MO MO - Jessica Runions, 21, Kansas City, 8 Sept 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see it on my phone, it might be a phone link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm on my phone and can't see it. I hope to be able to learn more about an ID or some specifics. You got any information on this to share?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

From link above.

Decomposed body found in a ditch Sunday afternoon in a remote area off Canon Ball Road, Lake Arrowhead, Clinton County.

Not known yet if male or female or cause of death.
Update expected Monday afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From link above.

Decomposed body found in a ditch Sunday afternoon in a remote area off Canon Ball Road, Lake Arrowhead, Clinton County.

Not known yet if male or female or cause of death.
Update expected Monday afternoon.

Thank you. Did Jessica Jessica's family find these remains as well?

Thank you. Did Jessica Jessica's family find these remains as well?

The article doesn't say who discovered the remains.

The location is not specific, but a quick look on google maps & its approx 40 miles from where Jessica's car was found burnt out & approx 50 miles from where Kara was last seen.

Just re-reading Kara Kopetsky & Jessica Runions threads, and just realised the party at which Jessica was last seen was in Belton. Kara was last seen at Belton High School.

Just re-reading Kara Kopetsky & Jessica Runions threads, and just realised the party at which Jessica was last seen was in Belton. Kara was last seen at Belton High School.

Belton is where Kylr lived with his grandfather when kara was abducted from Belton high. He was living with his grandfather, who raised him, prior to Jessica vanishing.
It's frustrating that Jessica is missing now. Solving Kara's case could have prevented this. It's more disturbing no one came forward after all this time with the truth about Kara's location. Someone knows where those girls are.

Even though I sort of hope it's her so that there can be closure for family and friends, I kind of doubt it's her. Found in a ditch quite far from where her car was found... of course that doesn't mean it's impossible but since Kara Kopetsky has not been found -yet- after all these years makes me wonder if he would really "just" leave the body in a ditch.

Even though I sort of hope it's her so that there can be closure for family and friends, I kind of doubt it's her. Found in a ditch quite far from where her car was found... of course that doesn't mean it's impossible but since Kara Kopetsky has not been found -yet- after all these years makes me wonder if he would really "just" leave the body in a ditch.
I agree I read an interview with his ex girlfriend and he told her that he had killed people before. He said he killed kara. What gets me about the threat is he used a plural term...Not person, but people.
he doesn't seem like a body dumper. He strikes me as some one who knows how to deal with a dead body comfortably, likely from lots of experience given his statements. He would conceal a body well. Maybe not even leave it outdoors.

I agree I read an interview with his ex girlfriend and he told her that he had killed people before. He said he killed kara. What gets me about the threat is he used a plural term...Not person, but people.
he doesn't seem like a body dumper. He strikes me as some one who knows how to deal with a dead body comfortably, likely from lots of experience given his statements. He would conceal a body well. Maybe not even leave it outdoors.

Exactly! I still hold out hope but my gut feeling tells me different. Then again, this body is so far decomposed they can't tell if it's male or female, but I'm also not sure (thankfully) what nearly 6 months does with human remains out in the open.

(P.S. What is going on there? Seems like they keep finding bodies... http://www.kmbc.com/article/police-investigating-body-found-floating-in-kansas-citys-brush-creek/8775146

Exactly! I still hold out hope but my gut feeling tells me different. Then again, this body is so far decomposed they can't tell if it's male or female, but I'm also not sure (thankfully) what nearly 6 months does with human remains out in the open.

(P.S. What is going on there? Seems like they keep finding bodies... http://www.kmbc.com/article/police-investigating-body-found-floating-in-kansas-citys-brush-creek/8775146
I noticed the same story earlier. Seems like a lot of people are getting killed and going missing over there. I'm not familiar with KCMO but I have to think with the amount of bodies being found something strange is happening.

It's awful looking back at the days when I worked at my local humane society. Sadly animals die often in shelter enviroments. Sometimes distressed mother animals will kill their babies. When it happens often they lay on them or try to bury them in blankets. When it would occur decomposition set in quickly. Typically the poor little ones were found during morning cleanings.

Sadly there was an incident where a kitten was buried under covers and went unnoticed. It was awful finding the kitten after a few days of being passed. Of course environment/temperature does have a lot to do with how it all goes.

I know that seeing the kitten doesn't make me an expert on decomposition. It's probably incorrect but if I had to judge based on that one experience I would imagine decomposition over the span of six months could possibly result in skeletal remains.

It's awful looking back at the days when I worked at my local humane society. Sadly animals die often in shelter enviroments. Sometimes distressed mother animals will kill their babies. When it happens often they lay on them or try to bury them in blankets. When it would occur decomposition set in quickly. Typically the poor little ones were found during morning cleanings.

Sadly there was an incident where a kitten was buried under covers and went unnoticed. It was awful finding the kitten after a few days of being passed. Of course environment/temperature does have a lot to do with how it all goes.

I know that seeing the kitten doesn't make me an expert on decomposition. It's probably incorrect but if I had to judge based on that one experience I would imagine decomposition over the span of six months could possibly result in skeletal remains.

That is so sad even though that's how things sometimes go in the animal kingdom (in or out of shelters.)
I'm lucky to not have any experience when it comes to corpses etc. so I Googled a bit and it depends on a lot of factors. I didn't dare to search too thoroughly because I was afraid they would show pictures.
But what I got from it; if it's a "normal climate" it takes around 3+ months. Normal meaning no -freezing- winter or very high temperatures.
I don't live any where near where this happened, I don't even live in the US so I'm not sure how the winter has been over there.

Edit: so I guess what I'm trying to say is that maybe it could be a possibility. But this is an opinion based after searching a bit on Google

I live in a suburb of KC. KC has a fairly high crime rate including homicides. Although, I'll admit that the amount of things going on all at once seems strange. It just seems like there's so much happening day after day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In looking at Google maps, there is a culvert/bridge over a dry creek bed, and then a long remote stretch that is heavily wooded on one side with a steep "ditch" or gully running alongside the road about 40m into the trees. The other side is a huge open field. The only other "ditches" along the road are up in the residential area. I agree I don't think this is Jessica, as there are several better, unlit, wilderness areas to have dumped her between KC and Holt. But that doesn't mean KY doesn't know someone up there which is why that area was chosen.

She would be mostly skeletal by now. Hopefully the family searches are keeping this delicately in mind and have a cadaver dog helping them out.

6 months is definitely a long enough period to get to skeletal remains. Natural decomposition would have been sped up by the summer heat at first and the Midwest has been warmer than average this winter. A body left outside would also be exposed to insects as well as scavengers. Vultures are very efficient at cleaning up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3