MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuing to deflect. :gaah:

there is a complete refusal to accept that the altercation at the car, and the shooting aren't 2 separate things.…act A led to consquence B….

i'm not going to criticize anything about the parents….they lost their son. the only advice i would give to them is stop doing interviews. its not going to help you heal.

one of the hardest things when you loose someone you love, is the aftermath, all the commotion of an illness, or sudden death, and the funeral, and seeing people, etc., etc. the hardest part is when that all ends, and the day to day has to start again.

the longer they let themselves stay caught up in this circus, and allow the vultures to play on their anger and emotions, the longer its going to take to have an open heart to reflect on their son, his life and to begin the process of healing.

Oh my word. I don't know why I keep torturing myself by flipping the channel over to CNN. I don't know the guy's name, but some dude was on being interviewed by Don Lemon comparing Ferguson to South Africa - complaining that there were police in FATIGUES with guns and tear gas at the protester rallies. You have got to be forking kidding me! People were rioting, businesses were being robbed and burned to the ground, people were shooting at each other. What does this guy expect? Does he just want the police to roll up in there all polite and ask nicely for the protesters to calm down, behave and act civilized? Good Grief!

I'm so sad for my daughter, a 9 year old African American girl. These agitators are only making race relations go back rather than forward. I fear for her as she makes her way through this world. :sick:

I truly believe that these agitators are the exception and not the rule. I have faith that the average American sees them for what they are and will not alter their perspective based on the hate being spewed.

I guess he can file a suit like anyone else accused of a crime who is found to be innocent. But he has yet to be found innocent, and he would have to prove that libel/slander were present as opposed to MSM reporting the small amount of info available.

snip

BBM He has yet to be charged!

So was it a test? We didn't get the right answer? What's your point? I saw approximately 10 different responses to your question with everything from freezing with your hands in the air, to getting down on your knees, to laying down on the ground, etc...but basically, the answers were "obey the commands of the officer." It is apparent that MB did NOT obey the commands of the officer, which is what apparently got him shot.

Now...walking backwards with hands in the air? Hmmmm.....not so sure that's a great idea either....might be construed as getting away, or getting a better chance at getting away. When an officer (particularly one you just assaulted) tells you to freeze, that is exactly what you do. You freeze and then you await the next command and follow it. THAT is what will keep you from getting shot. You can sort out the rest later, i.e. was the officer being overly mean to you.

IMO

I was responding to a poster that said it was a good shoot if MB was charging OW but if he was just walking towards him OW should have used other means. Sorry to rile you up.

I'm confused, how would that tell you where OW was in relation to all this. I'm thinking that OW wasn't waiting for MB to come to him as in, "come at me bro". We don't know if OW was running after MB and DJ or where each stopped. And, why wouldn't an officer being attacked be considered a felony and shot not be justified?

Well, I'm confused with your reply to my post. I never said anything about knowing where OW was.

I think that someone attacking an officer is committing a felony and the officer would be within his rights in using deadly force to stop such an attack. JMO.

Oh my word. I don't know why I keep torturing myself by flipping the channel over to CNN. I don't know the guy's name, but some dude was on being interviewed by Don Lemon comparing Ferguson to South Africa - complaining that there were police in FATIGUES with guns and tear gas at the protester rallies. You have got to be forking kidding me! People were rioting, businesses were being robbed and burned to the ground, people were shooting at each other. What does this guy expect? Does he just want the police to roll up in there all polite and ask nicely for the protesters to calm down, behave and act civilized? Good Grief!

In SA, many people said the fault was at the feet of the black people, who did not respect the police state and black curfews. So yeah, I can see the parallel.

Same things being said here. But I think all humans are given the right to question a system which disrespects their human rights.

At least in theory. :(

ETA: by "here" I meant in this country, not your post

Nope, only thing new I haven't shared is that Daryl Parks picked up a new eyewitness today at the funeral. He said it on CNN this evening--no links out yet.

Any links on this yet?

I truly believe that these agitators are the exception and not the rule. I have faith that the average American sees them for what they are and will not alter their perspective based on the hate being spewed.

You have more faith in the human race than I do. Sometimes I find myself feeling hateful and have to back off because I know everyone is not like that. But, I have the ability to pull back and think, to look at all sides. Some don't, they only act on emotion.

:cow:

BBM He has yet to be charged!

Yep. And he has yet to to be cleared. Case is being investigated. Which is why I will WAIT to throw stones. Very little EVIDENCE has been released. "Fools rush in where angels fear to tread".

I believe it was the prosecutor that said if there was no indictment he would make public all the info he presented to the GJ.

Well, I'm confused with your reply to my post. I never said anything about knowing where OW was.

I think that someone attacking an officer is committing a felony and the officer would be within his rights in using deadly force to stop such an attack. JMO.

During an attack, for sure. Even after an attack (which would be classified as a felony) an officer would presumably have a right to shoot a fleeing felon if that felon is dangerous.

Sorry to be so confusing. You had quoted Phoebeb about being interested in the location between OW's car and MB's body. I couldn't figure out why that info would be one we all need to know by measurement. If OW was sitting in his car and fired all those shots, then yes, it would make a huge difference. If OW was outside his car/SUV and advanced towards MB and DJ then what would that tell you?

I'm assuming you believe that OW had no right to shoot MB after committing a felony and leaving the scene. That LE can only shoot while being attacked.
If so, the law disagrees with you.

CNN just played audio of the gun shots... a man that was on a video chat at the time. Sounded like 10 shots maybe.

BREAKING ON CNN:

A SOUND recording of the shooting is being played!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98