MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
....finish presenting evidence to the grand jury “hopefully by the middle of October.”

grand juries sit for a basic term of 18 months but a court can extend this term for another 6 months, bringing the total possible term to 24 months; "special" federal grand juries sit for a basic term of 18 months but a court can extend their term for up to another 18 months

IMO, this is going to be a problem. From providing services in the correctionial system......most dienfanchased expericce with the that system, is very quick. If you notice the chant "Arrest him now" are prevelant.

Past expericces influance anyone and everyone as it relates to , IMO, current expectations.

In the insance the see and experance a "white" sytstem , which from the disenchased view are their concerns.

This, IMO, is going to be perceived as the "white" stalling etc......

I think in 3 weeks or so all this stuff is going to start over....and possibly spread to other comunites.

Lets throw in classic delays then the holidays, do in all liklihood what half a year - IMO, not going to be tolerated

MOO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Wolf_(journalist)

http://campus.udayton.edu/~grandjur/faq/faq4.htm

The MSM here is tweeting the donation site for Wilson

Do we have any map sleuthers around? I have been looking at an arrest record for a Mike Brown that some say is his record. there is currently a FOIA request for his record, but in the meantime, I have a question. The record says his address is

<modsnip>

I mapped it looks like it is in the middle of nowhere. Am I missing something?

Sstarr33, I googled it and it does not appear to be a valid address. Google does not recognize it and so instead directs you to this address, which as you note, is the middle of nowhere.

21 Anderson Rd

Moscow Mills, MO 63362

ETA so I would advise caution in taking any other info from whatever source this address is coming from with heavy doses of salt. JMO

who's on what side?

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/let-me-f...-with-rapper-talib-kweli-descends-into-chaos/

The video is midway down.

Kweli accused CNN of covering the protesters inaccurately, Lemon tried to fight back but Kweli did not like being interrupted and threatened to walk off-set a few times. The pair also spent several minutes arguing with each other over who approached whom in booking the rapper, with Kweli suggesting Lemon didn&#8217;t even respect him enough to know how to pronounce his last name.
At the start of the interview, Kweli said he&#8217;d come to Ferguson to help because he &#8220;felt it was important to control the narrative because the media has been doing a horrible job of making sure that the stories get out in the right way.&#8221;
Lemon disagreed, noting that &#8220;people in the community are actually coming up commending us on our coverage, saying that it&#8217;s balanced.&#8221; But Kweli pointed to an article on CNN&#8217;s website that characterized the protests as &#8220;calm until the bottles fly,&#8221; telling Lemon, &#8220;That&#8217;s not what happened.&#8221;

Troy MO is about an hour northwest of Ferguson - farm/livestock country

MB is not from Ferguson; it's been reported that he was visiting his gramma (that summer?) and NOTE he did graduate from Normandy HS which is where kids would go if they lived in that apt complex unless the student chooses to attend an accredited school within the StL metro area (well, schools that will accept them) - but that's a entire other discussion. I read where his mother's address is in East StL & I have not seen anything about where his father lives

I also am pointing out that MB attended multiple HS during his tenure based on the "victim profiles" I have read

A little info about MB's schools: "During his junior year, he attended McCluer High School in the neighboring Ferguson-Florissant district before returning his senior year to Normandy."

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_cbafa12e-7305-5fd7-8e0e-3139f472d130.html

Had to bring this from the previous thread

bwt42

Chris Matthews on MSMBC just asked renown Harvard professor Charles Ogleetree how do you know MB had his hands up. Answer, I saw it on televsion many times since the start + one shot to the back of the head. Matthews looked shocked & said he wouldn't make up his mind untill all the evidence is in.

This is absolutely shocking to me...idk who this guy is, but he obviously isn't some uneducated person, lacking critical thinking skills. Holy crap. :facepalm:

The other shocking thing is Chris. Matthews stating, "he wouldn't make up his mind until all the evidence is in."

In the last mayoral election, 12% of the total population of Ferguson, according to a show on 971talk.com. I don't know how that breaks down by race. It was on the Jamie Allman show, I think Monday morning's show. They may have replays on there. I recommend podcasts of Dave Glover's show and Jamie Allman's show on that station. I didn't hear much of Dana's show but it's usually reliable. They are all local and have a handle on the local culture.

vulture
Thanks for repeating above info.
I wonder if it is 12% of Ferguson's total pop.
After all, not all ppl in total pop are eligible to register to vote (under age 18, certain (all?) felony convictions, etc)
And of those eligible to vote, not all register.

IIRC, it was 12% percent of registered voters, but I certainly could be wrong.

And thanks for your posts w local insight.

Before 2010, when Jackson became the police chief in Ferguson, he was a member of the St. Louis Police Department for more than 30 years, serving as the commander of the St. Louis County Drug Task Force, SWAT team supervisor, ( when I saw this I thought, well that explains why he called out an army!) airplane and helicopter instructor pilot, undercover detective and hostage negotiator, the FloValley News reports.

Jackson received an associate's degree in Applied Life Science from Saint Louis Community College in 1983, a bachelor of science in Criminal Justice Management from Tarkio College in 1986 and a certificate in Criminal Justice Education from University of Virginia in 2005. He was also a graduate of the 221st Session of the FBI National Academy in 2005, according to FloValley News

http://www.ksdk.com/story/news/local/2014/08/19/ferguson-police-chief-thomas-jackson-bio/14289205/.

also amazed I cant find it what is the full name of the street where the rioting has occured TIA

Is website bumpy for you all?

ANother pic of him

https://www.google.com/search?q=Off...hows-16-two-years-younger-victim.html;634;708

Wanted to bring this over as well...
rob *

In Greer SC, yesterday it was reported that a man, stopped for not wearing a seatbelt (I believe a $25 fine) jumped out of his car, the officer told him to get back in, and he goes nuts, screaming 'go ahead, shoot me like MB'. Luckily, the officer had called for backup, and it was all recorded on his dash-cam.

http://www.wspa.com/story/26318726/g...-michael-brown

Maybe its going nationwide????

Oh, I left out the best part, his 4-5 yr old child was in the car!!!!!!!!!

That is crazy and Dr drew had on a cousin of MBs who stated...

In an exclusive interview on Wednesday, Dr. Drew spoke with Michael Brown's cousin, Ty Pruitt. According to Pruitt, we need to have a conversation about racism in America.

"White people are scared to talk about it and black people are too mad to talk about it, so we go in different directions," he said.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/08/20/michael-brown-shooting-cousin-speaks-dr-drew

He hit the nail on the head IMO

New video of his ceromony about 12 sec in!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...officer-darren-wilson-is-nowhere-to-be-found/

By the time police released his name on Friday, any social media accounts had been deactivated. Just one photograph of him emerged, apparently scraped from his father&#8217;s Facebook account by Yahoo! News before the account was deactivated.

Wonder by whom

&#8220;He&#8217;s had some advice to dive down a hole and take cover for now,&#8221; Bernstein said

He reacted just like you&#8217;re trained to be as a police officer. You fire at center mass. The largest part of the body of the threat. You&#8217;re not trained to fire a few times; you&#8217;re trained to fire until the threat is over, and that&#8217;s how you get home safely to your family.&#8221;

humm that is what the other ones did

He said they responded that night to help ambulance workers with an intoxicated woman of about 40 who was cursing and demanding to be taken to a hospital. He said Wilson told her several times to calm down, explaining he couldn&#8217;t let her in the ambulance if it would be dangerous for the paramedics.

n October 2003, court records show, Tyler Harris filed for limited guardianship of Darren Wilson,

He graduated in 2004 from St. Charles West, where he is listed on several pages of the yearbook. The first page shows him with a mop of hair, more like a surfer or rock star than the crew-cut police officer depicted in a recent photo. He was on the yearbook staff and played varsity hockey.

divorce was finalized on Nov. 18, 2013.

salary was $45,302.

......http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_6dc02633-19c6-5fef-8b34-f2e8237ab13f.html

....Jackson lauded Wilson for his handling of a suspicious vehicle call in which he had to struggle with a man in the car, according to a video of the commendation ceremony.Wilson, Jackson said, was &#8220;able to gain control of the subject and his car keys.&#8221; Later, officers discovered that the man was preparing a large quantity of marijuana for sale.

That night, Wilson received a department award for &#8220;outstanding police work.&#8221;

LindaNJ

so true

I don't know the stats, except that Chris Hayes said 67% AA in Ferguson (which is actually less than surrounding communities)... so if you count ALL stops made, in a year, say, it wouldn't look like profiling unless a much larger percentage than 67% of those stops were of African Americans. KWIM? JMO

I am headed to attend a visitation for a relative of friends that passed in about an hour. It is in Belleville, IL. It feels strange to be heading towards the MO border right now with all the unrest. I feel a bit nervous travelling because I remain convinced that at some point, this thing is going to blow even bigger than it already has and I want to be nowhere near when it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SPACECAT89