MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how the DOJ is given the trusted role of seeker and arbiter of truth about LE treatment of residents...

The same DOJ that wanted so much to keep that robbery video secret. :facepalm:

gonna bump this statement again 'cause it is TOTALLY important -- cannot wait for the mtg tonight at SLCCF (St Louis Community College - Florissant) with the DOJ

Kudos to FPD Chief for outing the video 'cause it would have been buried IMHO

thanks for sharing your experience! I assume that the powers that be are preparing for the worst & have Nat'L Guard on stand-by

I know my posse is ready for Hell to break lose in The Lou (again >15 miles from ground zero)

FYI the new fundraiser Bowling party for Officer Wilson is being tweeted about by MB supporters. Have y'all ever had any problems with protesters at the few events that you've attended?

So I guess this means no live feed tonight.

different mtgs, but I have not seen where tonight's DOJ mtg will be available & I am not willing to drive up there only to be harassed 'cause I'm blonde :)

Charles C. Johnson @ChuckCJohnson · 2m
BREAKING: Police officers confirm that New Black Panthers have "been handing out rifles to kill cops" once Wilson is acquitted. #Ferguson

Charles C. Johnson @ChuckCJohnson · 7m
New #Ferguson police sources AGAIN confirmed that #MichaelBrown had criminal record, family members were Bloods...

let's see what happens tonight

maybe the "protesters" will pull a psych like they did when failing miserably with the Lambs game protest

I have no doubt LE is ready to rumble tonight -- but not with "tanks" :laugh:

Isn't tonight the DOJ vent-about-Ferguson-LE fest at Florissant Community College?

BREAKING: Police officers confirm that New Black Panthers have "been handing out rifles to kill cops" once Wilson is acquitted. #Ferguson

New #Ferguson police sources AGAIN confirmed that #MichaelBrown had criminal record, family members were Bloods...

wow !!! just plain wow

My husband and I were in LA that day wandering around old haunts then stopped at Hollywood Park Racetrack, then to airport to p/u uncle. We got to my folks and all H*ll had broken loose as I looked at TV.

The next day I was going to work and my car broke down in racially diverse lower income area. Two white cops in one car pulled behind me since I was in a lane, then backed up starting to go around when they realized I wasn't going anywhere. I got out and blocked their passage unless they pulled a u-turn. They clearly didn't want to get out of their car, but finally helped moved my car out of roadway.

I pray LE is on the ready just in case, thing go from bad to worse to downright ugly in blink of an eye.

My daughter was about 3 weeks old. My son was 4 yrs old. My husband had to fly to England for work, a week earlier. My mom was going to come down and help the following week. The first afternoon of the riots, I was picking up my son from preschool, and we stopped at a park in Venice Beach. Some people were watching the verdict on a tv, in the outdoor cafe/bar nearby. As we walked by, a small crowd was forming around the TV. I poked my head in, and saw the newscaster discussing the unrest outside the courthouse. That was in south Central LA, and SEEMED very far away.

As we walked home , along the boardwalk, I noticed an edgy tension. Venice is a very diverse town. Very multicultural but things were always pretty cool. But it was suddenly very tense. I hurried my son back to the house and ran into my nervous neighbor. Her husband had called from Hollywood, and said the riots were breaking out. He was on his way home, but wanted her to go to his brothers house nearby. She said I should come, but I said no. I had all the newborns stuff there, too much to try and pack it up. I felt fine about staying home.

A few hours later, I was cowering in the bathroom, huddled with the kids, both crying, as bricks were being hurled onto the front porch. One of the neighbors houses had been set on fire, and the neighbors had to use hoses to try and put it out. Another neighbor had a home invasion, and was robbed. I think we weren't broken into because my big dog was barking at the front door. But it was a crazy night in Venice Beach. I had lived there for years, with no serious issues.

I left the next morning, and took a tense trip by car to a friends house in Ventura. It was scary as I left town because the street lights were out and people were driving erratically. No one wanted to be sitting at a red light and be pulled from their car, as some had been the night before. So it was scary. And when I was trying to get to the fwy, I saw several roving gangs of thugs, looking for targets. Luckily I was driving sa beat up VW, so no one took much notice of me.

But when I saw that man, Mr Cohen, being surrounded by those 'peaceful protestors' last Saturday, it really triggered old memories. That is exactly what happened during the riots. But the car windows would be smashed,and driver was often pulled from the car, and beaten and robbed.

Charles C. Johnson ‏@ChuckCJohnson 1m
BREAKING: Police officer confirms MO state senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal instigated riot in #Ferguson... Developing...

Charles C. Johnson ‏@ChuckCJohnson 3m
BREAKING: Police source confirms that police took fire during #Ferguson riots. "There are bullet holes in police vehicles."
Expand

Ha, I hope they arrest her.

FYI the new fundraiser Bowling party for Officer Wilson is being tweeted about by MB supporters. Have y'all ever had any problems with protesters at the few events that you've attended?

well, yes but they are always out numbered & led away if unruly; as you can guess most of the supporters are LE & LE supporters with CCWs at LE rallies ('cause we are supporting not only ODW but ALL LEO placing their lives on the line for US)

ppft - I am not scared of the protesters! I try to ignore them until they get in my face & then I walk away at the rallies -- it's been pretty easy until now that all this $h*t is coming out!

MB was a Blood just like his family is today IMHO (why else was he able to graduate from NHS) Gawd

So. It's come to this.
It's time to get rid of the rubber bullets.
I pray that no LEOs are harmed during this time, and I pray that no innocents are harmed. As for the rest of them....I hope every single one is decimated.

Absolutely disgusting.

I saw this posted on a FB page with pics of people rebuilding memorial.

Violence coupled with blind delusion...not a good combo :facepalm:

I'd go as far to say it can be a deadly combo

My daughter was about 3 weeks old. My son was 4 yrs old. My husband had to fly to England for work, a week earlier. My mom was going to come down and help the following week. The first afternoon of the riots, I was picking up my son from preschool, and we stopped at a park in Venice Beach. Some people were watching the verdict on a tv, in the outdoor cafe/bar nearby. As we walked by, a small crowd was forming around the TV. I poked my head in, and saw the newscaster discussing the unrest outside the courthouse. That was in south Central LA, and SEEMED very far away.

As we walked home , along the boardwalk, I noticed an edgy tension. Venice is a very diverse town. Very multicultural but things were always pretty cool. But it was suddenly very tense. I hurried my son back to the house and ran into my nervous neighbor. Her husband had called from Hollywood, and said the riots were breaking out. He was on his way home, but wanted her to go to his brothers house nearby. She said I should come, but I said no. I had all the newborns stuff there, too much to try and pack it up. I felt fine about staying home.

A few hours later, I was cowering in the bathroom, huddled with the kids, both crying, as bricks were being hurled onto the front porch. One of the neighbors houses had been set on fire, and the neighbors had to use hoses to try and put it out. Another neighbor had a home invasion, and was robbed. I think we weren't broken into because my big dog was barking at the front door. But it was a crazy night in Venice Beach. I had lived there for years, with no serious issues.

I left the next morning, and took a tense trip by car to a friends house in Ventura. It was scary as I left town because the street lights were out and people were driving erratically. No one wanted to be sitting at a red light and be pulled from their car, as some had been the night before. So it was scary. And when I was trying to get to the fwy, I saw several roving gangs of thugs, looking for targets. Luckily I was driving sa beat up VW, so no one took much notice of me.

But when I saw that man, Mr Cohen, being surrounded by those 'peaceful protestors' last Saturday, it really triggered old memories. That is exactly what happened during the riots. But the car windows would be smashed,and driver was often pulled from the car, and beaten and robbed.

Oh Katy :grouphug: How terrifying, I'm so sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CWM227