GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This entire tragedy seems very off to me!

Is this man a Pedophile?
Or
Is there a different motive?

Was he offered money to take a child? He has access!

If he is a pedophile this is NOT the first time I don't think he would have gone thru his entire life not touching a child.

He has not moved around.
PPL that know him are shocked.
Hes a teacher!
Hes in a band!

Just because hes never married means nothing!

Many men with aspergers are smart and can become teachers but remain unmarried they are loners so there are many explanations for that.

Something just seems off in all this.

I agree. This whole case is so bizarre that someone of his age would not have any prior charges, let alone accusations, of being inappropriate around kids or having signs of anger, violence, etc. The poster on here whose friend's son had ISS with this man this week said they chatted about puppies, horses, & sports!? This story is so strange and I think that is what makes it even more terrifying because everything we've heard so far doesn't fit the norm for these situations.

Also, I don't think the fact that CW is a hunter makes any difference to the case. Hunting is an extremely popular sport across the entire state of Missouri.

IMO I bet the judge could not make him pay for his own attorney in this case....the way legal stuff goes they are still gonna say "innocent until proven guilty." You know how their rights have to be protected as the victim HAS no rights............rolling my eyes here. :banghead::banghead:

The public defender thing is weird to me because I thought you could be denied a public defender if you meet a certain income threshold.

The local TV channel KSPR is putting pictures of Woods on Facebook that shows him smiling and playing in the band. The people of Springfield are VERY upset that the news cahnnel keeps putting up "normal " pictures of him. Also, if Phelps shows up here I am not sure how close he thinks he will get. This town is pretty upset with all that has been happening.

I hope Hailey's family sues him for every cent of that 1 million!

I was going to say that when I posted about the attorney, but I got to thinking a little more about it and decided maybe not.

IMO that's dirty money. I wouldn't want one penny from that man. What I would want to see is for him to be put to death, and not to want to waste another dollar of taxpayer money defending that .

If anything...maybe he could sign the money over to his parents who could donate a nice chunk to a memorial or something like that, which IMO would be really nice. That way the money could still be spent on her MEMORY but not something that the family would necessarily "profit" from...KWIM?

JMO of course...I couldn't live day to day on that money, it's blood money. :(

It's very suspicious to me that the perp has a one million dollar trust fund, yet the car he drives is not in his name. What? He clearly had the money to purchase a vehicle for himself, in his own name. So, what's up there???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the interview with Mom was heartbreaking and extremely uncomfortable, but everything about what has happened is, there is no sugar coating one thing about this. I got the feeling Mom felt comfortable talking to this reporter, and that is why she went to him, she wanted everyone to know about her Hailey, her little twinkie, and to thank everyone, her family and 'church family' who are rallying around. She is in shock, I see similarities to how I deal with loss, and grief. I cling onto anything, the tiniest bit of light, I cling on for dear life. I recognise the nervous laugh, the sudden gut punch of reality and desperation to cling more to the light. Not that I have ever had to deal with anything like this, but it's your nature. I just wanted to hold her, I bawled like a baby for her and totally understand why she wanted to walk up to him and say something.

As awkward as it was, I don't blame her, or the TV station, this is the reality of what has happened, the consequences of evil. If she wanted to do the interview then that is all that matters, let her be heard.

I found the interview a little odd.

Are his parents wealthy?

It's very suspicious to me that the perp has a one million dollar trust fund, yet the car he drives is not in his name. What? He clearly had the money to purchase a vehicle for himself, in his own name. So, what's up there???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sounds like he might not have control of that trust fund. he may have some issues that leave him dependent on his parents.

Are you all sitting down?

Court finds Craig Wood has 1 million dollars in a trust fund, still requests public defender

http://fox4kc.com/2014/02/21/court-...in-trust-fund-still-requests-public-defender/

So yesterday it was that the family hired Passanise from the Law Offices of Dee Wampler and Joe Passanise; today he requests Public Defender.

On one level, I don't find that too hard to understand, I guess. He's not an only child--has at least one younger brother. In the likelihood that he gets the death penalty, (and it appears he doesn't want the trust fund to be used to fight against that), then at his death, that trust $ would likely be funneled into any other siblings' trust monies--or designated by will to whomever he wishes to benefit. Having a million in a trust fund isn't quite the same situation, especially legally, as having a million in the bank. There are specific parameters--freedoms as well as limits regarding use of that money if one is the named beneficiary of that trust. The trust is his parents' money, designated as his, to be used within those parameters. Sounds like he talked it over with his parents after they hired the private atty and told them this was his preference. Seems he doesn't want his family to have to be hurt anymore over this than they already, permanently will be.

(And, personally, I'm not one to get too up in arms at the "public" bearing the cost of his atty. In that income bracket, his parents have long since paid for that public defender in taxes.)

Unfortunately here in this country we have to provide legal representation. That person will have to defend him to the best of their ability or he can always come back and say that he was not done right and be allowed to have this whole thing thrown out of court and be walking the streets again. I hope I am saying this so that it makes sense. I feel sorry for the poor smuck that has to defend him.

With a $1 million in a trust fund, most likely from his parents (who seem to have money), he could easily afford a "dream team" of lawyers. I am not saying he would be acquitted, but they could easily make a mess out of the trial. I am pretty glad he is going the public defender route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech