GUILTY MO - Hailey Owens, 10, Springfield, 18 Feb 2014 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Friday, December 1st:

*Motion for New Penalty Phase Sentencing Trial (found Guilty on 11/2) @ 8:30am CT - MO - Hailey Owens (10) (Feb. 18, 2014) - Craig Michael Wood (45 @ time of crime) - indicted & found guilty of 1st degree murder, kidnapping, rape, sodomy & armed criminal action/DP Case. Jurors sequestered: 7 women & 5 men/3 alternates Nov. 6th State & Defense rested; closing arguments & jury instructions 11/6 It took the jury a little more than four hours to reach the no decision verdict in the sentencing phase. It took the jury just an hour to convict Wood of first-degree murder Thursday. It is still unclear if Craig Wood will live or die. So what's next? Judge Thomas Mountjoy demanded the defense file a motion for a new sentencing trial by December 1. A hearing on that motion will be held January 11 @ 2:30pm. If the judge overrules that motion, it will go directly to sentencing.

11/30/2017

Note to Clerk eFiling

/act

Filed By: THOMAS JOSEPH JACQUINOT

Motion Filed

Motion for trial court imposition of a sentence of life without parole; Appendices attached. /act

On Behalf Of: CRAIG MICHAEL WOOD

Motion Filed

Motion for trial court imposition of a sentence of life without parole. /act

casenet.mo

So, since they filed - we have:

Thursday, January 11th:
*Motion for new Sentencing Trial Penalty Phase Ruling by Judge (found Guilty on all charges on 11/2/17) @ 2:30pm CT - MO - Hailey Owens (10) (Feb. 18, 2014) - Craig Michael Wood (45) - indicted & found guilty of 1st degree murder, kidnapping, rape, sodomy & armed criminal action/DP Case; Jurors sequestered: 7 women & 5 men/3 alternates. Nov. 6th State & Defense rested; closing arguments & jury instructions 11/6. It took the jury a little more than four hours to reach the no decision verdict in the sentencing phase. It took the jury just an hour to convict Wood of first-degree murder Thursday. It is still unclear if Craig Wood will live or die. So what's next? Judge Thomas Mountjoy demanded the defense file a motion for a new sentencing trial by December 1. A hearing on that motion will be held January 11 @ 2:30pm. If the judge overrules that motion, it will go directly to sentencing. Def filed motion on 11/30/17 for new sentencing trial; motion to be heard today, 1/11

:judge:

:rose: JUSTICE for HAILEY!! :rose:

Former Springfield coach who raped, murdered 10-yr-old girl wants new trial

The Springfield News-Leader reports that attorneys for 49-year-old Craig Wood argue that he didn’t get a fair trial in a motion filed earlier this month. Jurors found Wood guilty last month of first-degree murder in the February 2014 death of Hailey Owens but were unable to reach a unanimous decision about whether to recommend the death penalty. A judge is expected to decide on Jan. 11 whether Wood should be sentenced to the death penalty or life in prison. But first, the judge must rule on the motion for a new trial.

http://fox4kc.com/2017/12/28/former...aped-murdered-10-yr-old-girl-wants-new-trial/

I believe that Wood's attorneys cannot file for an appeal to a higher Court without asking this Judge for a new trial. Also his attorneys could be accused of ineffective counsel WITHOUT filing this motion. These motions are almost automatic especially when sentence has not been given.

However I do expect the Judge to deny the motion for new trial on Jan. 11, 2018. I will be surprised if he gives the death penalty though. I have been unable to find much of any precedence of it from Judges before, not that this case is not deserving.

JMO's

:bump: up for today's hearing or sentencing!

*Motion for new Sentencing Trial Penalty Phase Ruling by Judge (found Guilty on 11/2/17) (@ 2:30pm CT) - MO - Hailey Owens (10) (Feb. 18, 2014) - Craig Michael Wood (45) - indicted & found guilty of 1st degree murder, kidnapping, rape, sodomy & armed criminal action/DP Case; Jurors sequestered: 7 women & 5 men/3 alternates. Nov. 6th State & Defense rested; closing arguments & jury instructions 11/6 It took the jury a little more than four hours to reach the no decision verdict in the sentencing phase. It took the jury just an hour to convict Wood of first-degree murder Thursday. It is still unclear if Craig Wood will live or die. So what's next? Judge Thomas Mountjoy demanded the defense file a motion for a new sentencing trial by December 1. A hearing on that motion will be held January 11 @ 2:30pm. If the judge overrules that motion, it will go directly to sentencing. Def filed motion on 11/30/17 for new sentencing trial; motion to be heard today, 1/11

I cannot find where this sentencing is being televised or tweet links. It is a shame since 10,000 people attended her vigil after her death and with the proximately of time that has passed...people don't follow to conclusion.

JMO

Well that's a bummer jggordo! I was hoping you would do the live blog again! It started about 10 minutes ago, if I got the time zones right! :)

I have been watching for the guy that tweeted during the trial and nothing yet!

Frances M. Watson Judge denies acquittal and motion for new trial.

This is from her FB page.

Thanks for the updates!!

This is slightly random, sorry for the tangent, but I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem on WS - when I am subscribed to a thread, and I click on the arrow to take me to the new posts, it never seems to take me back to the first post I haven't read- instead it takes me to the last/most recent post in the thread. So I have to scroll back to find where I last read from.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any remedy? On other forums I don't encounter this - only on WS.

Thanks for the updates!!

This is slightly random, sorry for the tangent, but I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem on WS - when I am subscribed to a thread, and I click on the arrow to take me to the new posts, it never seems to take me back to the first post I haven't read- instead it takes me to the last/most recent post in the thread. So I have to scroll back to find where I last read from.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any remedy? On other forums I don't encounter this - only on WS.

I have never tried that, so I can't help you out. sorry

I guess I should use that feature though if it would work.

I have always found that to be true also. Some people "mark my spot" so they know where to go back to. I find that to be annoying and just write down the last post reviewed. When posting "marking my spot" it alerts me to a new post or information when in fact that is not necessarily true.

JMO

I have always found that to be true also. Some people "mark my spot" so they know where to go back to. I find that to be annoying and just write down the last post reviewed. When posting "marking my spot" it alerts me to a new post or information when in fact that is not necessarily true.

JMO

Thanks- what I've been doing to compensate is I have a folder where I put bookmarks for the threads I follow on WS. Sometimes I note the number of the last post I read. Its annoying though!!! I visit other forums with old software and they always take me to the exact place I last visited!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itzAMANDAyo
Back