MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You all are on such a roll tonight! :floorlaugh:

I don't know about everyone else but when over 1/2 the people that went to that meeting tonight got up and left because DOJ said they would not discuss Officer Wilson, that did it for me. Here you are screaming, yelling in the street that you want justice, it's presented to you on a silver platter and you get up and walk out. That sent me over the edge.

OK-just looked it up and saw it. About an hour ago they posted that. Sounds about right. It's been rather quiet today. Too quiet....

I don't know about everyone else but when over 1/2 the people that went to that meeting tonight got up and left because DOJ said they would not discuss Officer Wilson, that did it for me. Here you are screaming, yelling in the street that you want justice, it's presented to you on a silver platter and you get up and walk out. That sent me over the edge.

Yes. One would think that if they had complaints about FPD they would stay and share then with the DOJ>

Dear Residents of Canfield Green:

We have been contacted this evening and asked to reach out to you. It is recommended that you exercise extreme caution this evening. If at all possible, please stay indoors. We have received information that malicious activity could be planned for tonight. Our residents are our top priority, and we will keep you informed as we gather more details. Please share this message with your neighbors, who may not have access to social media, email, etc.

Thank you, Canfield Green Management

from their FB page

There's a Piaget joke just waiting for one of you witty posters to run with. ;)

Well they have plenty of complaints. Just nothing specific.
Yes. One would think that if they had complaints about FPD they would stay and share then with the DOJ>

ITA
Bouncing off of this, another thing I was surprised to discover in the last few days is that this was the first such incident with an officer in so many years.

I had been under the impression that this was a last straw thing. Now, it feels more like a "how dare they ruin our control of the place" thing. :shrug:

While I'm in a confessional mood, I only clued in today to Klood-N's nick. :eek:

#JustPlainNyquilISwearIt

The officer was black according to your article, so though some may claim police brutality or whatever , I don't expect we will hear any racism claims.

And that would be the interesting part. Had a white officer done it then it would have been national news, and an act of racism. But a black officer did it then it may be seen as more justifiable since racism can't be blamed for it.

Before the officer was identified as black, rumors were swirling that the cop shot him in the back, and according to a one resident from the quoted news story (http://www.fox8live.com/story/26610...-by-houma-officer#.VCLFHq8S4lM.facebook <br/>) "As a citizen, I am outraged," said neighbor Felisha Williams "I believe that they could have apprehended the child without killing the child. That is my belief. I think that they have been through extensive training that they can go and get him without killing." said "

Most cops are extensively trained. As the article stated "The name of the deputy involved is being withheld at this time. Officers say that the deputy involved is an African-American, 7-year member of the patrol division, a field training officer and a member of the TPSO SWAT team."

So I don't think it was a matter of cops needing more "extensive training". It is more a matter of parents needing to do more basic "home training" (i.e. teach kids to obey laws, respect LE, avoid such incredibly foolish activities as brandishing guns while breaking into private property, don't point gun at LE, whether they are BB guns, toys guns or real guns).

Sad that, had the officer been white, we could have another "Ferguson" on our hands all over again.I was thankful to hear that the cop was black because it will save him from going thru what ODW is going thru.

Casey Nolen KSDK@CaseyNolen · 27s

#DOJ says already told #Ferguson Chief officers need to wear name badges at all times. Says "easy remedy"
Officers are wearing ID. People have been tweeting photos of their ID all day. :innocent:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 83
Poor Umar. He's still trying to make up for the No Football/No Basesball, No Justice flop last weekend.

Umar Lee&#8207;@STLAbuBadu·28 mins
Sh** gonna be real tonight #Ferguson

There's a Piaget joke just waiting for one of you witty posters to run with. ;)

OK - I'll give it my best shot....

Piaget heard that the teddy bear community was very upset about the tragic loss of so many innocent stuffed animals at the hands of the FPD, they have called in their own leader to start their own "peaceful protest." She saw the whole thing and even was able to take a photo of the leader of the New Black Teddy Bears.

disney-pixar-story-buddies-lotso.jpg

#NoJusticeNoSnuggles
#NoJusticeNoBedtimeStory
#NoJusticeNoNightNight

Two tweets possibly of interest
-----------------------

dopekid_dant &#8207;@dopekiddant1 48m man who hit the protestors Saturday was released and not charged

I hope that one is correct.

----------------------

Jasmine Huda &#8207;@jhuda 56m

Out of respect for #MikeBrown & #Canfield residents, Riverview Gardens @RGSD bus route adjusted to bypass memorials.

Really? They're modifying bus routes now because of that stupid memorial in the middle of the road?

Does anyone know if FPD officers have ever worn name badges?

Why do "residents" insist they have them now? Oh I know, so they can menace them in their own neighborhoods?
Where does the line of "public servant" end? I wonder how many cops are checking other employment opportunities? I would be so outta there!

What if the disruptive protesters were required to wear name tags? I mean, I know that's silly, just saying, that boat wouldn't float.

-----------------------

dopekid_dant &#8207;@dopekiddant1 48m man who hit the protestors Saturday was released and not charged

----------------------

Out of respect for #MikeBrown & #Canfield residents, Riverview Gardens @RGSD bus route adjusted to bypass memorials.

Really? They're modifying bus routes now because of that stupid memorial in the middle of the road?

Which would mean residents will now have to walk further to get their bus. That will go over well.

OK - I'll give it my best shot....

Piaget heard that the teddy bear community was very upset about the tragic loss of so many innocent stuffed animals at the hands of the FPD, they have called in their own leader to start their own "peaceful protest." She saw the whole thing and even was able to take a photo of the leader of the New Black Teddy Bears.

View attachment 59850

#NoJusticeNoSnuggles
#NoJusticeNoBedtimeStory
#NoJusticeNoNightNight

Is that the bear from Toy Story 3 :floorlaugh:

-----------------------

----------------------

Out of fear of.... #MikeBrown & #Canfield residents, Riverview Gardens @RGSD bus route adjusted to bypass memorials.

Is that better?

OT..
Saw this from the twitter about the email. You can delete if too OT.
I had no idea that domestic violence was that much higher in police officers families compared to the general population.
I wonder how it compares to other high stress jobs.

Two studies have found that at least 40% of police officer families experience domestic violence, (1, 2) in contrast to 10% of families in the general population.(3) A third study of older and more experienced officers found a rate of 24% (4), indicating that domestic violence is 2-4 times more common among police families than American families in general.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2014/09/police-officers-who-hit-their-wives-or-girlfriends/380329/

http://womenandpolicing.com/violencefs.asp#notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member