MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Says all determined to restore peace...to triumph over few people bent on destruction.

Taking questions.

2 - 3 random shootings between people out on the scene...not LE shootings.

Asked about National Guard, Johnson says "no".

when he first said he would take questions he looked to his right and asked someone "WHAT did you say to me?"

anybody catch what that was about? TIA

Chris Hayes on msnbc, doing a verbal 2-step, trying really hard to 'nicely' say that Capt. Johnsons tactics were not justified. lol

Were people in Ferguson getting shot, businesses looted/burned, etc., before Gov. Nixon removed the local police chief from operational control last Thursday?

when he first said he would take questions he looked to his right and asked someone "WHAT did you say to me?"

anybody catch what that was about? TIA

Nope, and I watched it again...couldn't catch it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was expecting the Capt to confirm what MSNBC has been reporting that "one person is dead" after tonight's unrest. I guess this means that the MSNBC report is false although they haven't issued a retraction yet.

msnbc
‏@msnbc
At least 1 dead as violence engulfs #Ferguson. Latest details from on the ground: http://on.msnbc.com/XtR8pQ

So Chris Hayes hemming and hawing, saying he didnt see any molotov cocktails, and he didnt know why LE would fire canisters on 'peaceful protestors, which included an 8 yr old' coming towards the command post. "They did not give any warning, and it was not past the curfew, so I am still unsure ....but I guess if there were shots fired at the police then..."

Maybe he should have asked why an 8 yr old would be marched towards a wall of police in riot gear in the first place?

The Capt turned to a reporter who asked how many people were injured. It was another reporter who asked the "what did you say?" question. The Captain then answered the 1st reporter's question.

CNN saying they will be discussing the autopsy findings shortly.

Were people in Ferguson getting shot, businesses looted/burned, etc., before Gov. Nixon removed the local police chief from operational control last Thursday?

I dont remember anyone getting shot then, but there was looting going on. IIRC

IIRC it was on Tim's stream, he/they were driving along looking at a previously recorded image on one of their devices: FPD had fired gas behind a group of protesters and then fired in front, forcing them to escape by running through the first cloud. niiiice!

:violin:

Yes. The CNN interview with Bernard Parks should be mandatory viewing for Capt. Johnson and the Gov. : Too many jurisdictions involved yet nobody in charge. No local public officials have stepped forward to offer leadership. It is ridiculous. Capt. Johnson upset his "can't we all just be friends approach failed." GMAB.

JMO

The other business that had been looted that I couldn't hear earlier was "a self storage business."

One of the reporters asked Captain Johnson about why people with children were subjected to tear gas.

That ridiculous question irks me to no end!

LE gave multiple warnings to disperse - in addition to using the LRAD for quite awhile.

To anyone complaining about their children being tear gassed - why didn't they leave when LE said "disperse or you will be subjected to arrest or other measures?"

Why didn't they leave when the LRAD was being used? That was a deafening sound! I had to mute my speakers - I can only imagine how loud it was there in person.

Furthermore - it's no secret that violence has occurred this past week. It's been all over the news. There's no way I would have taken my children out there and put them at risk of getting hurt or worse.

Teaching your children to participate in peaceful protest is one thing. But you sure as heck don't do it when you know there are violent thugs just waiting to harm someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briankap