MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
isn't spitting on someone considered assault? why weren't these "thugs" IMHO arrested on spot?! Yeah, I know . . . sorry for quoting my own post but no other StL media broadcast-ed the spitting incident now did they!? Kudos to Channel 11 IMHO for speaking the Truth

http://www.reuters.com/article/2007/03/08/us-crime-spitting-idUSN0727718920070308

A man who intentionally spat at another can be charged with criminal assault, a U.S. appeals court ruled on Wednesday.

So I guess it is a crime depending on the intent. Now I suppose if you are at a dinner party and accidently spit, that might be considered a social misdemeanor.

But these resources have already been in place. I hope the public is not being given the impression that these resources have come about because of the rioting.

If they were lowering it for this specific area when they are already getting relief I'm sure the citizens will not be agreeable with it. If they are lowering the bills it should be for everyone. jmo

The Ferguson Grand Jury needs to finish their job asap. The bitterness and hatefulness must end. I am astounded by the patience of the LE community who need to start loading their LEO paddy wagons with uncooperative protestors who have had a long time, about 6 weeks, to get over themselves.

Forgive those citizens for they know not what they do. The violent protestors are destroying their own community. Then, they will look to taxpayers to rebuild the Canfield area anew. That is hogwash. They busted the glass. They need to clean it up and replace it. One protestor stated at the CCM that she was tired of people telling her to get a job. What makes her think that what she is doing with her time is far more important than supporting herself and her family with gainful employment?

The time is now for the GJ to announce their findings so the community, or what's left of it, can begin to heal.

JMO

But these resources have already been in place. I hope the public is not being given the impression that these resources have come about because of the rioting.

That's the impression I had initially.

Flying the flag upside down is the traditional signal for real distress, like a ship or Fort.

On a semi-related note, I've been increasingly unnerved by the common theme of a Marxist-like revolution motive, coming from the "leaders" - political and professional agitators.

It's all over their bios, the slogans, the things protesters are saying now... I'm not sure how much of the plan is understood by the average protester.

:tinfoilhatmaybe:

Sent via Tapatalk for S4

People on twitter are ALL KIND OF upset about the "I am Darrin Wilson" bracelets

Ummm, maybe not normal for that specific restaurant, but not extraordinary for the area. Heck, wasn't it the Darst-Webbe projects that were within walking distance of that restaurant. Yeah, they've tried to revitalize the area, tore down the housing projects because they were so riddled with crime and falling apart, but the crime didn't just disappear completely.

again & respectfully I have to disagree -- I used to ride my bike from Budwesier Brewery to Lafayette Square Park sometimes at night with Zero problem; now, I don't even get on my bike & ride in my own 'hood for fear of someone knocking me off it before I can grab my weapon

Thank Gawd for CCW in MO -- and soon Open Carry will be here; too sad that society has reverted back to the Old West but when criminals are carrying illegally, us John Q Public should be able to carry, too, and let criminals know we are not afraid !!!

People on twitter are ALL KIND OF upset about the "I am Darrin Wilson" bracelets

LOL
Better to be upset about that than, lets say, the neighborhood going down the toilet by 'peaceful' protesters. Or by all the crime, shootings and killings all over north county.

Forgot, the latter isn't noteworthy or newsworthy.

ITA about making the wild protesters fix all they damage and anyone they arrest should be held accountable to do so.

or burp :laugh: or fart :laugh:

Thank you, LambChop, for your awesome moderating of this thread!

I don't think you can get arrested for burping or farting, or accidently spitting food even. :tomato: But, that may be a good reason to tell our children they need to chew with their mouths closed.

Saddest thing is how irrelevant any facts and injustice shown to have been done to Wilson will ever matter to them.

That's life in the city unfortunately IMO. Those 3 couples were going to get robbed whether MB incident happened or not unfortunately. My brother lives in south city near the shoe carnival and he has no concerns at all. They'll talk about Ferguson but not in terms of the riots spreading outside of Ferguson. Are there going to be the typical crimes/violence as there is every night in the city? Yepp. Will some of it, on this occasion be attributed to MB? Yepp. But by far and large, they're crimes that were going to happen regardless.

When I said 99% I was including surrounding areas, so I meant areas outside of St. Louis County, including St. Louis City, St. Charles County, Jefferson County and Franklin County. If only talking St. Louis County and St. Louis City solely, I'd guess 2/3 have no concerns. I really don't see any reason to worry unless you're in Ferguson/Jennings/etc. area. I could be wrong, but hope I'm right.

Sounds like what we said in the LA suburbs, until the Rodney King verdict was announced. Then all He!! broke loose. And it was ALL OVER the surrounding areas. Violence, looting, assaults, arson, shootings, people dragged out of their cars and beaten, home invasions. And it happened simultaneously, all over, and 911 was overwhelmed. No one answered any calls. Fires set all over the city--fire dept struggling to keep up. Police under siege. It was a nightmare.

wiki;
Thousands of people throughout the metropolitan area in Los Angeles rioted over six days following the announcement of the verdict.[2]

Widespread looting, assault, arson and murder occurred during the riots, and estimates of property damages topped one billion dollars. The rioting ended after soldiers from the California Army National Guard, the 7th Infantry Division, and Marines from 1st Marine Division were called in to stop the rioting after the local police could not handle the situation. In total, 53 people were killed during the riots and over 2,000 people were injured.[3][4]

They're all proud to wear "I am Mike Brown" t-shirts -- proudly proclaiming that they wish to be identified with the thuggish lifestyle. But don't let a cop dare show solidarity with another cop.

New thread with 11 more pages??? Must have been an exciting day. I better get to reading:)

Sounds like what we said in the LA suburbs, until the Rodney King verdict was announced. Then all He!! broke loose. And it was ALL OVER the surrounding areas. Violence, looting, assaults, arson, shootings, people dragged out of their cars and beaten, home invasions. And it happened simultaneously, all over, and 911 was overwhelmed. No one answered any calls. Fires set all over the city--fire dept struggling to keep up. Police under siege. It was a nightmare.
wiki;
Thousands of people throughout the metropolitan area in Los Angeles rioted over six days following the announcement of the verdict.[2]

Widespread looting, assault, arson and murder occurred during the riots, and estimates of property damages topped one billion dollars. The rioting ended after soldiers from the California Army National Guard, the 7th Infantry Division, and Marines from 1st Marine Division were called in to stop the rioting after the local police could not handle the situation. In total, 53 people were killed during the riots and over 2,000 people were injured.[3][4]

Better to be aware and prepared than to worry about percentages of places who may or may not be affected IMO. Especially if you have a family.

again & respectfully I have to disagree -- I used to ride my bike from Budwesier Brewery to Lafayette Square Park sometimes at night with Zero problem; now, I don't even get on my bike & ride in my own 'hood for fear of someone knocking me off it before I can grab my weapon

Thank Gawd for CCW in MO -- and soon Open Carry will be here; too sad that society has reverted back to the Old West but when criminals are carrying illegally, us John Q Public should be able to carry, too, and let criminals know we are not afraid !!!

Can I hang out with you? :giggle:

Yep. It doesn't serve any purpose to attempt to minimize what's been going on in Ferguson, or to attempt to minimize the potential fallout if/when the GJ returns a no true bill. Better to be prepared than to pretend it's not all that bad.

New thread with 11 more pages??? Must have been an exciting day. I better get to reading:)

IKR? I went to bed with thread 22 on page 37 and signed in this afternoon on thread 23 with 5 pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth