Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
[h=1]Missouri governor was 'uninvited' from Michael Brown's funeral[/h]
Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon did not attend the funeral service Monday for Michael Brown, the unarmed teen shot and killed by a police officer in Ferguson, Mo., because Nixon was “uninvited,” two African-American community leaders told the Washington Examiner.

snip

“[Nixon] was the only one that was not welcome,” Nasheed said.

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/mis...d-from-michael-browns-funeral/article/2552552

"Normandy’s current tuition rate is $12,000 per student, per year. The costs of tuition among the 14 school districts that accepted Normandy transfers vary widely, climbing as high as $20,000 per student. Normandy school officials expect to pay about $15 million in transfer costs this school year: more than $1 million a month. Normandy chose Francis Howell as its receiving district and so must pay about $425,000 a month to bus nearly 450 students the 30 miles to Francis Howell schools."

So, someone in authority over 98% black and poor Normandy High School chose to transport those kids 30 mi. to 90% white, middle class Francis Howell, all expenses paid. That seems a very foolish decision, but a 45 min. bus ride to an excellent school beats staying at unaccredited, violence infested Normandy every time imo.
I believe they chose Francis Howell so most students wouldn't leave. They knew they couldn't afford the tuition. If they chose a closer district to provide transportation to, everyone would have left the schools.

I believe they chose Francis Howell so most students wouldn't leave. They knew they couldn't afford the tuition. If they chose a closer district to provide transportation to, everyone would have left the schools.

Then that foolish decision was also evil imo.

Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon did not attend the funeral service Monday for Michael Brown, the unarmed teen shot and killed by a police officer in Ferguson, Mo., because Nixon was “uninvited,” two African-American community leaders told the Washington Examiner.

snip

http://m.washingtonexaminer.com/mis...d-from-michael-browns-funeral/article/2552552

Hmmmm, I guess the fact that he won't take McCullah off the case is at issue :dunno:

Unfortunately those soapbox posts lead to political discussions and in some cases are considered such. Please stay on topic and discuss this case only.

There are other venues for political discussions.

I agree and understand but the sad thing is that this whole ordeal has intentionally been made political nationwide (as well as worldwide) already and it's getting worse, not better, as time goes by. Sad situation all the way around.

Finally had a chance to read this linked which was posted earlier...

http://gotnews.com/media-covers-reacts-got-news-lawsuit-michaelbrown-juvie-records/

It's going to be interesting if this gets more coverage, especially when in the above there are tweets saying, "possible suspect in a homicide"

I do remember Parks answering the other night with (paraphrasing), "well yea, there maybe things in Michael's past," and then he started his "it's not important" mantra, while in the next breadth insisted OWs past is completely relevant.

What in the world did she expect might happen? She should have been smart enough to know that turning it over to the media would cause it to be discussed, and not necessarily favorably.

The claims that the recording could be a fake came from people who were apparently unaware of how the recording had been made. The recording was made using the Glide app and stored and time stamped by the Glide servers. The evidence is more than just an audio file.

That is a very strong statement. Do you have a link to back this up or is this just an opinion? Thanks

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/26/us/michael-brown-ferguson-shooting/

In 2011, Johnson was arrested and accused of theft and lying to police about his first name, age and address.

Johnson said Monday night he doesn't understand why some are questioning his credibility.

"I see they bring up my past, my history, but it's not like it's a long rap sheet," Johnson told Lemon. "This one incident shouldn't make me a bad person."

what??? lol

snip

After reading the links, I can almost respect Nixon. Not quite, but almost. Once in a while, in my opinion, he actually has some guts and does his duty.

I could be wrong, but these are my thoughts.

Can't get over the nerve of the Salt Lake City Police Chief castigating the StLC/Ferguson police for wearing riot gear as they faced roiling/calling for DW's death crowds/looters/bottles of urine/molotov cocktail throwing "protestors"... so unlike the peaceful LE response in SLC to the 100 of so sit-on-the-grass-quietly-and-look-sad contingent of protesters. Good grief.

I think it had to do with LE pointing rifles into the crowd, calling them animals, detaining people for no reason and hiding their badges- which people keep trying to rationalize, but there is no excuse for, IMHO. None. It is their job to protect people, not seek revenge for anger at one officer.

All MHO.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/26/us/michael-brown-ferguson-shooting/

In 2011, Johnson was arrested and accused of theft and lying to police about his first name, age and address.

Johnson said Monday night he doesn't understand why some are questioning his credibility.

"I see they bring up my past, my history, but it's not like it's a long rap sheet," Johnson told Lemon. "This one incident shouldn't make me a bad person."

what??? lol

BBM: So what makes a bad person, a bad person? :hand: If you steal from someone, then lie to the police so you don't get in trouble, does that make you a nice person? I'm confused! :crazy:

I think it had to do with LE pointing rifles into the crowd, calling them animals, detaining people for no reason and hiding their badges- which people keep trying to rationalize, but there is no excuse for, IMHO. None. It is their job to protect people, not seek revenge for anger at one officer.

All MHO.

If you act like an animal, what are you supposed to be called, St. Mike of Ferguson?

:cow:

BBM: So what makes a bad person, a bad person? :hand: If you steal from someone, then lie to the police so you don't get in trouble, does that make you a nice person? I'm confused! :crazy:

Lying in order to remain alive in Ferguson is at least understandable. Lying to beat a stolen backpack rap isn't.

All MHO.

I think most of what they did needed to be done.
Rifles to the crowd well when they started acting up they needed their guns ready.
While I agree the police should have kept those comments to themselves......Calling them animals was way nicer then what I was calling them. My name was what comes out of animals.
We are hearing from people who were detained, their friends and of course the bias media.... I saw a couple of people talking saying their friend did no wrong when they were completely in the wrong and should have been carted away to jail. Heck even those 2 girls off of VICE were hitting that line of okay please detain them right now.
The cops needed to hide their badges so their names would not be shown. Idiots were taking their names and trying to find out where they lived. We do not need these officers families in danger by the angry mob who refuse to sit back and listen to anything.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...erguson-debate-ignores-these-three-key-facts/

"... it takes a shooter about one-third of a second to recognize a threat, then each trigger pull takes one-tenth of a second. But the mental process of deciding to stop shooting takes longer than the decision to shoot. The result is that another two or three shots can be fired as the senses, brain, nerves, and muscles put on the brakes. In other words, an officer can execute several trigger pulls after a visual input indicates a subject is no longer a threat. Further, multiple shots don’t guarantee that a person will not continue to advance or attack. And it can take over a second for a body to fall to the ground after being fatally shot. This leaves even more time for shots to be fired before an officer’s finger stops pulling the trigger"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notaryroute