do you know what I have and have not read? I can read something that is an opinion and not accept it as the truth. I reserve that right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member