MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9035483/events/3271930

so I'm watching it again. The protesters are standing in the middle of the street blocking traffic on both sides. If you roll down your window and give them a high 5 or shake their hand they let you pass. See how THAT works :rolleyes:

Watch around 1:46 and you'll see the Honda CRV come up in the left hand lane. It looks to me like he stops because there are 2 people standing in the lane and then he drives forward pushing them a little and then stops again and then all he!! breaks loose

This reminds me of a piece by a retired police officer or chief the other day, who said that thugs are known for moseying slowly in the streets as way as a passive-aggressive power play.

Basically, they dare people to complain, because if you do, he said, they go off on you.

Someone crawls on his car, a couple of them push his car and someone kicks his car :facepalm:

It goes from, "I got hit." to "I got run over." to "he ran over several protesters."

This reminds me of a piece by a retired police officer or chief the other day, who said that thugs are known for moseying slowly in the streets as way as a passive-aggressive power play.

Except that this video didn't show passive-aggressive. It showed aggressive-aggressive.

Missouri's a shall-issue state, right? Why aren't all the law-abiding citizens carrying? I sure would be.

From Ferguson PD site: "The 32 field operations officers [patrol officers] are divided into two platoons with two squads of eight officers per platoon. Each platoon is commanded by a lieutenant and each squad is supervised by a sergeant. Officers are on patrol 24 hours per day seven days per week. Each squad has a canine team and each squad will have officers with differing certifications."

So few doing so much for so many ingrates imo.

"The Division of Field Operations is more commonly known or referred to as Uniformed Patrol. Personnel assigned to field operations are the officers that are seen patrolling the streets and businesses in Ferguson and are responsible for answering the more than 25,000 annual calls for police service. This includes everything from noise complaints, to traffic accidents, to serious felony crimes involving weapons."

I was thinking the same thing, watching that video.

About 5 officers, two female, in regular uniform, surrounded and shoved and yelled at by a mob.

I would have had to use my "mom voice" on that crowd. :nono:

Sent via Tapatalk for S4

I keep asking if there is a final autopsy, pictures of OW's injuries that day, or any details officially released. And keep getting links to "unnamed sources" saying Josie was "pretty" accurate. And, Jackson's statements- many of which also chnged. And quotes from Baden, which was not a complete autopsy because he was not given x rays or bullet reside information.

When I asked, funniest response I got was "you think MB has a bullet in the back?" No, I was asking where the final autopsy report was, or pics of OW injured that day?

You won't see any of the above until after the GJ or until the trial starts. The officer is not going to make any public statements, if he has a wise attorney. And the investigators are not going to leak any info that might help those that want to convict their officer. Everything is going to stay locked down, imo.

Wow. The reality is almost the opposite of what you assumed initially.

the whole entire "movement" is gross to me & as a local, don't these people have better things to do? OMG

get a life! buy some produce

Yep, me too. That's very threatening behavior, and it's totally reasonable for the driver to be in fear of death or great bodily harm.

Yep, reminds me of the incident in NY when the crotch rockets surrounded an SUV and were forcing cars back, etc.

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-law-basics/states-that-have-stand-your-ground-laws.html

Duty to Retreat States - Missouri

On the other end of the legal spectrum, some states have laws imposing a duty to retreat. A duty to retreat generally means that you can't resort to deadly force in self-defense if you can safely avoid the risk of harm or death (by running away, for example). If that is not an option, say if you were cornered or pinned down and facing serious harm or death, then you would be authorized to use deadly force in self defense. The following states impose some form of duty to retreat before using deadly self defense:

Perhaps protestors need to know this before they start surrounding motorists in a threatening manner. What if this man had a gun?

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9035483/events/3271930

so I'm watching it again. The protesters are standing in the middle of the street blocking traffic on both sides. If you roll down your window and give them a high 5 or shake their hand they let you pass. See how THAT works :rolleyes:

Watch around 1:46 and you'll see the Honda CRV come up in the left hand lane. It looks to me like he stops because there are 2 people standing in the lane and then he drives forward pushing them a little and then stops again and then all he!! breaks loose

thinking about takin' a little road trip in my Hummer . . . :laugh:

I don't think they arrested that guy at all. The driver of the CRV, I mean. I bet they got him out of there for his safety.

I think those protesters just got punked :giggle:

the whole entire "movement" is gross to me & as a local, don't these people have better things to do? OMG

get a life! buy some produce

Maybe if they ate better, they'd feel better

I keep asking if there is a final autopsy, pictures of OW's injuries that day, or any details officially released. And keep getting links to "unnamed sources" saying Josie was "pretty" accurate. And, Jackson's statements- many of which also chnged. And quotes from Baden, which was not a complete autopsy because he was not given x rays or bullet reside information.

When I asked, funniest response I got was "you think MB has a bullet in the back?" No, I was asking where the final autopsy report was, or pics of OW injured that day?

dude, I think we have been posting specifically to your questions that there are 2 investigations going on & none of this will be released until 1) the StL County GJ comes back with a no true bill or 2) the trial

but with the information we are privy to, we INFER $h*t based on 1) our intellect, 2) past experience, and 3) history

damn

The official autopsy was done by Dr. Mary Case, StL County ME. The report was in the hands of investigators a few days later, which was reported. The report, photographs, and labs are evidence. I am 100% confident that the GJ has been given the official autopsy, along with the official autopsy photographs. It will be released to the public either at the conclusion of the investigation when a "no bill" is returned, or if there is a trial, it will be released at some point AFTER it is introduced during the trial process. Her autopsy is the official autopsy-- Dr. Baden's autopsy will NOT be admissible to GJ, and it will not be admissible if there are charges and a trial. Dr. Baden's autopsy was for benefit of the family personally, and in case they are able to try to file a civil suit at some point. Interestingly, the family only chose to release diagrams made by Parcell and Dr. Baden-- they chose not to release any kind of autopsy report. I think it's possible he was asked not to write a report at all, at this point in time.

Dr. Mary Case is a "rock star" pathologist-- very detailed and meticulous. She is no Shawn Parcell, or Shiping Bao, lol! Here is a very good biographical article about her that was published July 2014, as well as a link to an older post with more info about Dr. Case and her credentials.

http://www.stlmag.com/news/call-it-murder/

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...teen-Michael-Brown-16&p=10930235#post10930235

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-law-basics/states-that-have-stand-your-ground-laws.html

Duty to Retreat States - Missouri

On the other end of the legal spectrum, some states have laws imposing a duty to retreat. A duty to retreat generally means that you can't resort to deadly force in self-defense if you can safely avoid the risk of harm or death (by running away, for example). If that is not an option, say if you were cornered or pinned down and facing serious harm or death, then you would be authorized to use deadly force in self defense. The following states impose some form of duty to retreat before using deadly self defense:

Perhaps protestors need to know this before they start surrounding motorists in a threatening manner. What if this man had a gun?

Looked like he was on a cell phone at one point-- hopefully calling 911.

Excuse my ignorance, theres a lot of threads to read through ... and i know that i sound like a broken record...

But its alil disturbing how so many of you are so dismissive of the accounts of tiffany mitchell and piaget chrensaw

Why?

Their stories moreso corroborate with djs account

And actually none of the witnesses who have shared their stories publicly have corroborated with the ferguson pd account that mb pushed ow into the car, and tried to grab his gun from inside the car... the autospy could go either way

Also not one credible witness has stepped forward to attest that mb bull rushed ow as the ferguson pd would like us to believe. Maybe its fear of retailiation, but its hard to believe not one individual has stepped to the plate

The landscappers and another man also admitted mb moved towards ow but it was moreso a stumble which makes sense if mike had been hit, was winded

Most witnesses also attest to mb having his hands up before the last 4,5 fatal shots which is the universal sign of surrender

I cant see how anyone could argue ow was in fear of his or felt mb was a danger to others if these witnesses are to be believed

Its gonna be an uphill battle to convict ow because the law favors his profession but its far from an open and shut case

Spotted on Twitter:
"huge melee after car hit peaceful protestor."

:facepalm:

Trying to watch Argus radio livestream vids http://new.livestream.com/accounts/9035483/events/3271930 & follow bd at same time.

Gist of this past hr or so =
Protester-ppl on street, dk/black Honda on street encounters ppl there, not letting vehicle cont. on st.,
Honda inches forward, maybe touching ppl,
inc. white dude w tan backpack, w white t-shirt & {eta: not tan} med color baggy shorts, Also shaved head & scraggly beard & stache
ppl surround car, take vid of license plate W_BTUA??? on dk Honda.
Ppl catch LE attn, w ppl saying bn run over by this car.

LE directs driver to go to nearby parking lot & stop. He does.
2 LEOs walk over & tlk to driver.
Ppl crowd around, LEOs wave away & talk to driver.

Another vid shows 4-5-6 County & Ferg LEOs, and 10-12-15 ppl in a scrum, surrounding dude w tan packpack. LEOs trying to cuff him???

Twitter pic http://twitpic.com/ebw9hk says: "We finally get an arrest"
LEOs w white dude, salt & pepper hair, w yellow t-shirt "Ferguson__ " [I can't see rest] Arrest or not???

Did I get this right? Or halfway?
Anyone pls?

I was thinking the same thing, watching that video.

About 5 officers, two female, in regular uniform, surrounded and shoved and yelled at by a mob.

I would have had to use my "mom voice" on that crowd. :nono:

Sent via Tapatalk for S4

Yeah-- I was thinking the same thing. An incredibly dangerous situation for the officers, given the civil unrest of the past few weeks. And they didn't appear to be wearing vests (why??). They could easily have been assaulted, shot, or killed by someone in that mob, IMO. Based on that video, I think a strong case could be made that those mob people were interfering with officers trying to detain or arrest the white shirt guy.

Why, oh why, are they not arresting these lawless people in droves?? Why even have police at all? I feel so incredibly sorry for the officers. There is not enough money in the world for me to want to do a job like that.

Seeing this kind of behavior on video makes me care ever less, and less, about whatever it is they are supposedly protesting and upset about. They are depersonalizing themselves right before my very eyes. It's harder and harder for me to see anything remotely reasonable about what they are upset about, besides their bad behavior. I wonder if they have any level of realization that this kind of behavior makes some people, maybe a lot of people, care LESS about them and their issues, and demands? SMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid