MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope this is okay to post

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/embed?mid=zQXCU9jTCWt8.k_AxWZwk4ODM

most of the looting has occurred along W Florissant Ave but as the map will show, it's happening in many areas; protesters are protesting all over StL, but specifically in Ferguson at the burned out QT (W Florissant Ave) & in front of the Ferguson police station (S Florissant Road); there are also protests in front of the StL County Court House which is in Clayton.

There will be a peaceful protest in support of Officer Wilson on Sat & Sun at a cop bar in south City

Love to know where MB resided and why. Often parents have lost touch with their own children these days. See it all the time in my experience with teens.
Also CNN had Danny Ceralis ?sp stating that best witness will probably be the new witness from today who lived in the area and saw a partial account through apartment windows from 2 rooms. Attorney felt that the new witness would be the most unbiased. I feel he lives in the area and has now been identified and would suffer a severe backlash if he stated something that benefited LE. And I also feel that many are now coming forward for their 15 mins of fame and to brush up against big politicians. Just not feeling it. Anyone else feel the same or have differing opinions. Do you feel that people hung back out of fear?

I didn't understand what his point is about white people being shot by police officers.
IMO he had nothing to offer except agitation and seemed to enjoy the spotlight. Wouldn't let there be dialogue, just rambling inflammatory monologue. Also kept referring to "my baby cuz". I wondered if he had been coached. I'm tiring of this. MSM should just pull out of the area and let investigation continue. People are now out to be photographed IMO.

I am headed to attend a visitation for a relative of friends that passed in about an hour. It is in Belleville, IL. It feels strange to be heading towards the MO border right now with all the unrest. I feel a bit nervous travelling because I remain convinced that at some point, this thing is going to blow even bigger than it already has and I want to be nowhere near when it does.
OT Stay safe and my condolences.

I respectfully disagree. White people are not allowed to talk about it. Those that do lose their jobs or their sports teams. White folk ain't stupid.

:cow:

The quote was....

"In an exclusive interview on Wednesday, Dr. Drew spoke with Michael Brown's cousin, Ty Pruitt. According to Pruitt, we need to have a conversation about racism in America.

"White people are scared to talk about it and black people are too mad to talk about it, so we go in different directions," he said

Maybe I'm not following you, but I read it as the idea most are "scared" to talk, is a direct result of feeling we're "not allowed" to talk about?

That's how I took the quote.

Eta:

Should I have watched the vid rather than relying on the "talking points?"

I didn't understand what his point is about white people being shot by police officers.

I didn't watch the vid, just looked at the bullet point highlights....

I guess I missed something?

I respectfully disagree. White people are not allowed to talk about it. Those that do lose their jobs or their sports teams. White folk ain't stupid.

Right! In this 'dialog on race' white people are not allowed to talk or have an opinion.
Also, nothing bad ever happens to us, we get all the benefits of everything, and we are all racists. Some of my best friends are black, and agree to everything I just wrote. (not that they think it, but agree that most of their race thinks it)

New video of his ceromony about 12 sec in!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...officer-darren-wilson-is-nowhere-to-be-found/

By the time police released his name on Friday, any social media accounts had been deactivated. Just one photograph of him emerged, apparently scraped from his father’s Facebook account by Yahoo! News before the account was deactivated.

Wonder by whom

“He’s had some advice to dive down a hole and take cover for now,” Bernstein said

He reacted just like you’re trained to be as a police officer. You fire at center mass. The largest part of the body of the threat. You’re not trained to fire a few times; you’re trained to fire until the threat is over, and that’s how you get home safely to your family.”

humm that is what the other ones did

He said they responded that night to help ambulance workers with an intoxicated woman of about 40 who was cursing and demanding to be taken to a hospital. He said Wilson told her several times to calm down, explaining he couldn’t let her in the ambulance if it would be dangerous for the paramedics.

n October 2003, court records show, Tyler Harris filed for limited guardianship of Darren Wilson,

He graduated in 2004 from St. Charles West, where he is listed on several pages of the yearbook. The first page shows him with a mop of hair, more like a surfer or rock star than the crew-cut police officer depicted in a recent photo. He was on the yearbook staff and played varsity hockey.

divorce was finalized on Nov. 18, 2013.

salary was $45,302.

......http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_6dc02633-19c6-5fef-8b34-f2e8237ab13f.html

....Jackson lauded Wilson for his handling of a suspicious vehicle call in which he had to struggle with a man in the car, according to a video of the commendation ceremony.Wilson, Jackson said, was “able to gain control of the subject and his car keys.” Later, officers discovered that the man was preparing a large quantity of marijuana for sale.

That night, Wilson received a department award for “outstanding police work.”

BBM

Hmmmm, no mention that the guy physically assaulted Wilson, and/or tried to take control of his weapon.

And I'm betting this guy wasn't 6'3" and 290+ lbs.

The quote was....

Maybe I'm not following you, but I read it as the idea most are "scared" to talk, is a direct result of feeling we're "not allowed" to talk about?
That's how I took the quote.

Eta:

Should I have watched the vid rather than relying on the "talking points?"

I don't believe most whites are "scared" to talk about race. I could give some thoughts in living color. However, if I do, I will get a TO or banned here. See how that goes? I'm smart enough not to say what I really think. From those I talk to, and what I read, his same behavior goes for most white people these days. Scared? 'ell NO, just smart enough to know the score.

Hope this is okay to post

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/embed?mid=zQXCU9jTCWt8.k_AxWZwk4ODM

most of the looting has occurred along W Florissant Ave but as the map will show, it's happening in many areas; protesters are protesting all over StL, but specifically in Ferguson at the burned out QT (W Florissant Ave) & in front of the Ferguson police station (S Florissant Road); there are also protests in front of the StL County Court House which is in Clayton.

There will be a peaceful protest in support of Officer Wilson on Sat & Sun at a cop bar in south City
Thanks for all that work!! I knew all of this kicked off right after the shooting and looking at that convinces me this has nothing to do with truth and justice in this case. jmo

Well, between grand juries in MO and GA, we are left with little to learn until who knows when. Maybe I need to read a book or something. OT JMO

Love to know where MB resided and why. Often parents have lost touch with their own children these days. See it all the time in my experience with teens.
Also CNN had Danny Ceralis ?sp stating that best witness will probably be the new witness from today who lived in the area and saw a partial account through apartment windows from 2 rooms. Attorney felt that the new witness would be the most unbiased. I feel he lives in the area and has now been identified and would suffer a severe backlash if he stated something that benefited LE. And I also feel that many are now coming forward for their 15 mins of fame and to brush up against big politicians. Just not feeling it. Anyone else feel the same or have differing opinions. Do you feel that people hung back out of fear?

I wonder why he is a new witness. Is he just now coming forward? If so, why did he wait so long. I'm not feeling it either. Because of the mindset in Ferguson,I'm having a problem believing any of the witnesses.

The Most Dangerous Cities in the United States: Top 10

1. Camden, New Jersey
  2. Flint, Michigan
  3. Detroit, Michigan
  4. Oakland, California
  5. St. Louis, Missouri
  6. Cleveland, Ohio
  7. Gary, Indiana
  8. Newark, New Jersey
  9. Bridgeport, Connecticut
  10. Birmingham, Alabama

http://www.examiner.com/article/most-dangerous-cities-2014-fbi

Before Ferguson, the officer worked two years for the now-defunct Jennings Police Department.

news.yahoo.com/video-ferguson-officer-darren-wilson-co

Jennings, Missouri

The population was 14,712 at the 2010 census.

, 5,847 households, and 3,782 families residing in the city

The City's Police Department was subject to corruption and ceased operations in 2011

The City of Jennings contracts with the St. Louis County Police Department to provide professional police services to the city.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennings,_Missouri

Since we've learned officer Wilson had an injury to his eye, it makes me wonder if it was his dominant eye.

While we're all speculating I'd like for people to try an exercise which affects shooting a gun and accuracy.

Hold one arm out with one finger upward. With both eyes open cover an object across the room with that one finger and both eyes open. (I/E a sugar bowl, bottle, smaller picture) Now keeping the object covered and in the same place, alternate both left and right eye open and close, one at a time.

Does one eye make the object move?

Yes, it does for me.

On the subject of Wilson's eye injury, I am quite shocked he was able to hit MB at all.

I just imagine the fear I would feel if I had just been attacked, beaten, someone tried to take my gun, then a big guy comes at me and my vision is impaired. Just scary stuff to me.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/let-me-f...-with-rapper-talib-kweli-descends-into-chaos/

The video is midway down.

Kweli accused CNN of covering the protesters inaccurately, Lemon tried to fight back but Kweli did not like being interrupted and threatened to walk off-set a few times. The pair also spent several minutes arguing with each other over who approached whom in booking the rapper, with Kweli suggesting Lemon didn’t even respect him enough to know how to pronounce his last name.
At the start of the interview, Kweli said he’d come to Ferguson to help because he “felt it was important to control the narrative because the media has been doing a horrible job of making sure that the stories get out in the right way.”
Lemon disagreed, noting that “people in the community are actually coming up commending us on our coverage, saying that it’s balanced.” But Kweli pointed to an article on CNN’s website that characterized the protests as “calm until the bottles fly,” telling Lemon, “That’s not what happened.”

Nope I have no time for that I would have walked off the interview myself no need to hear what he had to say. Kweli proved he had no intention on listening to the other side of even something as silly as learning the proper way to do an interview. I would have said my time doing interviews in valuable so when you learn to speak to others I will get back to you.

The Most Dangerous Cities in the United States: Top 10

1. Camden, New Jersey
  2. Flint, Michigan
  3. Detroit, Michigan
  4. Oakland, California
  5. St. Louis, Missouri
  6. Cleveland, Ohio
  7. Gary, Indiana
  8. Newark, New Jersey
  9. Bridgeport, Connecticut
  10. Birmingham, Alabama

http://www.examiner.com/article/most-dangerous-cities-2014-fbi

CARIIS, guess we have to be a little skeptical when considering statistics, etc.. I've been researching crime statistics for a few years and IMO, ya just have to consider the sources...Sad huh? There is a term used by many familiar with crime statistics; 'deep sixing'.. Crime stats and commerce, etc., go hand in hand...
Example; The Truth About Chicago's Crime Rates | Chicago magazine ...
http://www.chicagomag.com/Chicago-Magazine/May-2014/Chicago-crime-rates/

Chicago
The city's drop in crime has been nothing short of miraculous. ... Published April 7, 2014, at 9:36 a.m. .... asked or pressured by their superiors to reclassify their incident reports or in which their reports were changed by some invisible hand.
Forbes The 10 Most Dangerous U.S. Cities; http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mlj45jggj/2-st-louis/

#1. Detroit, Michigan

#2. St. Louis, Missouri
Population: 320,454
Violent crime rate: 1,857 per 100,000 residents
Lying directly in the path of major drug-trafficking routes, St. Louis has been plagued by murders and other violent crimes for years. The crime rate fell 4% last year -- and it's down 50% from the crack epidemic days of the early 1990s -- but St. Louis still ranked fourth in the nation for murders.

Can someone tell me where MB was shot,referring to his body? Was he shot in the head?

CNN saying Wilson did NOT have a broken eye socket, did have a swollen face. X-ray negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsHansford24