MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have missed something important. I thought that the chief said the whole crime scene was 120ish feet, but MB's body was 35 feet from the vehicle.

I had always heard the reports that MB's body was 35 feet as well. Frydaddy put forth a compelling argument that it was more like 130 feet. Not sure I remember any 120ish comments.

Charles C. Johnson@ChuckCJohnson · 47m

Please release #MichaelBrown juvenile records. It's go time now. #ferguson

https://twitter.com/ChuckCJohnson

Either he's at the wrong building or I'm gonna kick myself for not being more patient. There was no one at that division as of 10:15 and typically the lawyers are already rolling in with their files.

That is how I took it too.

I wonder if a State of Emergency is declared in the future, can they ask for the removal of McColluch again. :thinking:

There are going to be some very unhappy people about this.

I wonder if a State of Emergency is declared in the future, can they ask for the removal of McColluch again. :thinking:

There are going to be some very unhappy people about this.

I didn't know there was another protest scheduled for noon. What is this one for?

"He did not have a criminal record as an adult, and his family said he never got in trouble with the law as a juvenile, either."

MB's mom has never claimed MB never got in trouble at school though, has she? She told the NYT reporter that when MB was accused of stealing an iPad in 9th grade that she took the receipt for it to school. Nothing said about why school admins thought he had stolen it. No mention of prior run-ins with teachers/admins at McCleur HS. Just that he left McCleur in or after ninth grade. I think school disciplinary records will show why MB attended two other high schools after McCleur, before spending "most of his last two [high school] years at Normandy HS."

Jeremy Kohler @jeremykohler · 6m

#MikeBrown was not facing any serious felony charge at time of death and has never been convicted of a serious felony in family court.

Jeremy Kohler @jeremykohler · 2m

That is according to Cynthia Harcourt, lawyer for the juvenile officer in SLC family court.

211.321. 1. Records of juvenile court proceedings as well as all information obtained and social records prepared in the discharge of official duty for the court shall not be open to inspection or their contents disclosed, except by order of the court to persons having a legitimate interest therein, unless a petition or motion to modify is sustained which charges the child with an offense which, if committed by an adult, would be a class A felony under the criminal code of Missouri, or capital murder, first degree murder, or second degree murder or except as provided in subsection 2 of this section. In addition, whenever a report is required under section 557.026, there shall also be included a complete list of certain violations of the juvenile code for which the defendant had been adjudicated a delinquent while a juvenile. This list shall be made available to the probation officer and shall be included in the presentence report. The violations to be included in the report are limited to the following: rape, sodomy, murder, kidnapping, robbery, arson, burglary or any acts involving the rendering or threat of serious bodily harm. The supreme court may promulgate rules to be followed by the juvenile courts in separating the records.

Seems to me if there is a class A felony involved, including 2nd degree murder as Johnson suggests, it wouldn't be difficult, even under the statute, to make them public. Am I reading the statute wrong?

Cause Taken Under Advisement
Filed By: ELLEN LEVY SIWAK
Associated Entries: 09/03/2014 - Hearing Held

Hearing Held
Cause called heard & submitted. Copies handed to parties. SO ORDERED: Judge Ellen Levy Siwak Ct. Reporter Billye Jo Schulte
Scheduled For: 09/03/2014; 10:30 AM ; ELLEN LEVY SIWAK; St Louis County

08/29/2014 Memorandum Filed
Memorandum in Support of Petition Pursuant to Mo. Rev. State. 211.321
Filed By: ST LOUIS POST DISPATCH
On Behalf Of: JEREMY KOHLER

Order
Order to Redact Personal Information Pursuant to Supreme Court Operating Rule 2.05(c) SO ORDERED: JUDGE ELLEN LEVY SIWAK

08/28/2014 Hearing Scheduled
Associated Entries: 09/03/2014 - Hearing Held

Scheduled For: 09/03/2014; 10:30 AM ; ELLEN LEVY SIWAK; St Louis County

08/27/2014 Notice of Hearing Filed
Set on 09/03/14 at 10:30 AM
Filed By: ST LOUIS POST DISPATCH
On Behalf Of: JEREMY KOHLER

08/22/2014 Petition Filed - No Fees
PETITION PURSUANT TO MO REV STAT 211.321.2

Judge Assigned

Casenet/MO

Jeremy Kohler@jeremykohler · 2m

#MikeBrown was not facing the equivalent of A or B level felonies and had not been convicted of one.

Jeremy Kohler @jeremykohler · 6m

#MikeBrown was not facing any serious felony charge at time of death and has never been convicted of a serious felony in family court.

Jeremy Kohler @jeremykohler · 2m

That is according to Cynthia Harcourt, lawyer for the juvenile officer in SLC family court.

That would make sense and go hand in hand with the statute like I said before. If it's the equivalent to what would otherwise be a class A felony, it would be much easier to obtain. I suspect because discussing "serious" felonies is ok under the statute, the lawyer determined it was ok to discuss the lack of them, while at the same time not discussing other issues.

Might be the splitting the baby I talked about. Maybe Siwak said they can release any juvenile records that equate to serious felonies but nothing else. Johnson gets a partial win but not a full win. The other side loses but it isn't a complete loss.

All just a guess and conjecture on my part.

Where has integrity gone in reporting? There is none. On any side of the equation. Disappointing truly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member