MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, she was. That makes it even worse. She is a 30-something year old mother, should she have known better? She also let her husband drink after driving, shouldn't she have known better? Shouldn't she have known better than to deal with police in that way?

But we have no problem telling an 18-year old boy that he should've known better.

JMO.

I would have no problem telling Reese she should have known better. Or a friend, or a family member

PS: didn't Reese issue a statement of apology? It's been so long I've forgotten.

ETA: nevermind, no need to muck up this thread with OT talk of Reese

Not quite sure what this has to do with this case, except to show different people defy and are disrespectful to LE?

What she did was wrong, no matter if she was 18 or in her 30's. She definitely should have known better. I'm just thankful she didn't assault LE or try to take his gun.

It didn't escalate further, even given her bad behavior, because LE was calm with her and treating her with respect. They were saying "m'am, m'am" to her throughout. The officer was calm.

We have no video of how OW was treating MB. Based on the conclusion of what happened, I am guessing that neither side, OW or MB, was treating each other with respect. The problem is that, even thought it's WRONG to not respect LE, LE is trained in this (people talking back to them or not obeying orders), they go through training, practice, and drills to deal with it, and let's not forget the major point that they are ARMED.

What I'm saying is that not many people like getting into any situation with LE, even if it's a simple traffic ticket. And LE knows this, and they are trained on how to deal with this reaction.

Furthermore, we do not know what OW said or did during the encounter. It is my guess that he was not being respectful to MB, and MB was not being respectful to him.

I don't get why this point is lost on people?

JMO.

Right, and i am not against nothing you just said tiger. I am that way right now, although i am just 31, but when i was 18, omg i am surprised i escaped jail. Just being honest, and my dad who was a gov in prison over here, would tell me, your be here one day, so i guess i overcome all that BS that you go through as a teen.

Thanks for being here, I for one, really appreciate your unique perspective! JMO

Nailed it, right! most 18 year olds never know any better lol its called learnt behavior.

I absolutely disagree.

I don't think most 18 yo have been taught that it's acceptable to drink and drive and argue with LE. Maybe some 18 yo have parents that haven't bothered teaching them certain things. But I honestly can't fathom a parent purposely teaching their kids to disrespect LE and drink and drive.

No one expects 5 year olds to know better, which is why they are ALWAYS supervised by adults!

If an 18 year old did not realize that robbing stores and attacking police officers is "wrong and dangerous" then his family never should have allowed him to go in public unsupervised as obviously such an individual would have some sort of mental impairment and need constant supervision for their own safety.

Young people do stupid sh** all the time. Including theft and sometimes robbery, sometimes a lot worse things they get caught up in. Haven't you ever heard of "got caught up in the wrong crowd." People make mistakes, we are human.

If you are asked to post a link, please post the link if you have one. If you do not have one, then please state so in your post. If you wish a link to be posted you can request it. Do not attack other posters when they ask you to post your link. This post is not directed to any one poster.

And let me add that any poster that responds in a snarly way the post will be taken down. You all were being respectful this morning we just are not going to tolerate it this afternoon. POST RESPONSIBLY.

Young people do stupid sh** all the time. Including theft and sometimes robbery, sometimes a lot worse things they get caught up in. Haven't you ever heard of "got caught up in the wrong crowd." People make mistakes, we are human.

And mistakes have consequences. When the mistakes involved robbery and assaulting police officers yes the consequence CAN BE DEATH.

bbm Yes people do makes mistakes, but this falls under decision making and he made the wrong decision. jmo There's no mistake about that. jmo

The law disagrees with you.

I believe, correct me if I am mistaken, that a Grand Jury will decide whether or not there is probable cause to believe that a crime may have been committed by Officer Wilson. No true bill will end the prosecution. The prosecutor should never have taken this to a GJ, if the prosecutor does not believe there is probable cause. JMO JMO JMO

I absolutely disagree.

I don't think most 18 yo have been taught that it's acceptable to drink and drive and argue with LE. Maybe some 18 yo have parents that haven't bothered teaching them certain things. But I honestly can't fathom a parent purposely teaching their kids to disrespect LE and drink and drive.
Missing my point, i dont mean all lol when i refer to learnt behavior, i am talking about MB peers, his environment etc. Not saying that his parents are rooting for him to get himself killed, but he is 18 years of age. Some mature quicker than others, whats the issue?

Damn, wasnt one shot enough! Sickening, feel for the parents and only them.

Apparently not, because it didn't stop the threat (which is why ANYONE shoots in the first place). It is sickening that it had to be done in the first place. I feel for officer Wilson and the fact that it had to come to this. He has to live with taking someone's life. But, when it comes down to me or someone else, it's someone else every, single time.

I've said this at least 10 times....if the other side is admitting to this, especially when using such specific--some might argue sanitized--word choices, then it's likely even worse than the way they're presenting it.

It's interesting to me that when describing the "major altercation" he never once describes OWs actions, ie., the officer was hitting, punching, or forcibly restraining MB.

Also, his evolution of these admissions likely mirror the way DJ changed his story, b/c let's be real, telling a reporter that MB was "shot down like a dog" is an experience that is in no way comparable to relating what happened when you're questioned by police, and/or federal officers.

I think it might be a little unrealistic to expect DJ to be thinking logically and clearly right after his friend was gunned down in front of him. Emotions were running high, and it probably DID feel like his friend had been "shot down like a dog" in that moment. I wouldn't hold DJ's grief-stricken remarks against him.

Wrong thread.
And whatever the point...it was lost on me.

I never claimed there was a shortage of stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:eek:hwow: :lol: :giggle:
gotta love Linda. ;)

Thats the way its meant to be lol, but when parents have been abused or neglected themselves, how can we expect all of that from them. Not always as easy but thats the plan lol

Parenting is not easy at all. This forum has thousands of now parents, that were abused and neglected as children. They all made decisions to do better.

You can always use your upbringing (or lack of upbringing) as an excuse OR motivation.

I could use the excuse of an alcoholic parent as the reason I'm an alcoholic and have plenty of people tell me it's okay, I can't help it, boo-hoo, poor me.
OR
I choose to use it as motivation NOT to be. See how that works? Now my children have all the great benefits that I didn't have. All because I made a choice .

It all boils down to personal responsibility. If you don't expect more, you won't get more.

there is a warrant out for his arrest in Jefferson City & DJ already has a history of lying to LE

http://www.abc17news.com/news/key-witness-in-ferguson-wanted-in-jefferson-city/27624066

and DJ stated he was hiding behind another car when the altercation/shooting went down

To anyone who cares to take a guess---------
Is there a reason why LE hasn't acted on D's outstanding warrant (s)?
Could LE be waiting for the GJ to meet for this case?
Esp if DJ is possibly called as a witness> tia

ETA I have been waiting for more info on MB and his upbringing to give me an idea of who he was and were he came from. I am not posting this because I think He was guiltless or guilty. I am interested in what dynamics went into the day the shooting occurred. I am glad to know more about this young man and his life before that day.

Thanks for posting this. This is all very interesting to me.

In cases like this, we always hear of at least one friend coming forward saying how great the deceased was, etc. etc. I haven't seen that in this case (friends, not family), unless I missed it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214