MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
May I please ask again has anyone found out if there was gun residue on Michael Browns shirt?

Not that I am aware of. Keeping in mind that he (MB) was wearing a T-shirt. iirc short sleeves, there is one wound that could have penetrated the shirt first but the others there was no clothes, now the two head shots I am not sure, he was supposedly wearing a baseball cap, iirc.

I have a question about firearms/shooting etc. in an animal or human situation.

When you fire a gun at a moving "target" (for lack of a better word), would the velocity of the bullet hitting said target cause the target to pitch forward or blow backwards?

Does it depend on where the bullet strikes as to the forward/backward motion?

Does it depend from how far away the shot was fired?

Thank you for answering my questions. I am just trying to figure out the "body" response and how it would be in this case.

If the target is moving forward, the target would pitch forward when hit. If he is standing still, I believe he would blow backwards. This is opinion, but researching videos online may reveal the truth there.

In my unfortunate experience, targets moving forward fall forward when shot due to the momentum of their movement. JMO.

IF the officer were firing "wildly" (all over the place) maybe it would be possible. But this is an officer trained in small arms fire (they all are) and the shot pattern shows that the shots started at the hand and as the officer raised the weapon, firing rapidly, upward, the shot pattern reflects a diagonal pattern until the final shot to the head. That's physics and logic.

BBM. Thanks.

Tawny, would you mind looking at my question on post #683? I know you might be able to answer it. Thank you so much!

I am waiting for hubby to wake from his nap, he can answer it for you too. Since I have not heard a distance in between the two I am going to tell him to base his answer on 25 feet as the distance.

Exactly. He was not firing wildly, his shot pattern is direct and reflects the action of raising the weapon upwards.

I understand that is how it looks to you, but I have to look at The injury and the way that appendage moves. Even CW said it could have come from behind as he was moving away. It could be that he shot once and then continued shooting only after MB started approaching him. If his arms were raised in any way it, he could still get shot in the arm as he approached.

I actually considered the "exposed forearm" scenario, but my experience with rapid fire shot patterns eliminates it as a possibility.

Did you read my scenario? Post #666 :eek:

When running a lot of people turn their arms in and down to propel themselves. IT is possible as CW has said and other people. It is just a matter of physics.
It is possible that he got shot in the arm while running away and then turned and back to officer and received the rest of the shots facing him. But there is the possibility that he was shot while running away also. That can not be ruled out. IMO

As I posted before, if MB was shot from behind and then turned around, his arm would now be on the OPPOSITE side of where the officer was shooting... requiring a readjustment for the officer to be able to start back shooting where he had left off.

All of that just couldn't happen in an adrenaline filled pursuit.

Did you read my scenario? Post #666 :eek:

It's another plausible scenario.

Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time reconciling "hands up" with the shot pattern, and that disturbs me because so many witnesses said that was the case at first.

As I posted before, if MB was shot from behind and then turned around, his arm would now be on the OPPOSITE side of where the officer was shooting... requiring a readjustment for the officer to be able to start back shooting where he had left off.

All of that just couldn't happen in an adrenaline filled pursuit.

In your opinion. I can still see it and I also respect CW and Baden who said the same thing. It is possible there was a shot from behind that hit his forearm.
I have to consider it.

I also believe it was the shot to the eye that brought him down, and the last shot hit him in the upper part of the head as he fell. JMO.

This is a tough situation to watch unfold. My opinions change daily.

My god LE needs to be consistent this is huge part of the problem rules - Don lemmon was just moved back with others after being told to be there and being there for hours . ANy one gets frustrated when the rules dont make sense.

If you tell a kid no cookies and on MOnday he takes a cookie and nothing happens, then on TUes he takes a cookie and he is put in his room,

BY Wednesday the world has no order - does not have any choices - casue if it was consistent he could make the choice to take the cookie and get put in his room, if he wants to not be put in his room dont take the cookie .

It gives choices.

THey have a total right to protest about their beliefs, but LE has to give clear rules same with a speed limit if you go 40 and get a ticket then go 90 and nothing then go 70 and get a ticket does one feel like they have any control over their getting a ticket .

Can you imagine the mess once the nationial guard starts its stuff we have to many cops not knowing a master plan and that frustrates any individual in any situation this is becoming more and more a total mess

Would any of you think it would be wrong if they were given a space (park?) and let them voice there needs? Or would that be not first amendment stuff?

Retweeted by STLtoday
Greg Jonsson ‏@Jonssonville 6m
Marchers demanding to get in Nixon's satellite office in downtown St. Louis http://bit.ly/1rj27zg #ferguson

The Organization of Black Struggle began marching to Nixon's satellite office in downtown St. Louis shortly after 3 p.m. About 50 people at Kiener Plaza, saying the activation of the National Guard will escalate the situation. They also want the removal of Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson, the arrest of Darren Wilson, the officer who shot and killed Michael Brown, as well as the appointment of a special investigator.

Oh dear God :facepalm: Is the National Guard there yet?

I don't think he was firing wildly. I can absolutely see him saying stop and firing a shot and not continuing to shoot until MB turned around and addressed him. IMO

Nope. The firing pattern doesn't show that. Look at the evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KariGirl