MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...erguson-debate-ignores-these-three-key-facts/

"... it takes a shooter about one-third of a second to recognize a threat, then each trigger pull takes one-tenth of a second. But the mental process of deciding to stop shooting takes longer than the decision to shoot. The result is that another two or three shots can be fired as the senses, brain, nerves, and muscles put on the brakes. In other words, an officer can execute several trigger pulls after a visual input indicates a subject is no longer a threat. Further, multiple shots don’t guarantee that a person will not continue to advance or attack. And it can take over a second for a body to fall to the ground after being fatally shot. This leaves even more time for shots to be fired before an officer’s finger stops pulling the trigger"

Very interesting, thanks for the link and quote!

BBM: So what makes a bad person, a bad person? :hand: If you steal from someone, then lie to the police so you don't get in trouble, does that make you a nice person? I'm confused! :crazy:

LOL lying to LE, name, age and address...multiple 'eyewitness' accounts that make no sense, wanted in Jeff City for stealing and lying to police ...I dunno, I suppose he's not a bad guy :)

Finally had a chance to read this linked which was posted earlier...

http://gotnews.com/media-covers-reacts-got-news-lawsuit-michaelbrown-juvie-records/

It's going to be interesting if this gets more coverage, especially when in the above there are tweets saying, "possible suspect in a homicide"

I do remember Parks answering the other night with (paraphrasing), "well yea, there maybe things in Michael's past," and then he started his "it's not important" mantra, while in the next breadth insisted OWs past is completely relevant.

How do we know that this juvenile record is for the Michael Brown that died on the street in Furgison?

Michael is the 4th most common given name in the US, Brown is the 4th most common surname. Even with less common names, assuming that only one person has that name is a classic mistake.

My understanding is the Black Lawyers for Justice or something like that, filed the 200mil lawsuit against STL r/l the use of tear gas, rubber bullets etc jmo

"We are representing the injured and arrested demonstrators involved in the Michael Brown Case," BLFJ said.

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/loca...stice-ferguson-class-action-lawsuit/14608251/

The release said the lawsuit is against St. Louis County, Ferguson Police and the mayor of Ferguson.

Okay, I got to check this out now. I myself heard Don Lemon live on CNN say that the New Black Panther Party was now known as the Black Lawyers for Justice. Being there, I assume he'd know, and he's certainly MSM, but can anyone confirm if this is true?

Okay, I got to check this out now. I myself heard Don Lemon live on CNN say that the New Black Panther Party was now known as the Black Lawyers for Justice. Being there, I assume he'd know, and he's certainly MSM, but can anyone confirm if this is true?

Sorry for quoting myself. This implies they are not the same group, just led by the same person. But I know what Lemon said, so I'm still sort of scratching my head. http://archive.adl.org/learn/ext_us...t=Extremism_in_America&xpicked=2&item=shabazz

Aren't these the "side issues" which everyone has been railing about? So we're supposed to ignore racial issues intertwined in this case when convenient, but we can address it when it concerns a lawsuit, even though it can kind of be set into this "racial talk" category?

So sometimes it's ok to talk about it and other times it's not?

I'm getting awfully confused now between what we are allowed to discuss on here and what we're not.

How do we know that this juvenile record is for the Michael Brown that died on the street in Furgison?

Michael is the 4th most common given name in the US, Brown is the 4th most common surname. Even with less common names, assuming that only one person has that name is a classic mistake.

The article linked earlier addressed that. They said they have his full name, legal address, expired driver's license number, and the names of his parents, and his date of birth. So they are very clear to the courts as to which MB's records they are requesting.

Again, I don't know that I'm comfortable discussing any record when right now it's just rumor. But clearly, they aren't just talking about any MB.

LOL lying to LE, name, age and address...multiple 'eyewitness' accounts that make no sense, wanted in Jeff City for stealing and lying to police ...I dunno, I suppose he's not a bad guy :)

Bad guy or good guy or somewhere in between really isn't the issue...the issue is whether or not he is reliable as a witness. And I think all of things point to NO.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/poste...erguson-debate-ignores-these-three-key-facts/

"... it takes a shooter about one-third of a second to recognize a threat, then each trigger pull takes one-tenth of a second. But the mental process of deciding to stop shooting takes longer than the decision to shoot. The result is that another two or three shots can be fired as the senses, brain, nerves, and muscles put on the brakes. In other words, an officer can execute several trigger pulls after a visual input indicates a subject is no longer a threat. Further, multiple shots don’t guarantee that a person will not continue to advance or attack. And it can take over a second for a body to fall to the ground after being fatally shot. This leaves even more time for shots to be fired before an officer’s finger stops pulling the trigger"

Interesting article! Thanks for posting.
What also caught my attention, BBM:

No gun doesn’t mean no threat. FBI murder statistics consistently show that more people are beaten to death with hands and feet each year than are killed by assault rifles. Of the 465 weapons used to commit murder in Missouri in 2012, more than one in four were not firearms. A person’s size doesn’t mean that they are aggressive, but one’s stature is clearly a factor in a fight.

Birthdate? JMO

He has two middle names that are VERY unusual. They have the right guy.

JMO. It was a volatile situation, and I'm sure that adrenaline was flowing, but since there WERE two, and DW could not know whether either of them was armed, I think that a better option was to try to de-escalate, and call and wait for back-up....THEN arrest them. I know, easier said than done. JMO

Yes, and SOP would be to request backup. They are supposed to evaluate threats based on what they see- and he did not see any evidence of guns. He saw suspects fleeing, that is not the time to fire a volley of shots, especially not in a dense residential area. He endangered the residents much more than his suspects did.

Very interesting stats thank you for finding. The fact the entire incident went down in approx. a minute, and the shooting 8 seconds is a critical factor to consider IMO

My feeling why Parks et al are trying to discount the audio is b/c it doesn't completely support their narrative. If he were to go on record stating he believes the audio proves conclusively, a la Sonny Hoskens, witnesses/DJ statements are true then the counter argument Would likely be made, and he simply wants no part of that. JMO

Aren't these the "side issues" which everyone has been railing about? So we're supposed to ignore racial issues intertwined in this case when convenient, but we can address it when it concerns a lawsuit, even though it can kind of be set into this "racial talk" category?

I'm getting awfully confused now between what we are allowed to discuss on here and what we're not.

Anything related to the case can be discussed. Since the Black Lawyers for Justice are filing a 200 million dollar class action suit because of victims from the demonstrations for Michael Brown it is related.

Other discussions that lead to political discussions that have nothing to do with this case derail the flow of this thread. Keep on topic is the rule.

Bad guy or good guy or somewhere in between really isn't the issue...the issue is whether or not he is reliable as a witness. And I think all of things point to NO.
LOL did I forget to type "sarcasm"? Not a reliable witness? Dorian Johnson would beg to differ. He doesn't understand why people don't believe his account(s). I'm thinking, which since he has so many different ones. I found it funny...... I can't imagine anyone even considering him to ask what color the sky is.

*see my earlier post #853

I made my other post before you edited this one. Now I get what you are saying.

I don't know what the boundaries are. I flagged one of my own posts for an alert earlier to get some guidance so I'm sure we'll have a mod along shortly to clarify. I understand to an extent not impugning specific people or getting into personal fights with posters over race. It's a hot button issue. However the Black Panther Party is designated a hate group by the SPLC. It's like trying to talk about the modern KKK without talking about racial hatred - you can't because it's their sole purpose for existing. NBPP and KKK have both made sure to get their names in the MSM news in this case. And if the mods say we can't discuss them at all then I won't discuss them. But I'm not going to just discuss them while denying the obvious, because that's against everything I believe is right.

Yes, and SOP would be to request backup. They are supposed to evaluate threats based on what they see- and he did not see any evidence of guns. He saw suspects fleeing, that is not the time to fire a volley of shots, especially not in a dense residential area. He endangered the residents much more than his suspects did.

Do you happen to have a link that states shots put the residents in danger. I have not seen that reported other than speculation. Thanks

Anything related to the case can be discussed. Since the Black Lawyers for Justice are filing a 200 million dollar class action suit because of victims from the demonstrations for Michael Brown it is related.

Other discussions that lead to political discussions that have nothing to do with this case derail the flow of this thread. Keep on topic is the rule.

Thanks. I think you posted this while I was typing my post. I wasn't ignoring you I promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notaryroute