MO MO - Jessica Runions, 21, Kansas City, 8 Sept 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope that is why after hearing confirmation from someone who knows KY very well, I believe JR and KY were secretly seeing each other behind her boyfriends back. This is why in the video from crime watchers you see her car at his house. It was tapped back in June. She told her boyfriend she was going out with friends that night, did not mention KY. That is the only thing that makes sense to me.
Do we have a link confirming this?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Its already starting to go silent. Reminds me of KK's case. Still no statements from the borfriend on msm either.

Right. He has spoken out on a few public posts on facebook, saying he wasn't there at all that night, he was at home with their roommate. I'm sure he is devastated, and I feel for him. He has also interacted with JR's mom on facebook several times, and they are in a closed facebook group together for JR. So I'm sure he is staying quiet because he doesn't know what to do, but her family isn't being as outspoken as KK's family was either. Maybe they are all just too devastated to speak out publicly. I don't ever want to be in her mother's shoes right now. I can't get this poor family off of my mind.

Very interesting video, thanks for sharing! I noticed they said they weren't violating any laws by being there, but isn't it private property? And if it's abandoned or foreclosed, then why wouldn't police just search it? Or even the PI's break down the basement floor? I know it's hard when there's a concrete foundation, but her parents seem really desperate to just find a body or parts for ID. Just not really understanding the current status of this property.

The owners at the time of the video might have given them permission to go there. Then they would not be breaking any laws. The private investigators wouldn't have the proper equipment to tear up a floor and if she is under there they would risk destroying evidence. LE has x-ray equipment. The local rumour cited earlier in the thread was that the police checked with x-ray and found nothing but didn't tear up the floor. However, LE could not search without probable cause. They would have to have a witness come to them and say they knew Kara was there. Some people might have talked to the PI's but were afraid to talk to police (if she is really there--I don't know one way or the other). I couldn't find news saying LE checked that house but they may have done so later if they got a tip (not all the older news clips are online). I did find another news clip that said the DA was asked and quoted as saying no charges had been filed against the PI's and no charges were planned to be filed against them as far as he knew. The house today is owned by new people and it is no longer vacant/trashed like it showed in the video.

<modsnip>

My grandfather is 89 and smart as can be. Age doesn't mean someone automatically turns feeble!
I think Gpa Y knows exactly what he's doing.

Back in May, Kara's mother held up a photo with a bracelet Kara wore and said whoever killed her may have kept that bracelet as a trophy. http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article75037877.html
I was looking through pictures and found the full-length mirror pic of KY and in that pic it look like he has a bracelet on the hand holding the phone. It's hard to see. It could be a tattoo but I can't find any other pics with that hand or any other pic of him with a bracelet. Can someone check his SM and see if he posted any other pics showing the bracelet? and what day did he post that pic? News story about Kara's bracelet was May 1, 2016. Here's a comparison photo:
attachment.php

Attachments

• bracelets.png
    bracelets.png
    210.8 KB · Views: 427
Gardener1850, I checked KY's facebook and that picture you included was posted on April 14th. Like you, it's the only one I was able to find with a bracelet on his wrist. It's difficult to really see what type of bracelet he's wearing though. It looks almost like one of the Catholic saint bracelets (not sure what they are actually called) but who knows. It is a little difficult to reconcile a Catholic bracelet with all of the demonic looking tattoos KY has marked himself with but then it's also possible the bracelet is a souvenir from a different victim. I think I also remember reading somewhere that a roommate of KY's or someone that knew him turned in a box from KY's apartment anonymously to the police back around 2009 and it turned out to be Kara's things. It might be that the bracelet was in there or that he still has it hidden somewhere that no one will ever know about.

That's so ageist! Good grief. My grandfather is 89 and smart as can be. Age doesn't mean someone automatically turns feeble!
I think Gpa Y knows exactly what he's doing.

I wasn't saying they turn feeble! I was just saying, older people aren't on there cell phones all day where they can easily see when someone's lying about the date or time... I've had friends with older parents and when they were younger they'd do stuff like that, it's wrong to do, but not impossible.. If your a good manipulator then any things possible..

Back in May, Kara's mother held up a photo with a bracelet Kara wore and said whoever killed her may have kept that bracelet as a trophy. http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article75037877.html
I was looking through pictures and found the full-length mirror pic of KY and in that pic it look like he has a bracelet on the hand holding the phone. It's hard to see. It could be a tattoo but I can't find any other pics with that hand or any other pic of him with a bracelet. Can someone check his SM and see if he posted any other pics showing the bracelet? and what day did he post that pic? News story about Kara's bracelet was May 1, 2016. Here's a comparison photo:
attachment.php

That's a good find, but I don't think it's the same bracelet. The one Kara is wearing looks like the beads are bigger. But it certainly wouldn't surprise me if he has it somewhere.

Sorry if this was already posted but I just saw that they ID'd the body found on Sunday. It was Megan Wheeler, 32, of Harrisonville, MO: http://www.kshb.com/news/local[/quo...y are investigating it as a suspicious death.

That's a good find, but I don't think it's the same bracelet. The one Kara is wearing looks like the beads are bigger. But it certainly wouldn't surprise me if he has it somewhere.

It wouldn't surprise me if he has it somewhere, either. It goes back to him thinking he loves these girls (his version of love, anyways). It would be like a sentimental momento. Did they ever find ANYTHING of KK's? Cell phone, textbooks, anything?

KY was a vocalist in a couple bands from around the time he was dating Kara to before he was arrested for drug trafficking. You can see pics on his myspace page linked toward the beginning of the thread and find some youtube vids. It seems he has only been tattooing "professionally" for a short time. The stolen equipment must have been his attempt at kickstarting his career.

The Basement

RSBM - here is an MSM link about a house where she is rumored to be buried where a cadaver dog hit on the basement.

http://www.demo-mo.com/2016/07/27/30705/mother-finds-new-evidence-in-kara.html

And here is where the discussion starts on her thread:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...O-Kara-Kopetsky-17-Belton-4-May-2007-4/page12

Being able to map the approx location would be great - if you feel comfortable giving Skibaboo the cross-streets at least.

I can't find where it mentions the house in that article Vail? All I see is about the bracelet.

I have to go out soon but have made notes of details to be added to the map. I'll do it all when I get home. Thanks everyone!

Gardener1850, I checked KY's facebook and that picture you included was posted on April 14th. Like you, it's the only one I was able to find with a bracelet on his wrist. It's difficult to really see what type of bracelet he's wearing though. It looks almost like one of the Catholic saint bracelets (not sure what they are actually called) but who knows. It is a little difficult to reconcile a Catholic bracelet with all of the demonic looking tattoos KY has marked himself with but then it's also possible the bracelet is a souvenir from a different victim. I think I also remember reading somewhere that a roommate of KY's or someone that knew him turned in a box from KY's apartment anonymously to the police back around 2009 and it turned out to be Kara's things. It might be that the bracelet was in there or that he still has it hidden somewhere that no one will ever know about.
I find it hard to believe that items of KK's found in KY's posession were turned over to police and nothing legal came of it.

I can't find where it mentions the house in that article Vail? All I see is about the bracelet.

I have to go out soon but have made notes of details to be added to the map. I'll do it all when I get home. Thanks everyone!

Oops sorry about that! My ctrl+C didn't grab the right url. It is in this post: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-17-Belton-4-May-2007-4&p=7587915#post7587915

Oddly enough, now that I am googling, all the KSHB stories on this are gone. To summarize, it was part of an investigation lead by Russ Ptacek, a reporter closely following Kara's case. From what I am gathering, this lead may be tainted by one of the "super sleuths" being a psychic (though it wasn't visions that brought them there)

ETA: Found the video on youtube:
[video=youtube;_lsFosyIjvk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lsFosyIjvk[/video]

524, 554 S Scott Ave, Belton, MO 64012 yes this was the location of the high school the new building opened in 2014

Are you saying the location of the High School HAS changed since 2007? That's important to know, thanks.

Yes, the new high school opened in fall 2014. The middle school is the old high school on south scott.

This kind of got buried with a ton of posts.
Just replying to make sure Skibaboo saw this convo to change the location of the High School to South Scott. :tyou:

Marking my spot.
Hoping for a resolution soon !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members