MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
agreed, but I do think unless he can show there was a scuffle in the car, OW cannot justify shooting after him. He needs to show he thought Brown was a danger to the community.

Also, the scary thing here is that very specific details in the story coming from LE have changed. That is not building confidence in the local LE.

Is anyone disputing that there was a scuffle in the car?

I bet round three outht to be real helpful as well. There must be a limit as to how many a human body go through and provide any meaningful info IMO

Yes! Bothers me that they did not provide the X-rays or report on residue to Baden. Is that typical?
They don't want to seem to share info in a timely manner.

Economic fallout from Ferguson reaches St. Louis County Council

County Executive Charlie Dooley estimated a price tag of $90,000 to $100,000 for every night St. Louis County Police officers were stationed along West Florissant Avenue and other trouble spots.

Dooley said the projection does not include the additional cost for personnel from municipal departments and the Missouri Highway Patrol.

A direct result of the turmoil however was the council’s unanimous approval of an $1 million emergency aid package to lessen the hardship of residents prevented from reaching their jobs or supermarkets ...

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_188a78d6-7ce5-56ba-91d9-aa7912e38b31.html

First contact wasn't for the robbery, it was for them walking down the middle of the street. LE agrees, DJ agrees. That has not changed. Although it may have been misreported but I do not think that information has changed.

Is the page 15 the one from the incident report where they still have an active search for suspects. The links are bad. It sounds as if the dispatcher did not clear it from their records because they had not been notified that these two were the two they were looking for.

I hope you are right, I can't say LE has inspired a lot of confidence with their response to the situation, or the protests. I am still stunned by the images or them pointing rifles into the crowd. Very troubling to see that inappropriate behavior as well as death threats and slurs leveled at protesters.

Judge Alex on the Don Lemon CNN panel is being the voice of reason. Well Done, imo. He is talking Sonny H. down from a ledge, where she tries to say the audio tape and the 5 witnesses PROVE this was a murder.

Judge Alex, an ex cop, said there are other witnesses which will corroborate the officers side. She says snarkily, " Not that I have heard yet."

And he calmly explains that the police will not want to release their side of the story until after the investigation/grand Jury and perhaps trial, BECAUSE WITNESSES WILL COME OUT OF THE WOODWORK WITH TAILORED TESTIMONY to the officers facts. :yes:

Judge Alex also said, officers are trained to stop, not to kill right away. That's why they aim for the body mass, where the organs are. That usually gets a suspect to stop. It also avoids to shoot bystanders (aiming for the body mass) instead of trying to shoot at the arms or legs.

However, he also explains when an officer has to shoot to defend his life, he often jerks the gun while pointing at the attacker, and that might be a reason why he misses the body mass.

Sunni H. was constantly interrupting everyone. I wished someone would just shut her up! LOL

Sadly, 'm waiting for someone to make "you are pretty, so fine" into a song on Youtube.

Don't forget the "just lookin' through yu videyas". (I think that's what he says but still not sure!

Yes! Bothers me that they did not provide the X-rays or report on residue to Baden. Is that typical?

far as I know they are work product of an ongoing shooting investigation and not required to provide them. We must remember that Baden was hired and is working in a private sector capacity for the family. His autopsy was meant to dispute the first one. At least that was the vision of the family and attorneys IMO. But because Baden made it clear he would participate in no white wash Mr. Parcells, the unlicensed, unaccredited self proclaimed expert was brought in to assist with providing the spin needed.

ETA If MB was charged with some crime and on trial for something then I believe his attorneys would have a right to full disclosure eventually during discovery of those items. Right now, OW is not charged and if and when he is then the state or feds charged with prosecuting him would have those evidentiary items and OW's attorneys would be entitled to them. I Am Not A Lawyer but I cannot imaging the victim family being entitled to them under our system of justice.

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/pa...rtment-incident-report-on-aug-9-robbery/1256/

Here's the link. The entry on page 15, near the bottom. At 7:00 they still have not found anyone that matches that description. It just says what it says and I'm sure they will give an explanation for why that is there at some point but until they do, the record is what the record is.

First contact wasn't for the robbery, it was for them walking down the middle of the street. LE agrees, DJ agrees. That has not changed. Although it may have been misreported but I do not think that information has changed.

Is the page 15 the one from the incident report where they still have an active search for suspects. The links are bad. It sounds as if the dispatcher did not clear it from their records because they had not been notified that these two were the two they were looking for. DW may have suspected they were but he had other things to worry about after the shooting, plus he is not the investigator. Didn't they get the tape later on in the day or early evening? So it was not possibly cleared because there was no proof until they were able to get the tape that showed MB was indeed the suspect. Remember DJ said he had joined MB while he was walking down the street so investigators took his statement as the truth. jmo

Is anyone disputing that there was a scuffle in the car?

Don't think so. Well, we all might disagree on what word best describes what occurred at the car but I'm good with scuffle, confrontation, fight, whatever.

agreed, but I do think unless he can show there was a scuffle in the car, OW cannot justify shooting after him. He needs to show he thought Brown was a danger to the community.

Also, the scary thing here is that very specific details in the story coming from LE have changed. That is not building confidence in the local LE.

An officer only needs to state that he felt the perp was a danger to himself (the officer). They don't operate on the same level as a citizen by law. I think that is what gets people confused.

I keep reading that an "unarmed teenager" was shot by a police officer. Well, aren't all teenagers supposed to be unarmed? Second, a police officer is supposed to be armed and they will shoot so don't challenge them.

It really is that simple.

Yep, that was me when I first came to this thread. I had listened to what all the news stations were saying and came here mad as he!! that a college student walking home to his grandmother's was gunned down in cold blood.

Once I started reading here and actively searching for those few fact filled articles that never made it to CNN. FOX, or MSNBC I felt so duped. I'm not saying I have all the answers, but I have a pretty good idea IMO what happened. But I'm always open to whatever bits of proof I can find.

BTW, are you any relation to Norman Reedus :crush: aka Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead? He's my next future husband :hot:

My 22 yr old mixed race daughter first told me about this. And that was her description exactly. A college kid, walking to grandmas, grabbed by the neck by a white cop for jaywalking, and then shot in the back when he tried to break away. I was so heated and I came here to read about it and quickly realized it was not the entire story. :no:

And I shared some of the new revised info with her and she is being pretty reasonable about it. Even tries to explain it better to her friends, but she says they do not want to hear it.

Economic fallout from Ferguson reaches St. Louis County Council

County Executive Charlie Dooley estimated a price tag of $90,000 to $100,000 for every night St. Louis County Police officers were stationed along West Florissant Avenue and other trouble spots.

Dooley said the projection does not include the additional cost for personnel from municipal departments and the Missouri Highway Patrol.

A direct result of the turmoil however was the council’s unanimous approval of an $1 million emergency aid package to lessen the hardship of residents prevented from reaching their jobs or supermarkets ...

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_188a78d6-7ce5-56ba-91d9-aa7912e38b31.html

Why do I get upset about this thinking about how, if there were no rioting, all that money could have probably outfitted every cop with a body cam. But then we might not be talking about body cams if not for the rioters.

Not their job.

Not his job.

There is an investigation going on.....

JMO.

Judge Alex also said, officers are trained to stop, not to kill right away. That's why they aim for the body mass, where the organs are. That usually gets a suspect to stop. It also avoids to shoot bystanders (aiming for the body mass) instead of trying to shoot at the arms or legs.

However, he also explains when an officer has to shoot to defend his life, he often jerks the gun while pointing at the attacker, and that might be a reason why he misses the body mass.

Sunni H. was constantly interrupting everyone. I wished someone would just shut her up! LOL

Yes, I always want the people I don't agree with to not be given air-time on TV but well, we don't always get what we wish for. Sometimes it helps to throw something at the tv.

Yep, that was me when I first came to this thread. I had listened to what all the news stations were saying and came here mad as he!! that a college student walking home to his grandmother's was gunned down in cold blood.

Once I started reading here and actively searching for those few fact filled articles that never made it to CNN. FOX, or MSNBC I felt so duped. I'm not saying I have all the answers, but I have a pretty good idea IMO what happened. But I'm always open to whatever bits of proof I can find.

BTW, are you any relation to Norman Reedus :crush: aka Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead? He's my next future husband :hot:

Same here, lol. I was Justice for Trayvon before Al Sharpton even came to town. My cousin is a teacher in FL and he had posted on his FB about this local case and I was like what? That's crazy!

The media made TM a year younger in reports, but used photos that made him look pre-pubescent. Then they had to make RJ younger because showing photos of a little kid like that with an 18 year old girlfriend would make you go what? So they made her 16 too and they made her his "friend from kindergarten" who was hospitalized because she was so distraught at losing her friend. In actuality they hadn't been all that close until recently, and she was never hospitalized. They showed washed out far-away photos from after his injury had been cleaned up and said see, he had no injury to his head! They edited the 911 call to make it look like he said things in context to other things changing the whole meaning of his words. And it all worked pretty well for Crump and Company because it wasn't a fair fight. They had the NAACP and the NBPP and the Justice Department community dept., and Sharpton's crew, and the media ate it up. GZ had his brother. O'Mara did a good job of turning some of that around but that was a travesty. To this day, I don't think GZ is necessarily a great guy. I believe he could have been guilty, but they just didn't have proof beyond reasonable doubt. Yet this whole dishonest show served no purpose other than to incite hatred.

We've seen all the same tactics, and most of the same players in Ferguson. MB's support page still listed him as 17 last I checked. He was the college bound kid on his way to grandma's. No mention of the robbery, the cigars. It doesn't matter that DJ has a history of lying to the police, he should be trusted. It doesn't matter that DW has an unblemished record as an officer, he should not be trusted.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

An officer only needs to state that he felt the perp was a danger to himself (the officer). They don't operate on the same level as a citizen by law. I think that is what gets people confused.

I keep reading that an "unarmed teenager" was shot by a police officer. Well, aren't all teenagers supposed to be unarmed? Second, a police officer is supposed to be armed and they will shoot so don't challenge them.

It really is that simple.

Agree and disagree. The threat can be to himself or the community. The point I would add is simply saying it, isn't enough. That belief has to be reasonable.

My 22 yr old mixed race daughter first told me about this. And that was her description exactly. A college kid, walking to grandmas, grabbed by the neck by a white cop for jaywalking, and then shot in the back when he tried to break away. I was so heated and I came here to read about it and quickly realized it was not the entire story. :no:

And I shared some of the new revised info with her and she is being pretty reasonable about it. Even tries to explain it better to her friends, but she says they do not want to hear it.
Same experience with my 17 year old. She kept saying, "but it's on Instagram!"

I replied, "honey we need to talk"

If nothing else it's served as a teaching moment about not believing everything you hear/read (especially FB/Instagram) until you become informed about the facts.

Sorry I have not seen complaints- was wondering the same thing about those sleuthing the dead man's twitter, or quoting that "Josie" person- since she is at best, 3rd person gossip. I guess it's not worth even linking to her here, but I sure see a lot of people here treating it as gospel. :shrug:

I figured you had seen this, but.... here you go, LE changing their story:

Quote Originally Posted by reedus23 View Post
Here is an article on FPD saying first contact wasn't related to robbery, contradicting the theory that DW knew all along they were connected to the robbery.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...c1a_story.html

As to the report...page 15, nearly last entry on that page at 18:54:26.

http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/pag...-robbery/1256/
This is so strange.... Right from the get go, I had a strange feeling about that chief, he was stuttering over his words, looking at others for answers... He didn't seem confident at all in answering questions... How could they have still been looking for the suspect to the robbery at that point in time. Doesn't make sense at all that they couldn't put 2 and 2 together.

This time of 18:54 was explained way upthread. I'm sure MB was identified at the scene as the robbery suspect as the first responder was the one who put out the description I believe. Don't know if OW was aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mygrowingbranches