MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Were people in Ferguson getting shot, businesses looted/burned, etc., before Gov. Nixon removed the local police chief from operational control last Thursday?

To answer more fully, here is my take on it. The first night or two, when Ferguson PD was in charge, they brought out the big tactical military gear. And the town was locked down tight, for sure. But the optics weren't good.

So they brought in Captain Johnson, as he grew up in Ferguson and seems to be a very intelligent, strong, sympathetic community leader. And 90% of the community seems to be behind him and trying to help. But those pesky 10%, who are violent, thuggy gangsters...not so much.

Johnson looked really weary and a bit dejected tonight. imo

So Chris Hayes hemming and hawing, saying he didnt see any molotov cocktails, and he didnt know why LE would fire canisters on 'peaceful protestors, which included an 8 yr old' coming towards the command post. "They did not give any warning, and it was not past the curfew, so I am still unsure ....but I guess if there were shots fired at the police then..."

Maybe he should have asked why an 8 yr old would be marched towards a wall of police in riot gear in the first place?

EXACTLY!!! What's wrong with these parents who take their children to the middle of volitile situations?

There was no 'live' presser on CNN. Nor any other news source.

In fact I turned off CBS because they were "updating" just enough info about the violence and the autopsy to put the worst possible spin on it.

CBS was my last bastion of hope for unbiased MSM reporting.

I wonder how those boots-on-the-ground reporters feel about what they see/hear/experience and submit to their media outlets and what those outlets put out on the air/in print.

Could you provide a link to that live presser that occurred in the last hour?

It was on the 'international' version of CNN, with the English accented black newscaster and I don't know his name. He is on CNN right now too for me.

Gov. Nixon: "I am directing the highly capable men and women of the Missouri National Guard to assist Colonel Ron Replogle and the Unified Command in restoring peace and order to this community.” Good grief.

From twitter: Tim Pool
Tim Pool @Timcast · 19m

We have left for now and are going to head back to get some rest. Stay tuned, Will have more updates tomorrow. #Ferguson

Yes, Capt. Johnson said he didn't think the National Guard would be called and ended his interview but as things become more apparent and communicated the governor must have thought it necessary. Also, Capt. Johnson said there were people that were creating violent problems and that the police thought it was premeditated, this could have really added to the National Guard call out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech