MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so sad for my daughter, a 9 year old African American girl. These agitators are only making race relations go back rather than forward. I fear for her as she makes her way through this world. :sick:

What agitators?????

In SA, many people said the fault was at the feet of the black people, who did not respect the police state and black curfews. So yeah, I can see the parallel.

Same things being said here. But I think all humans are given the right to question a system which disrespects their human rights.

At least in theory. :(

ETA: by "here" I meant in this country, not your post

I don't really think you can equate present day life in Ferguson with the Apartheid past of South Africa. And doing so only makes things worse, in trying to form a consensus, imo.

Juvie record are sealed while adult records are not.

In SA, many people said the fault was at the feet of the black people, who did not respect the police state and black curfews. So yeah, I can see the parallel.

Same things being said here. But I think all humans are given the right to question a system which disrespects their human rights.

At least in theory. :(

ETA: by "here" I meant in this country, not your post

This is my issue.

There seems to be a fixed false believe that black parents MUST teach their black children to fear the police and instruct them on how to interact with them for fear of being singled out and shot dead if they flee, make a sudden move, reach for something etc...

News flash!

EVERY reasonable parent with a respect for law enforcement that understands what a dangerous career it is..teaches their children that.

If a cop pulls up behind you, lights a flashing, pull over... Keep your hands at 10 & 2 on the wheel. Don't reach for anything. Be respectful and move slow. If your documents are in the glove box, let the officer know BEFORE you reach for them.

If police tell you to move... Move

Tell
You to freeze...freeze.

Never run ... You could be shot.

Never try to elude ...

It is not a black issue.
Its a safety issue for both parties.

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CNN just played audio of the gun shots... a man that was on a video chat at the time. Sounded like 10 shots maybe.

This is a bombshell IMO. If this tape is genuine we can hear that the volley of shots lasted for only 3 or 4 seconds. It was all over very quickly. This IMO would completely discredit the testimony of Michael Brady.

Spike Lee was there? I wonder if he's going to do a movie.
And did I miss some info? It doesn't say who said it but I read something about MB spreading the word of Jesus Christ the day he was killed

Stmts attributed to family, in NYT article in past few days, about MB's religious beliefs a mo. or two before his death
makes me wonder --
For those here able to access MB's soc media postings, esp the wizards who can access thru Wayback Machine,
did MB post about his religious beliefs on his soc media, at any time at all?

I saw a FB page that someone said was the 'right' Mike Brown (I'm not vouching for it)
but there was no religious discussion or reference there.

Anyone pls? Thx in adv

Of course I missed it....

Anyone capture the audio?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really think you can equate present day life in Ferguson with the Apartheid past of South Africa. And doing so only makes things worse, in trying to form a consensus, imo.

Exactly. In your opinion.

IMO, I see shameful parallels.

Again, IMO.

Sounded like 12 shots to me on the new CNN tape. Anyone else?

Sounded like 12 shots to me on the new CNN tape. Anyone else?

I don't know a lot about gunshots, but I keep hearing 12 shots, but there were supposedly 6 shots. So I wonder if there were reverbs or echoes of each shot - i.e. 6x2=12. :thinking:

"Alleged new audio of Michael Brown Shooting" it said on screen. The person who recorded the sounds was interviewed by FBI according to his atty on CNN. Audio only. Sounded like 12-14 when I listened again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98