MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no way this guy should be dead in the street on a clear afternoon unless he drew a gun on the cop too. Im sorry. I have a lot of allowances that I can give the officer, But not shooting him and killing him in the middle of the street. Not over cigars. Not because he was running away.

How about id the guy assaulted the Police Officer, went for his gun and ran. When the PO yelled, "Freeze!" He turned and went after the PO. Then the PO shot the perp. What do you think then? The perp was 6'4" and almost 300 lbs.

That's not the way it works. LE is not *required* to stop pursuit just because the suspect runs away. (Even though that's clearly not what happened in this case.)

Can you imagine if the laws were structured that way? "I just killed that guy, but I ran away. You can't run after me because I'm fleeing!" Seriously? LOL!

How about all the Carjackers that steal cars and are on the news running away after beating people up and stealing cars, Ramming people with cars, Sure the cops pursue them but they don't just open fire.

I did not say he could not pursue but he should not have just been shooting at him while he was running away. IMO

So now that it's been released that MB was shot in the front, not in the back...has anyone changed their mind? Or at least changed their tune of "shot an unarmed man in the back as he ran away"? Just curious

Citation: Mr. Brown, 18, was also shot four times in the right arm, he said, adding that all the bullets were fired into his front.
From NY Times http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/08/1...was-shot-at-least-6-times.html?_r=0&referrer=

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

Not yet. Same people watch same news conference and read same preliminary autopsy report, but come away with two different opinions.

The difference is this is a community that has seen their children/ men gunned down with no recourse over and over and over.

Your 1.5 yr old is in your home and safe from you. This is a community that has to teach their boys how not to get killed because of the color of their skin. STILL. In 2014 Race is still something that can get you killed.

I think this cop over stepped and made a grave error. And I think he will end up being charged for it.

I think you're right in that he will end up being charged for it.

But, not because he SHOULD be. But, because if he isn't, there will be even bigger massacres. I mean, Obama's already in on this...

How about id the guy assaulted the Police Officer, went for his gun and ran. When the PO yelled, "Freeze!" He turned and went after the PO. Then the PO shot the perp. What do you think then? The perp was 6'4" and almost 300 lbs.

I don't see proof of that yet. Only the officers word. I need more back up for that. Some kind of proof of those events to believe it. I want to. I want to believe it. But right now I think this officer just lost control of the situation and overreacted.IMO

I don't see proof of that yet. Only the officers word. I need more back up for that. Some kind of proof of those events to believe it. I want to. I want to believe it. But right now I think this officer just lost control of the situation and overreacted.IMO

There's even less proof of the opposing claim. The autopsy doesn't back up the claimed "shot in back as surrendering" whatsoever.
What proof leads you to support the robbery suspect as victim, as opposed to the police officer?

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

We were just having a conversation about this last night. This officer HAS to be charged, he will be the scape goat so that they can say that he was in the wrong. I think this is completely wrong./ This officer has had an impeccable record on the force for 6 years, and now he is going to lose everything because that is the only way that the officials think will calm everything down. I believe that the officer should not be charged, he should be relocated to another state. And martial law go into effect 24/7 until things calm down. That way an innocent officer does not lose everything because these people want his head!!!!

BBM and THAT is one of the points of this whole thing.

I think Gov Nixon has just announced no curfew for tonight. Looking for a link.

Please forgive my ignorance, but is PVP-laced pot still around? Not being snarky, just asking.

I think even if no drugs in his system are found, the video of his altercation gives an idea of aggression displayed by MB that occurred only 10 minutes earlier. Whatever his state of mind was as he shoved the clerk then turned around and pushed him one last time before leaving, shows what his demeanor could have been minutes later when DW told them to get out of the street. JMO

Yes, perhaps; but most certainly the PCP would come out in the toxicology.

How would Baden have found gunshot residue anyway? The body would certainly have been washed before he ever did an examination.

If the private pathologists hired by the family agree that the two shots to the head were the last shots that hit MB, then how do the shots that may or may not have hit him in the arm from the back change the narrative that he was facing Officer Wilson when the final shots were fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste