MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad you're a fellow supporter of journalists! I don't support looting or destruction in the name of protesting either. I was just responding to your post about the media only focusing on the LE being hostile towards the peaceful protesters. I was explaining that LE was hostile towards journalists as well as peaceful protesters, which is why I thought they might have focused on it so much in the news. I think they might have taken it personally. Just my thoughts! I too agree that LE should rightfully place those who hurt businesses and steal in jail. I just meant that those who were peacefully protesting were tear gassed and shot with rubber bullets. The group that included the state senator were tear gassed, shot with rubber bullets, and subjected to noise makers for sitting in the street. Supposedly someone threw something at the police. Even if that did happen, that's still a bit excessive to subject an otherwise peaceful group to IMO. IMO, the anger of the public is only being further ignited by the extreme tactics LE is taking. With so much existing animosity between the community and police, it's no wonder there's so much unrest. Again, I am NOT excusing anyone who used the protest as means to steal or damage businesses. I am however saying the LE's approach to crowd control was excessive, forceful, and added flames to an already burning fire.

I agree to a certain extent with the perception that LE may have employed an unnecessary show of force on August 13th.

I don't think it was necessary for officers to be sitting atop armored vehicles pointing assault rifles in the direction of the daytime peaceful protestors. Save that for the night time when the thugs come out.

But I also bear in mind that this all occurred as a direct response to the violence, looting, vandalism, and arson that occurred on Sunday, August 10th. Businesses were looted. The Quick Trip was burned to the ground. Employees of a local Wal-Mart barricaded themselves in as looters ransacked the store. Reporters were attacked. In some areas, LE reported that they were surrounded by an angry mob.

Looters smashed windows, took merchandise, ransacked and ATM and ultimately set fire to the QuikTrip. KMOX’s Michael Calhoun was on the scene as this all unfolded.

Several other businesses in the area were hit hard, including a Wal-Mart at I-270 and Dunn Road where more than a dozen employees reportedly barricaded themselves inside as looters made their way through the store.

Police in riot gear ringed the zone. In some areas, officers radioed that they were surrounded by an angry mob. Rocks and bottles were thrown, one hitting a St. Louis Post-Dispatch reporter in the head. Windows were smashed out of a KMOV-TV news vehicle.

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/08/10/looters-hit-ferguson-in-wake-of-police-shooting/

Context is important.

I think the peaceful protesters need to direct their anger at the looters, the vandals, the arsonists, and the thugs, rather than the police whose duty it is to enforce the law and protect the public.

During any large protest, there will always be those who will try to hi-jack the demonstrations with their own violent agendas. Unfortunately, the peaceful demonstrators get caught in the crossfire. It's unfair, but it goes with the territory.

CNN now- Capt Johnson saying reporters should be reporting the cheering people he saw this morning when he came into church. He said, "that is what they should be reporting". Oh.. I don't think he is helping too much right now imo.

Retweeted by FOX2now
Chris Regnier ‏@chrisregniertv 2m
Rev Sharpton says Michael Brown not on trial rather America on trial- also says black and white leadership one trial.

Sharpton and Jackson both need to sit down. Through all these years of their babble why have they not used their own money and opened corporations pay livable wages and put their own people to work (instead of trying to shame other groups of people). That would be good role modeling and impressive. Standing amongst the poor with empty words (america on trial) they both are so irritating. This generation could careless about what they have to say. Jmo

ciao

What do you mean by this?

New developments seem to be cropping up daily that have the potential to change the outcome of the situation. Is there something wrong with what I said?

Has the autopsy, or I should say, all 3 autopsies been released? Has a recording been produced that shows MB surrendering?

Or are these your opinions based on what you've seen and read in the news?

Whoa...like everyone else its based on the witness accounts I've heard, am I a target for y'all due to wanting justice for what I consider an unjust, excessive use of force, killing?

I don't get it..why those who believe Mike Brown should be dead or declare that he isn't a victim get a free pass here?

Has this now become a bullying tactic, intimidation tactic for me to stop being vocal. NOT...I will continue as I have and no one here will intimidate me into submission..

I have a voice as you all do...I think it's more than just that but that I will keep to myself..it's blatantly obvious to me...

CNN now- Capt Johnson saying reporters should be reporting the cheering people he saw this morning when he came into church. He said, "that is what they should be reporting". Oh.. I don't think he is helping too much right now imo.

Seriously? :facepalm:

New developments seem to be cropping up daily that have the potential to change the outcome of the situation. Is there something wrong with what I said?
No, not at all. I was just very interested in reading about what you seem to be struggling with. :)

Whoa...like everyone else its based on the witness accounts I've heard, am I a target for y'all due to wanting justice for what I consider an unjust, excessive use of force, killing?

I don't get it..why those who believe Mike Brown should be dead or declare that he isn't a victim get a free pass here?

Has this now become a bullying tactic, intimidation tactic for me to stop being vocal. NOT...I will continue as I have and no one here will intimidate me into submission..

I have a voice as you all do...I think it's more than just that but that I will keep to myself..it's blatantly obvious to me...

Have you ever wondered if or considered that ,POSSIBLY, the officer was under physical attack and HAD TO SHOOT? Just wondering if you had considered that possibility at all.

Obviously he hasn't been tried or convicted of anything considering you just said we don't know all of the facts. Him being on paid leave isn't a presumption. It's a fact. Wilson fatally shooting an unarmed teen multiple times isn't a presumption, it's a fact. Wilson, an officer for 6 years, shot an unarmed assailant multiple times in a span of a few minutes, that's a fact. He wasn't new to dealing with apprehending criminals and had just earned an award 6 months prior for his extraordinary effort, that's a fact. So why did an experienced officer shoot an unarmed teen multiple times during an altercation that lasted no longer than 3 minutes according to police? I'm not saying he deserves death row or a trial by any means. I'm saying I hold him responsible for his actions just as I do Brown. Given the circumstances that we have been presented with, I'm allowed to draw my own conclusion as it unfolds. Is it final? Nope. Did I say he deserved to go to jail? Nope. I was responding to a post questioning whether or not MB is a victim considering the surrounding facts we have at this time.

My reply was only about him being on paid leave, which is a fact yes. What I don't understand is why it matters? How should he be handled atm, keeping a presumption of innocence in mind?

Btw I never used the word YOU in my post, as you are absolutely entitled to your opinion and I wasn't saying you weren't. I used your post to make a point that was on my mind, in fact I used the word many because I wasn't referring to anyone in general.

No, not at all. I was just very interested in reading what you seem to be struggling with. :)

Ah! Ok just making sure I didn't say anything that could be taken offensively or anything :)

I'm struggling with finding out what actually happened between the officer stopping and MB collapsing. I wish there were video. There is always video of the most obscure thing, but when you need video to know what happened for something serious, it's not there! Frustrating :p

This is the actual study. Quickly, scanning through it, there are 2 obvious problems.

You are looking at the kinds of things one should be looking at when deciding whether you believe a study. I admit I only heard or read a headline and tossed it out there as a theory. I did not read the actual study and probably don't have the background to evaluate any studies on IQ properly.

I don't know whether or not this as anything to do with IQ but if you read old books, old newspapers, or old advertising, take note of the vocabulary level. What does that mean? It's a question, I don't know the answer.

About the lead, it makes a lot of sense that levels are gradually going down, what I'm getting at with the lead is the location of the looting areas and the location of lots of old housing stock. Very close. The location of where the looters are from (mostly not Ferguson) and location of the least desirable housing stock and living environment. Very close. People not from around here would not know this.

Have you ever wondered if or considered that ,POSSIBLY, the officer was under physical attack and HAD TO SHOOT? Just wondering if you had considered that possibility at all.

One shot not empty the weapon with last shot to the forehead.

Once the first two shots were fired, MB raised his hands up, at that point the officer was not being attacked, if one believes he was attacked. Take him into custody since he is entitled to due process..

I guess the head shot was just to make him stop suffering?

excessive use of force...

As if police are angelic. As if police don't falsify documents. As if the blue wall of silence doesn't exist..

Once the first two shots were fired, MB raised his hands up, at that point the officer was not being attacked, if one believes he was attacked. Take him into custody since he is entitled to due process..

As if police are angelic. As if police don't falsify documents. As if the blue wall of silence doesn't exist..

I agree that the last shots might be suspect. But what about the first ones? Why do you think the shooting started?

What if the officer was being attacked, punched in the face, fighting over the gun? Would the first shots be justified?

He then went on to stir the racial waters a bit. jmo He spoke about his son...my son, my black son etc

He was at the prayer service for Michael. I think he was trying to bond with the audience to help try and keep the peace tonight after curfew.

If he was running away, how did he end up dead a mere three feet from the officer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that the last shots might be suspect. But what about the first ones? Why do you think the shooting started?

What if the officer was being attacked, punched in the face, fighting over the gun? Would the first shots be justified?

If I believe the officer was under attack, fighting over the gun, Yes.

Yes, I believe the first shot was justified, can't say the shot to the back was, if that pans out to be true.

Do you have any police report that states that MB in fact put his hands up after the first 2 shots or are you only going off what "witnesses" have said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamagoldman