MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Pharoah the one who claimed to be in the store when DJ & MB were there or was he the one in the NYT article saying MB was 7' from OW when he fell?

Wasn't he the guy that was live tweeting. That's who I was thinking of anyways.

Have you viewed the entire tape? Because AFTER Mb first grabs the clerk by the neck and shoves him, THEN he comes back at him another time, and the clerk was NOT blocking his way then. :no:

But "comes back at him" is not the same as shoving. The "comes back at him" part does not include any physical contact.

The shove comes when the shopowner is putting his body in front of MB and tryng to hold the door shut.

Again, I am just pointing this out because I read in someone's post (can't remember which one now), that MB turned back around and for no reason shoved the shopowner. It was implied and maybe even stated that MB did the ^^^ above just for the heck of it.

So I am just making clear that what MB did just for the heck of it was the action you mentioned, which involved no physical contact.

The shove was to get the shopowner out of way of the door.

Anyway, it was just a technical thing.

In any case, MB did the WRONG thing. I know that.

But I just wanted to point out that some people, I feel, were exxagerating this second part of the interaction (the coming back at him part). It's not like he came back at him for no reason, pushed him to the ground, and gave him a beat down.

JMO.

If he was only 6 or 7 feet away, did the officer chase MB down the street a-ways before firing?

When was McKnight's interview? Seems odd he would specifically state "but not rush at him"... if it's an early interview, minutes after, why would someone think to include that?

But "comes back at him" is not the same as shoving. The "comes back at him" part does not include any physical contact.

The shove comes when the shopowner is putting his body in front of MB and tryng to hold the door shut.

Again, I am just pointing this out because I read in someone's post (can't remember which one now), that MB turned back around and for no reason shoved the shopowner. It was implied and maybe even stated that MB did the ^^^ above just for the heck of it.

So I am just making clear that what MB did just for the heck of it was the action you mentioned, which involved no physical contact.

The shove was to get the shopowner out of way of the door.

Anyway, it was just a technical thing.

In any case, MB did the WRONG thing. I know that.

But I just wanted to point out that some people, I feel, were exxagerating this second part of the interaction (the coming back at him part). It's not like he came back at him for no reason, pushed him to the ground, and gave him a beat down.

JMO.

IMVHO, there is no question to me that some that seek a predetermined result to this mess(on either side) use inflammatory and exaggerative words to describe events, including what occurred in the store.

If he was only 6 or 7 feet away, did the officer chase MB down the street a-ways before firing?

When was McKnight's interview? Seems odd he would specifically state "but not rush at him"... if it's an early interview, minutes after, why would someone think to include that?

Because everyone knew what the cops version would be before he said it????? Just guessing.

ETA - Having said that, I don't know when he first gave that comment.

Because everyone knew what the cops version would be before he said it????? Just guessing.

ETA - Having said that, I don't know when he first gave that comment.

It's odd because it contradicts the witness that is overheard on that one video. The one who said MB did rush at the officer. That's why I'm wondering when this interview took place. Was it before or after that came about?

OMG The freakin 300 lb 'boy' just stole from the shop owner.
Do the MB defendfers defend rapist and pedophiles??? :gaah: :banghead: :slapfight: :gasp:

With all due respect, I don't see anyone defending MB or what he did. Having said that, cops aren't allowed to shoot rapists and pedophiles IF IF IF they have surrendered themselves to arrest (even if I might want them to).

I have seen no evidence that he was shot because of the robbery.

I never heard anyone was claiming to be in the store... where is info on that? Wow!

Bruh. Theepharoah (twitter name) was the one who took pictures from his apartment and tweeted about it. Vice news interviewed him and let him do his rap song about the shooting and what he saw.
James McKnight was the one in the NY Times article that said he was 6-7 feet away when he was shot. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/20/us/shooting-accounts-differ-as-holder-schedules-visit.html?_r=0
Then there's the guy talking about the scene in detail from a kitchen- I don't know if he is reliable, I haven't seen him interviewed, but he does seem sure about how things happened in the convenience store, he acts out how MB grabbed cigars just like the surveillance video showed, but he knew how all that happened many days before the surveillance video was released.
This youtube video was posted Aug 11 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8BG-B50xHo
Maybe this guy was in the store at the time?
Was Pharoah the one who claimed to be in the store when DJ & MB were there or was he the one in the NYT article saying MB was 7' from OW when he fell?

It's odd because it contradicts the witness that is overheard on that one video. The one who said MB did rush at the officer. That's why I'm wondering when this interview took place. Was it before or after that came about?

First, that is all about perspective. Eyewitnesses have different perspectives of events. It's also why part of me is beginning to come to the belief that a trial is necessary so that a jury can make that determination of whether or not, after turning, MB came at DW in an aggressive fashion. Who am I to say which witness to believe or how to interpret the witness' statement. Ultimately, that's what juries are for.

Honest question...what were the words used on the Black Canseco video? I just don't remember. Off the top of my head, I remember him saying something along the lines of he turned and come back to him. That could be interpreted many ways. Could mean MB charged 20 feet running at DW. It could mean he turned around and stumbled forward, as if he were coming back at him. Rest assured, LE has cleared up exactly what he meant.

Can you give me the dates of the meetings, explain to me what plan of action came from the meetings, etc? I ask because Stewart didn't mention any results. QUOTE]

Sorry if this is not good enough- but your original statement was regarding how little action people are taking to try to improve things.
No offense, but asking for dates of meetings is a weird sort of tangent, IMHO.

Not if there haven't been any meetings yet. Your link, Stewart, said they occurred in November and have had three more since. I ran across an article in the Trib from July of this year discussing a summit. Talk isn't action.

First, that is all about perspective. Eyewitnesses have different perspectives of events. It's also why part of me is beginning to come to the belief that a trial is necessary so that a jury can make that determination of whether or not, after turning, MB came at DW in an aggressive fashion. Who am I to say which witness to believe or how to interpret the witness' statement. Ultimately, that's what juries are for.

Honest question...what were the words used on the Black Canseco video? I just don't remember. Off the top of my head, I remember him saying something along the lines of he turned and come back to him. That could be interpreted many ways. Could mean MB charged 20 feet running at DW. It could mean he turned around and stumbled forward, as if he were coming back at him. Rest assured, LE has cleared up exactly what he meant.

At this link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-teen-surrendered-Officer-Darren-Wilson.html

Listen at 1:05. "The dude start running... coming toward the police..."

Sounds to me like he was running at the cop. JMO

Haven't kept up with the thread for the last day or so. I take it the only new info to come out is that now the audio of the fires being shot may be genuine and a lawsuit has been filed by some of the protesters. Anything else? Beyond our sleuthing/speculation I mean.

On another note, frydaddy, I got through your transcription for Crenshaw and Mitchell. Thanks doesn't seem to be enough, but thanks regardless. Did you happen to do one for Johnson or has there just been too many from him?

Also, has anyone actually compiled a list of witnesses?

Mitchell
Crenshaw
Johnson
Black Canseco
Brady
Pharaoh
Wilson (hasn't spoken yet though)
Josie

Are any of these wrong or duplicates? Do we know any others?

No need for thanks, I am happy to be a contributor here. But you are most welcome!

I was planning on doing Johnson's, but I didn't for the reason you mentioned (quantity), because life at home and work got extremely busy and I was only getting a few hours of sleep a night as it was, and because no one really seemed willing to discuss the transcribed words. Frankly, I think people avoided them purposefully so that they could continue to point to x number of witnesses.

That said, I will be away from here for most of the rest of the day, but I am curious to know not if you can impeach Tiffany or Piaget, but can you comprehend why I have?

I know there's a difference between LE/Military training and civilian CCW training. I've gone through military small arms fire training as well as civilian CCW training. It makes sense now that you cleared up the answer was in regards to "lethal threat" :) Thanks

ETA: All other info aside, would an "unarmed" man, even as an aggressor, be considered a "lethal threat"?
BBM
I've been given the "rule of thumb" over the years that If the person is bigger or stronger than you, "armed" or not, they can be lethal to you.

The body alone can be a deadly weapon, and if there's anything around they could get to harm you, even worse.

(I'm not LE or military. I took a general self defense class and worked in a women's shelter. I asked a cop the other day about it, he said that is the rule of thumb for them too. I got an earful about how much it's drilled into them how many are killed by "unarmed" people, or by their own weapons if they just brandish them.)

Don't know how much this helps, but it sounded sensible and consistent to me. :)

Yeah, he was live tweeting the events of the shooting, which happened right outside his apartment.

Does live tweeting mean he was tweeting while it happened? He says theres crime scene tape on his building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot