MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in a similar state, we have a very accepting culture here in regards to guns. I also don't comprehend a person of sound mind rushing toward LE that is firing at them.

Thats why i don't believe it happened, i believe MB turned to surrender, was shot as he was falling.

There's also a witness named James McKnight, but it was a short statement and I cannot find anything about him except his brief statement:

James McKnight, who also said he saw the shooting, said that Mr. Brown’s hands were up right after he turned around to face the officer.

“I saw him stumble toward the officer, but not rush at him,” Mr. McKnight said in a brief interview. “The officer was about six or seven feet away from him.”

From NY Times:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/20/us/shooting-accounts-differ-as-holder-schedules-visit.html?_r=0

Only 6 or 7 feet away? That's crucial info, imo.

LOL, you are right, I am confused:) It does seem weird that it isn't down. Really weird. Are we 100% sure we are looking at the right truck?

I think others were certain, LOL. Someone else said maybe it was the truck behind it, but I could see that one had lights flashing. I know I read somewhere that it was the only one without flashing lights, so I am guessing based on how closely Sleuthers have examined things, that it is the correct car.

I have yet to see a good diagram of the whole thing, so I have to admit I am a bit lost. But the window up doesn't fit anyone's story, does it?

Has this been confirmed to be a bracelet? It looks like a whistle to me. JMO, tho
No AFAIK it has not been confirmed that's a bracelet on the ground. I am still curious about where DJ's bracelet IS though.

There's also a witness named James McKnight, but it was a short statement and I cannot find anything about him except his brief statement:

James McKnight, who also said he saw the shooting, said that Mr. Brown’s hands were up right after he turned around to face the officer.

“I saw him stumble toward the officer, but not rush at him,” Mr. McKnight said in a brief interview. “The officer was about six or seven feet away from him.”

From NY Times:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/20/us/shooting-accounts-differ-as-holder-schedules-visit.html?_r=0

Thanks. I just found him too. Interesting that he has avoided the cameras.

Agree with everything you said. Remember, DJ only had a short time to come up with the details of his version before he started interviews at the scene. I think he may have relayed a story that favored his and MB's behavior. It doesn't add up logically, but considering what was going on in DJ's mind, he probably "enhanced" many of the true details. IMO...

BBM

The last bolded portion is what seems so odd to me.

Number one, if the door could only open ' one inch' before hitting MB, then why the heck would OW have even tried to open it?

Two, how does a door that only opened 'one inch' then 'ricochet' closed if it hits someone. I don't see that as physically possible. Unless of course someone SLAMMED it shut with force in opposite direction.

Three, if MB was standing so close to the car, that the door could only open up one inch, then why would OW even try and get out of the car? Wouldn't
he direct them to go sit on the sidewalk first, before stepping out right within an inch of the 2 of them?

And DJ's version saying that he grabbed the cigarillos out of his hands...really? A psycho cop has his hands around your friends neck and you are worried about handing off some stolen cigarillos? Why not drop them?

This part of the DJ fairy tale makes no sense to me. :moo:

I think others were certain, LOL. Someone else said maybe it was the truck behind it, but I could see that one had lights flashing. I know I read somewhere that it was the only one without flashing lights, so I am guessing based on how closely Sleuthers have examined things, that it is the correct car.

I have yet to see a good diagram of the whole thing, so I have to admit I am a bit lost. But the window up doesn't fit anyone's story, does it?

To me, the only thing that makes sense in this situation is that he called for backup and rolled up the window because he didn't want anyone to be able to get into the truck after he exited it. I wonder if he locked the door too?

No AFAIK it has not been confirmed that's a bracelet on the ground. I am still curious about where DJ's bracelet IS though.

My guess is that it is in evidence, with the cap et al. JMO

This may have been posted already, my apologies if so, too many post to sort though :crazy: But I found this link interesting..

<modsnip>

I know there's a difference between LE/Military training and civilian CCW training. I've gone through military small arms fire training as well as civilian CCW training. It makes sense now that you cleared up the answer was in regards to "lethal threat" :) Thanks

ETA: All other info aside, would an "unarmed" man, even as an aggressor, be considered a "lethal threat"?
Unless someone is naked and spread (sorry), how do you know without a doubt
that person is unarmed?

409d9353a0d50454dceaec3b6f09481c.jpg

Could be a crack in the road. I can't clean it up enough to tell.

All posts are MOO

I just checked out google maps Canfield near Coppercreek Cir. There a lots of long cracks in the street in the middle of the yellow lines. JMO

I think it is an illusion created by trying to fog out the blood pool and the officer walking in the background reflecting off the blood (sorry to be graphic). Watch first 12 seconds of video here...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-show-the-moments-after-michael-browns-death/

New video without fog between 0:58 and 1:28...(also note comments by Piaget and Tiffany during video)

http://aattp.org/video-shows-ferguson-police-dumping-michael-browns-body-into-suv-nsfw/

Ok, thank you so much for this. Now I understand. It was a stream of blood running from his head, and when the tv producers tried to blur it out, they accidentally left one part of the stream of blood. IIUC.

Haven't kept up with the thread for the last day or so. I take it the only new info to come out is that now the audio of the fires being shot may be genuine and a lawsuit has been filed by some of the protesters. Anything else? Beyond our sleuthing/speculation I mean.

On another note, frydaddy, I got through your transcription for Crenshaw and Mitchell. Thanks doesn't seem to be enough, but thanks regardless. Did you happen to do one for Johnson or has there just been too many from him?

Also, has anyone actually compiled a list of witnesses?

Mitchell
Crenshaw
Johnson
Black Canseco
Brady
Pharaoh
Wilson (hasn't spoken yet though)
Josie

Are any of these wrong or duplicates? Do we know any others?

Was Pharoah the one who claimed to be in the store when DJ & MB were there or was he the one in the NYT article saying MB was 7' from OW when he fell?

To me, the only thing that makes sense in this situation is that he called for backup and rolled up the window because he didn't want anyone to be able to get into the truck after he exited it. I wonder if he locked the door too?

Do the Ferguson police also carry rifles in their trucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member