MO - Grief & protests follow shooting of teen Michael Brown #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Baden is on fox tight now. Talking about how "there probably won't be significant differences Among the 3 autopsies, however the the interpretations can be different.

Said he is disappointed that MB lay in the street for so long, and states ITS NOT NORMAL TO DO THAT, and compares it to a fatality from a car crash.

From what I read, and heard, this is completely untrue.

Maybe someone should send him the video that one of the bystanders recorded. I watched an officer place a sheet over MB.

Apparently not, because it didn't stop the threat (which is why ANYONE shoots in the first place). It is sickening that it had to be done in the first place. I feel for officer Wilson and the fact that it had to come to this. He has to live with taking someone's life. But, when it comes down to me or someone else, it's someone else every, single time.
He should have used a taser instead if he felt like MB was going to kill him...which i do not believe and will take to my grave JMO. It is what it is, i feel for the parents and of course MB. Never even got to go to college. So sad

Nailed it, right! most 18 year olds never know any better lol its called learnt behavior.

Highly disagree.
6 year old kids know NOT to steal.
6 year olds know not to block the street.
6 year old kids know to respect authority ie LE.
18 year olds are adults and get no pass from me.

BBM
WOW. In the course of 50 seconds or less from start to finish? Just wow. No wonder he looks so confused and shocked after the shooting. This whole tragedy happened in the blink of an eye. He sees 2 kids walking in the street, figures he is going to order them onto the sidewalk, and be done with it....Seconds later he is fighting over his weapon in a life and death struggle. :eek:

And, crazier than that... those shots took 2-4 seconds to fire.

Right and i get where your coming from, with the breaking the law, MB being in an altercation with the officer in the car, if thats true. But he did not derserve to be shot dead for none of that, where i am coming from...

but but how canthat be said when we don't know the whole story?

Watching both Michael Brady videos, to me he's saying 2 different things about the gunshots at the car. In the ACooper interview he talks about the 2 shots at the car window as if he did hear the shots. In the longer CNBC video he says he didn't hear any shots, himself before the fatal shots were fired. Hmm.

at about 4:50 in this MSNBC video he didn't hear any shots at the car because he was in his house and never heard shots http://www.msnbc.com/the-last-word/...fo-in-brown-shooting-320756803662#discussions

at about 6:30 in this CNN video he says he watched from his window and the officer shoots "a couple of times" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYqrAhpo_w4

Well, you know.. if evidence doesn't fit your story.. change your story...

Parenting is not easy at all. This forum has thousands of now parents, that were abused and neglected as children. They all made decisions to do better.

You can always use your upbringing (or lack of upbringing) as an excuse OR motivation.

I could use the excuse of an alcoholic parent as the reason I'm an alcoholic and have plenty of people tell me it's okay, I can't help it, boo-hoo, poor me.
OR
I choose to use it as motivation NOT to be. See how that works? Now my children have all the great benefits that I didn't have. All because I made a choice .

It all boils down to personal responsibility. If you don't expect more, you won't get more.
But that is you, every persons strength is different, so its not an excuse when you hear parents of children talk about there childhood. Only way you can make the link. I get your point, as i said when i turned 19, i knew what i had to do but ill be dammed if i was shot dead by an officer over telling him to get lost, or a struggle or fight. Am i to believe someone with a gun and other tools, is afraid of there life? Not buying it today, tomorrow or when i rest. JMO

OW drove on then backed up and supposedly said what did you say? Did they smart mouth OW as he drove by?

Re:choking. OW grabbed MB with what I assume to be his non dominate arm (left). Leverage seem to be on MB side. OW was in a confined space, severe disadvantage IMO. Eric Garner choke hold death is in the news, throw in a smidge of recent LE on black death.

From original released statement of DJ-
The officer demanded that the two “get the f—k on the sidewalk,” Johnson says. “His exact words were get the f—k on the sidewalk.”

After telling the officer that they were almost at their destination, Johnson’s house, the two continued walking. But as they did, Johnson says the officer slammed his brakes and threw his truck in reverse, nearly hitting them.

Now, in line with the officer’s driver’s side door, they could see the officer’s face. They heard him say something to the effect of, “what’d you say?” At the same time, Johnson says the officer attempted to thrust his door open but the door slammed into Brown and bounced closed. Johnson says the officer, with his left hand, grabbed Brown by the neck.

“I could see the muscles in his forearm,” Johnson said. “Mike was trying to get away from being choked.”

Do you have the video of the punch in the face and this terrible attack and gun snatching?? I am itching to see it. AND even after i see that, did he derseve to be shot??? Not in my book. Sorry lol
ubm

In the US it is against the law to attack LEO's. Shooting by LE who've been attacked is NOT against the law.

EVERYONE is entitled to their own opinion. As long as they are discussing the case, it's fine. That's what we do here - discuss our own views on crime cases. At this point, most members appear to have chosen their view and probably won't change their minds unless a new smoking gun is introduced in the MSM. That's okay. If you've made your point, you've made your point.

I'll open this back up after everyone is done taking a nice deep breath.
:grouphug:

Okay, back to :gathering: :gathering: :gathering:

Remember, to make your point it's always good to have your links ready. :findinglink:

And it's okay to agree to disagree. It's a lot better than having the mods get in the middle :judge: , or even worse, the admin to visit. :saber:

:ufo:

I'm going to open this up again so you guys can enjoy your discussion.
:yes:

I finally got logged in, but I can't find video of the news conference. Is this link just for live coverage? Thanks for posting the link.

Sorry I left you hanging. I had the perfect lighting in my bay window ( cloud coverage has stopped me all week) to have a mini back to school photo shoot with my kids. Looks like I got back just in time.

If you go to the link http://www.cnn.com/cnnx/?sessionToke...kpPyPV9ZygoITB click on 1pm and under that you should see the different segments.

thank goodness I copied before hitting submit to find a locked thread

Missing my point, i dont mean all lol when i refer to learnt behavior, i am talking about MB peers, his environment etc. Not saying that his parents are rooting for him to get himself killed, but he is 18 years of age. Some mature quicker than others, whats the issue?

I do agree with you about MB, his peers, his environment and learnt behaviors. I read an article last night that gave more insight into MB's life, his upbringing and the challenges he faced. I am sure they were not uncommon from the life, upbringing and challenges of his peers.

I believe that those factored greatly into the decisions he was making and it is very sad to me that his life has ended when it had barely begun. aa9511 made points about humans make mistakes, young people are at risk of falling in with bad crowds etc. (s)he also raised good points regarding those factors. It is heartbreaking that MB's mistakes may have been in part responsible for his life ending there on the street that day. But that is why parents fear their children getting in with those crowds who lead them astray and why parents lose sleep at night worrying that their child may be headed down the wrong path. Because we know our babies could end up with life changing or life ending consequences for stupid young decisions.

Thank you for sharing your perspective and personal experiences as a young man who escaped making those type of mistakes that could have such serious consequences as prison or death. And thank you for working with youth to try to help them do the same.

Maybe someone should send him the video that one of the bystanders recorded. I watched an officer place a sheet over MB.

I think he was referring to MB not being moved from the street for apprx. 5 hours.

He should have used a taser instead if he felt like MB was going to kill him...which i do not believe and will take to my grave JMO. It is what it is, i feel for the parents and of course MB. Never even got to go to college. So sad

We are all entitled to our opinions, but opinions don't make up protocol.

If someone punches you in the eye socket and busts your eye socket and fights you for your gun, you don't reach for a tazer to protect yourself. You don't have to have a protocol in place to know this. That's just common sense.

Is it a tragedy that someone got shot and died? It is.

Is it a tragedy that MB made some really bad decisions that led to his death. It REALLY is.

Is it a tragedy that Officer Wilson now has to live with using his gun to kill a suspect? It REALLY, REALLY is.

I'd like those who question Officer Wilson's action to step back for a moment and evaluate facts & options, using logic, not emotion.

1. FACT: OW got punched by MB in eye socket, blew out OW eye socket. (This is a felony.)
2. FACT: MB not only TOUCHED OW gun but he tried to get it. (Also a felony.)
3. LOGIC: If MB was trying to get OW gun, he was trying to disarm OW for the purposes of killing OW.
4. LOGIC: If MB had gotten OW gun, he would have likely killed OW.
5. FACT: OW was able to stop MB from getting his gun.
6. FACT: OW had a hold of his gun (because he had stopped MB from getting it and gun, allegedly, went off.)
7. FACT: In order for OW to use a tazer (if available), OW would have had to properly re-holster his gun (which could have required exiting the car depending on how OW gun position and body position ended up in the struggle), retrieve his tazer, and prepare it for use.
8. FACT: During the course of #7, given MB's past 15-20 seconds of behavior, it is highly likely MB would have continued his assault on OW and very likely another gun struggle would have/could have occurred.
9. FACT: OW life was in danger.
10. FACT: Given the above facts & logic, the only recourse OW had was to use his gun to stop the suspect.

If I am off here, please, feel free to counter with facts (and links) and please explain, logically (without emotion) why I am off.

had MB been hustled away quickly there would be those who took that to indicate the incident was being hushed up and covered up. Instead a major crime scene was roped off and investigated (ostensibly) for five hours.

Lose lose either way. MOO. No matter which way it was handled.

I think he was referring to MB not being moved from the street for apprx. 5 hours.

I noticed that this question keeps being asked with no answer given. Could it have been because it involved an officer who was involved in a shooting death?

Young people do stupid sh** all the time. Including theft and sometimes robbery, sometimes a lot worse things they get caught up in. Haven't you ever heard of "got caught up in the wrong crowd." People make mistakes, we are human.

Yup young adults make stupid decisions, and sometimes those actions end up having no dire consequences, and we all grow up and live happily ever after.

Yet, many, many, many times teens or young adults make stupid mistakes--often fueled by drink and/or drugs--and the results are tragic and often deadly.

And many times, those stupid behaviors aren't driven or based on malice or deliberate ill intentions.

For example, a young group of women go out for a birthday celebration to a local club. One girl meets a cute guy and they hit it off and decide to leave together. How many young women have ended up raped and sometimes murdered b/c of that type of decision.

How many times is a young person involved in a fatal car crash b/c they were trying to text and drive? What happens when they survive the crash, but they end up killing some innocent person who had just run out to pick up a quart of milk?

What about the young college guy who is getting his morning coffee at Starbucks and an armed robber comes in, and college boy decides to try and intervene and is shot and killed for his impulsive, some would say stupid actions?

In this case, we have a young man who appears to have made both impulsive and stupid decisions, as his family's lawyer admits, "at the very beginning, at the car, there was a very serious situation between Michael and the officer, without question, in which there may have been blow -they had an altercation.

And at some point, the officer's gun may have come out and a shot's fired."

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/the-ke.../3739124713001]

Do you honestly believe that if DJ went on the record to police that OW pulled his gun with no acceptable reason, and shot MB at the car, the family's lawyers wouldn't be saying that on TV? Why are they trying to minimize it by saying "but that's not what got him killed?"

So yes, sometimes teens make stupid mistakes, and it doesn't mean they should die from them, and yet sometimes they do. MB making the stupid mistake of assaulting an officer with a strong indication that he tried going for his gun was a stupid mistake which was bound to turn deadly.

JMO

Last shot killed him. He wouldn't be conscious.

And, I'm going to tell you- I'm not buying that conclusion (not what you're saying jjenny- what the "experts" are saying.) I think it was the first shot in the head that killed him. I mean, not that it really matters (unless I'm missing something- am I?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Solange