MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If teens in Ferguson think it's okay to steal smokes, then we've wasted 12+ threads talking about the wrong things. Whether he's done it before or not, no way do I buy that he thought it was okay. I'd buy that he didn't give two BM's, but that doesn't appeal to our emotion in an effort to soften Mike's image in the court of public opinion.

Again...where did I say that teens think it's OK? They know it's not ok...but IMO, they may know the store won't call police.

And since we know they didn't...it's not a leap for me to come to that conclusion.

I am CERTAINLY not trying to justify it happening, or "soften MB's image". He did it! There is no question it happened!

My point was that his mindset at the time - because DJ told us so - that the cops weren't called, so there was nothing for them to be worried about.

It has been stated here on this board and many other places that it doesn't matter if OW knew he stole them...MB KNEW he did and that's why he acted out!!

But if they KNEW the cops weren't called by the store - and again...they did not - why would MB be worried about being arrested for it...and therefore go totally crazy and run away then run back towards bullets being shot at him???

Ferguson protestors file $40M lawsuit against police - I assume the number has dwindled down from $200 M. Maybe it's because they could only find five plaintiffs. (Now known as the Ferguson Five)

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/loca...-lawsuit-against-police-departments/14756807/
http://fox2now.com/2014/08/28/ferguson-protestors-file-40m-lawsuit-against-police/

So freaking stupid.
LE needs to leave...allow the city to destroy itself.
Let the residents see what it's like to have no protection.

Again...where did I say that teens think it's OK? They know it's not ok...but IMO, they may know the store won't call police.

And since we know they didn't...it's not a leap for me to come to that conclusion.

I am CERTAINLY not trying to justify it happening, or "soften MB's image". He did it! There is no question it happened!

My point was that his mindset at the time - because DJ told us so - that the cops weren't called, so there was nothing for them to be worried about.

It has been stated here on this board and many other places that it doesn't matter if OW knew he stole them...MB KNEW he did and that's why he acted out!!

But if they KNEW the cops weren't called by the store - and again...they did not - why would MB be worried about being arrested for it...and therefore go totally crazy and run away then run back towards bullets being shot at him???

Can I say that I like and agree with 90% of your post? The DJ told us so I can't get past since he lied so many times.

ETA: no worries corundogs! :)

Just a little piece of random info I wanted to put into a thread, in case it might be significant later

DJ and MB were together the night before the robbery and "events" that resulted in MB's death.

Begin viewing at 8:10.

"We do know that he and Dorian Johnson were together the night before, and that they were together just prior to going to that liquor store."

http://gretawire.foxnewsinsider.com...michael-brown-took-before-his-fatal-shooting/

Now, IIRC, that doesn't exactly line up with the statements of DJ in the early hours/ days. But since I have to go find a link for what I think I might remember, please take it as just my opinion or something for the time being! ;)
They weren't really blocking the whole road... Lol
b94c3aa0b2cdc194ae7498e883d119a8.jpg

All posts are MOO

And I am having total puter problems. Sorry if my "Thank You" posts didn't show up! Love You All!!!

Again, my point was stated because we know the store DID NOT CALL the police! And DJ and the other guy stated they "knew" they weren't called.

Why would they "know" that if there wasn't something in their mind that told them they wouldn't?

I am certainly not stating it is right! AT ALL! How was I explaining away his behavior? ***Where did I call it petty theft?*** ETA - OOPS! Sorry, I guess I did. I guess to the store, this was petty theft...again, which is why they did not call the police.

Just stating that IMO, this was the mindset of MB and DJ. Because DJ TOLD us this was his mindset!

DJ's credibility is nil. I fail to see how anyone can profile him based on anything that comes out of his mouth. But since I am not intimately familiar with this particular statement of his, would you mind telling me which interview he said this in?

$50 is petty theft to a liquor store in Ferguson in your mind? Do liquor stores in Ferguson rake in that much dough that they can absorb $50 hits every day? Doubtful.

And I am having total puter problems. Sorry if my "Thank You" posts didn't show up! Love You All!!!

I'm thinking it isn't just your computer, Linda and I are also having trouble. I've tried getting out of the thread and back in, refreshing and even deleting recent history and cookies.......one of those worked but not sure which since I did all of them and now it's fine LOL

It's not your computer...I'm having the same problems on my iphone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just now catching up, just returned home. But I did watch the beginning of Anderson Cooper's show (the repeat at 11 p.m. ET) and guess what: he only showed the members of the panel and not anymore the blend in images of the video showing the scene of the shooting the the police car with the blood on it! Grrrr!

What I'm failing to see with this blunt theft is that how are ANY businesses in Ferguson open if teens and others just help themselves and think it not wrong as long as you don't have a weapon? I'd almost bet that all those who just take things without paying know it's called stealing. Even the lady in the store who called 911 on this episode realized it was the wrong thing to be doing.

I agree. They know they should not steal. DJ put one box back so he knew it was wrong.

The owner already got pushed around by MB. He shows up dead after a 911 call was made involving his business. I would be denying calling the cops too. We know how some feel....snitches get stitches.

Also whose to say the owner would not have called 911 if the customer had not. But 2 calls for the same incident seems pointless.

Any one catch a screen shot or link to blood on the car door?

BBM how can DJ know if 911 was called or not. We know for a fact that they were called.

Again, my point was stated because we know the store DID NOT CALL the police! And DJ and the other guy stated they "knew" they weren't called.

Why would they "know" that if there wasn't something in their mind that told them they wouldn't?

I am certainly not stating it is right! AT ALL! How was I explaining away his behavior? ***Where did I call it petty theft?*** ETA - OOPS! Sorry, I guess I did. I guess to the store, this was petty theft...again, which is why they did not call the police.

Just stating that IMO, this was the mindset of MB and DJ. Because DJ TOLD us this was his mindset!

If I'm understanding you correctly...you're saying that MB and DJ knew the shopkeeper wouldn't call the police because they had terrorized this shopkeeper before (and he didn't call 911)

Y'all have brought up something else I want to address.

DJ and the guy with the black tshirt and dreads both stated in their recounting of their version of events...

That no cops were called on them for stealing the cigars. They were pretty adamant about that...and we do know that the store in fact DID NOT CALL! It was a female customer that called.

People have then stated that MB walking in the street with the stolen cigars makes him arrogant, and shows a lack of common sense, etc. That is shows a blatant disregard for authority when he came face to face with a police officer.

My gut feeling here (and that is all it is, IMO and nothing else) is that this store was known to be a place where they didn't call the cops on petty thefts like this...even if pushed.

So in MB and DJ's mind...the cop was in fact just yelling at them to get off the street...and did not in fact know anything about the theft, if he in fact did (which of course is debatable based on reports). MB wasn't being blatantly disrespectful with stolen items in his hands because in his mind, the cop couldn't have known they were stolen!

I hope that makes sense...I feel like I have to put so many caveats and explanations into things...LOL!
If you are responding to my post...where did I say it was ok for them to be stealing? If I thought it was OK, I wouldn't have called it stealing.

I stated that they knew the cops weren't called by the store. And in fact, we know that to be true!

THAT, IMO, goes to show their state of mind when approached by a police officer.

It would not surprise me to learn that MB thought the store owner was too cowed to report the assault and robbery. We have seen and discussed other things that suggest that stores fear recrimination for "snitching."

However, a few other things were involved here -

1. DJ wasn't so cocky. He put his box back on the counter.

2. There were other people in the store, and obviously, they didn't fear calling it in. Perhaps because they were anonymous to MB.
Even if MB trusted that he had the owner cowed, I think it would be cocky of him to assume everyone watching was.

3. The walking down the street with loot in hand in broad daylight wasn't the only sign of hubris. It was one of many in the series.

So, while he might have not thought he was caught when they first saw a cop approaching, it still looks cocky to me to tell the cop "no". And then the whole scene at the car... I think there's a pattern of cockiness.

I would have probably passed out right there in the street as soon as I saw a cop heading my way. If all he did was ask me to get on the sidewalk, I would have run over to it, dropped to my knees in thanks and sworn to God that I'd henceforth live a life of purity. :D
(Not to say I expect that much of them... Well maybe DJ wanted to. Lol

Seriously, wouldn't you all love to know the conversation between him and MB on that ten minute walk in the street? ;) )

If DJ was so confident the police wouldn't be called, knew that's why they were going there, why did he put what Brown handed him back on the counter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any one catch a screen shot or link to blood on the bar door?

I missed the whole show. I have been trying to look at it on CNN on demand for the last hr but the page is not working right for me. Hoping they will have it all fixed up tomorrow so I can look for myself.

I missed the whole show. I have been trying to look at it on CNN on demand for the last hr but the page is not working right for me. Hoping they will have it all fixed up tomorrow so I can look for myself.
I'm feverishly searching but can't find it....let's hope it's posted tomorrow.
:)

LOL - Sorry, not trying to be overly difficult here. Let me go about this a different way.

The only fact we know is that a woman was the first to call it in. We don't know if the owner called or not. Maybe he did and police already knew. Maybe he knew the woman called. Maybe he didn't have a chance because he was a little shaken by the big fella handling him or because the cops were there before he could do it. From grab to officer on scene was five minutes or less. The points I am trying to make are these...

1. The store owner broadcast that he didn't call because he didn't want his store in cinders like the QT up the street, not because of petty theft being acceptable.
2. If it was acceptable, why would the store owner put himself in harms way with a kid twice his size?
3. If Dorian knew the store owner wouldn't call, why did he give them back? Wouldn't he have taken them if he knew it was safe?
4. Why would you believe anything Dorian says, much less craft a theory off it? I'd really like to hear him say this, was this in a print interview or a video interview?

Bottom line, I don't find a theory that Dorian knew the cops weren't called even remotely plausible. It sounds like a red herring a defense attorney would cook up to present Mike as just a dude having a leisurely stroll with his buddy. No disrespect intended, honestly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AtroRed