MO MO - Jessica Runions, 21, Kansas City, 8 Sept 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This entire situation infuriates me beyond words

You and me both. If LE is actually doing any searching, now would be a good time to update the media, because weekly searches by the family and volunteer SAR for 5 months makes them look reeeeeally bad, especially when they should have phone records on both KY and Jessica, any GPS info from her insurance company or OnStar (not sure if she had it) and surveillance video. They could have thoroughly searched the area around Edwards where he was hiding out plus his family's properties (maybe they have? We sure have no idea). They need more than just a body to put him away forever, they need enough evidence with remains to not only prove homicide but prove he did it. If she is nothing more than ashes at this point, every day that passes and the wind shifts slowly erases her from the earth. I just don't get the lack of urgency or transparency by KCMO LE. I remember an episode of the first 48 I saw awhile back that featured them - one of the lead detectives of their homicide unit was a woman. They operated efficiently and solved the murder.
I am hoping the Vanished podcast or similar can do a show on Jessica and interview Jax, her mom and perhaps the SAR that has been helping them.
I pray spring brings new beginnings for this case. I'm 6000km away from Kansas City but it doesn't make me any less determined to beat Yust at his game and get these girls some peace, however I can help do it.

I want to repost this here just to give fresh eyes a summary of events and facts as we know them, and hopefully give media a jump start on coverage of her story. Thanks to Scout and FleurQualia for their help building previous timelines and fact lists. My Belton case info file is huge and admittedly not super organized, so if I missed something, please add to it! Note that I have omitted what we know about FL here since she was never directly named in the MSM article quoting her.

Jessica (21) is a caretaker at the Foxwood Springs Elderly Care center in Belton, MO. She lives with her boyfriend Jaxon Mallet at their dog and cat in a quaint neighborhood on the east side of town. On the West side sits Belton high school, where Jaxon went to school with Kylr Yust (28) when they were teens. Back then, Kylr was the wild kid - he sang in a rock band, liked skateboarding and graffiti, and was known to do hard drugs such as heroin and meth-amphetamines. His girlfriend at the time, Kara Kopetsky, disappeared after leaving school in 2007, her last phone call being to Yust that morning.

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2016/06/02/family-searches-for-answers-in-missouri-teens-disappearance/

Since then, Yust has confessed to killing her to a buddy and two girlfriends, one of which he also nearly choked to death. In a separate altercation, he brutally killed that girlfriend's two kittens and was charged. You'd think LE would be on high alert?

Fast forward to 2013 and Kylr has been sentenced to 4 years in federal prison for a drug trafficking charge on MDMA-derived controlled substance. He is released in February of 2016 with a 6 month parole that included an ankle monitor and completes it in late July 2016. Around this time is when we surmise Jessica first meets him.

They remain in contact through social media over the next few months. She is seen hanging out at his grandfather's home in Raymore, where he then lived, once even caught on camera by CrimewatchDaily (her car is parked in the driveway, and she crosses the hallway in the background and waves at the camera). Did she ever ask Kylr what that was about? Did she know about his past?

Just days before Jessica goes missing, Yust was ordered by the federal Bureau of Prisons to serve a weekend in confinement for an undisclosed probation violation.

Unknown to her boyfriend, Jaxon, Jessica picked up Kylr on the evening of Sept.8th around 9pm, according to Kylr's grandfather. Yust had completed his parole two weeks prior and was stepping out for the first or one of the first times in a very long time. They drove south to Grandview, to the home of Allyn Alvarado, a friend of Yust. The episode of CrimeWatchDaily that had captured Jessica's car in Yust's driveway was airing that evening, giving a chilling glimpse into Yust's past and the rumored murder of Kara Kopetsky. Jaxon hadn't spoken to her since earlier that afternoon, receiving a final text from her phone around 9:30PM, and by now she wasn't responding to calls or texts from family - a text her mother sent her around 8PM never read.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CMqkgKY09LYKMbNq0BsFBEmUbGc&usp=sharing

Were they getting together to watch the episode? Did they land upon it by happenstance while enjoying an evening of unrelated activities? What we do know is Kylr was extremely intoxicated already when they arrived, toting a bottle of liquor in hand. Jessica was sober by all accounts, and spent the next couple hours impressing upon the party goers her sweet and friendly personality, gracefully fielding Yust's ever-increasing advances and loud declarations of love and devotion. Finally he is asked to leave, according to Allyn, sometime around 11pm. Jessica leaves with him, and here is where things become a little unclear.

According to social media, Kylr took her keys and attempted to drive, hitting a garbage can on his way out. Jessica stopped him and made him get into the passenger side. They drove off into the night, and the rest is a mystery. Jessica's mother, Jaime, reported her missing the following day after she failed to rendezvous for a doctors appointment that afternoon to followup on an appendectomy she had undergone the week before. Calls to her phone were going to voice mail. Her boyfriend was worried as she hadn't come home the night before. There was no social media activity from her or Yust.

Those named in MSM:

Allyn Alvarado - party host
Jaxon Mallett - jess bf
Jennifer - friend of Yust
Michele Runions - Aunt
Jamie Runions - Mother
Alfred Yust - Kylr’s grandfather
Ken Yust - Kylr’s dad
Kara Kopetsky - Kylr’s Ex Girlfriend, missing since 2007
Katelynn Farris - ex GF of Yust, claims he confessed killing Kara.
Candace - Ex GF Yust almost killed, murdered her cats, had open restraining order in 2012
Yadira Nd Ubaldo Ortiz - Kylr’s coworker
Rhonda Beckford - Kara’s mom
Marlene Rockwell - PI for Kopetsky family
Matt “Waffles” Walters - heroin dealer

Wed evening Sept 07, 2016

The last text mom received from Jessica was Wednesday evening. Jessica wrote: “Sweet dreams.” And her mom responded by sharing a selfie of herself with Jessica’s little sister.

Jessica then sent back a picture of her with her cat, Tig.

Thu Sept 08, 2016 2PM
Jessica responded to a post on Facebook. From there, her mother heard nothing.
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article101235007.html

Thu 2:15PM Jaxon hears from Jessica via phone for last time

Thu 8PM A text message mom sent Jessica around 8 p.m. Thursday wasn’t read. Further calls to her phone went straight to voicemail, as if the device was turned off.

Thu 9:30PM Jaxon receives text from Jessica’s phone

Thu 11:30PM Allyn claims Jessica left with Kylr after Kylr was asked to leave for being loud and too drunk.
https://www.facebook.com/js.runions/posts/521720574689057
http://aberrantnation.com/blog/2016/9/11/jessica-runions-is-missing-help-find-her

http://www.kmbc.com/article/witness...rent-at-party-where-woman-disappeared/3859725

Fri 2:AM (Thurs "night") Kylr calls Jennifer (Jenna)

Across the aisle from the Beckfords was one person who had been friends with Yust since March, shortly after he was released from prison on a drug conviction. The woman, who would identify herself only as Jennifer, said Yust texted her around 2 a.m. Sept. 9, a little more than four hours after Yust left the gathering with Runions.

“He wanted a ride,” Jennifer said. “He said his car was getting a new transmission. He wanted to hang out.”

Yust told her he was at his grandfather’s house, she said. The two texted back and forth until the next evening. She said it wasn’t until a day or two later that she learned about the missing Raymore woman.
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article105029001.html

Fri Sept 09, 2016

morning - Kylr shows up at work hungover with scratches on his face. Co-worker Yadira Nd Ubaldo Ortiz would go on to post on multiple msm comments claiming he witnessed this. Kylr was sent home.

On Sunday, 41 Action News attempted to track down Yust at his last known address, his grandfather’s house. Yust’s grandfather told 41 Action News he has not seen Yust since Friday morning.

http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...n-runions-disappearance-and-link-to-klyr-yust

Fri afternoon Jessica failed to meet her mother at a doctor’s office on Friday for a critical follow-up to an appendectomy. She calls police to report her daughter missing.

Fri Before 3PM
- Grandpa sees Jessica’s SUV in his driveway.

TIME GAP

Sat morning Just before 2 a.m., (Friday night) a tip led police to Jessica's 2012 Chevy Equinox on fire in the area of 95th Street and Blue River Road. The vehicle was later towed to the Kansas City Police Department's processing facility.

Saturday Sept. 10, 2016

Missouri Search and Rescue were called to the area to conduct a field search for her. After several hours, crews called off their search due to darkness but plan to resume Sunday morning.

http://www.kswo.com/story/33065069/woman-still-missing-after-ge-car-found-abandoned-set-on-fire

Noodling over the liquid sample. I think it was an accelerant, anyone think anything else (like bodily fluid) could have survived? I wish we had a better idea of how thoroughly destroyed the SUV was.

http://www.kctv5.com/clip/12747282/new-details-emerge-on-timeline-of-jessica-runions-disappearance

Days before police arrested Yust, a Kansas City, Kansas tattoo parlor considered hiring him for a piercing apprenticeship. However, red flags caused some of the owners to rethink the decision. Note: "Days" is a loose term, we don't know if this was sometime earlier in the week, or on Saturday
“I didn’t resonate with this guy. I did not like his presence, I felt uncomfortable,” said Jeff Ollerich, a co-owner of Tried and True Tattoo.

Ollerich told 41 Action News he and other owners sat down and decided not to hire Yust. The next day, he was arrested in Benton County in connection to burning Runions’ car.

“I didn’t want to believe this was going on. I thought I was dreaming or something,” said Cordis Woods, another co-owner of Tried and True Tattoo.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10154340211545470&id=65981045469

Sunday Sept 11, 2016

Sun 8:30AM - Missouri Highway Patrol assisted Benton County Sheriff deputies in arresting Kylr Yust, at 30551 Pecan Dr, in Edwards, Missouri a secluded and heavily wooded area. The trailer may have belonged to his mother, who was not living there at this time. The owner reports the door lock had been broken off before, so Kylr may have a history of breaking into this property to stay there. His mother’s current address is south of there. Rumor is his mom turned him in.

Sunday evening quote from Alfred:

Yust’s grandfather said Sunday night that he doesn’t know what’s going on with his grandson.

“I don’t know what they’re saying. I don’t know what all went on,” said the grandfather, who asked that his name not be used. “He hasn’t been around for a while.”
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article101235007.html

http://www.people.com/article/jessica-runions-kansas-cityman-arrested-missing

In the seven days since Runions vanished, information given to police eventually led to 28-year-old Kylr Yust’s arrest for burning the 21-year-old's vehicle, as well as raids at both the home where police found Yust, and his grandfather’s house.

Police confirm burns scratches [video=youtube;tT6alj2IEVs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT6alj2IEVs[/video]

Investigators search home of Kylr Yust’s grandfather, Alfred Yust, looking for items belonging to Jessica.

Item’s police are looking for: Firearms, burned or partially burned clothing, a blue plaid flannel shirt and black yoga pants, a white iPhone 6 in a black and white case, brown leather purse with shoulder strap, red or burgundy women’s shoes with white on the bottom, chevy car keys on a black “nightmare before christmas” lanyard, red men’s shoes and blue jeans, trace evidence

Item’s police have so far: Swab, alcohol pad with blood, blue plaid shirt, q-tip with blood, fingernail scrapings, handgun, ammo,

Thursday Sept 15, 2016
Kylr is charged with burning Jessica's car (c2 Felony?) and is scheduled for a hearing Sept 29th.

Thursday Sept 29, 2016
Yust appears in court via video from jail. Trial scheduled for October 2017

http://www.kshb.com/news/crime/kylr-yust-appears-in-court-on-charges-related-to-runions-case

October 6th, 2016
LE appeals to public for trail cam footage
http://www.kmbc.com/article/trail-cameras-could-be-helpful-in-search-for-jessica-runions/4963159

October 27, 2016
Police searching abandoned golf course, looking for clues https://twitter.com/KEckermanKMBC/status/791697484200415232

Following this search, LE stated they would take a 2 week break to work on other cases, and then resume, yet nothing more has come from them.

Jessica's family, friends, volunteer SAR continue to search for her every weekend.

Just to head off rumors.

[video=twitter;825415300535447556]https://twitter.com/NatalieKCTV5/status/825415300535447556[/video]

"Police say body found by search party (looking for Jessica Runions) at 53rd/S Brighton was male. Investigating as suspicious death."

Search for missing Mo. woman turns up 2 male corpses in 2 weeks
January 29 at 7:49 PM
MISSOURI

Search for lost woman turns up 2 dead men

For the second straight week, people searching for a missing Missouri woman have found a man’s body.

Relatives of Jessica Runions found the man’s body while searching in fields and brush along a road Saturday in southeast Kansas City. Police said the discovery was being investigated as a suspicious death, but no details have been released.

[...]

https://goo.gl/9y7Nm5

I could not believe this, a second male body found. There is a missing male from Lenexa and his disappearance is very strange.

Wow. This is crazy! Searching for Jessica and two men found. I hope they can find Jessica, Kara, or Toni next.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

TWO male bodies in TWO weeks ????
What in the world is going on there ??

At least maybe someone related to these men will get some closure or at least answers. :(

Wonder if Jessica's disappearance and possible death is tied to something bigger ? Like she had to be 'silenced' ?

Terrible times for her family-- and Kara's as well. I feel for all of the innocent souls who crossed paths with this Yust monster.
:moo:

TWO male bodies in TWO weeks ????
What in the world is going on there ??

At least maybe someone related to these men will get some closure or at least answers. :(

Wonder if Jessica's disappearance and possible death is tied to something bigger ? Like she had to be 'silenced' ?

Terrible times for her family-- and Kara's as well. I feel for all of the innocent souls who crossed paths with this Yust monster.
:moo:

If she had to be silenced, it is because Kylr told her he killed Kara and then regretted it. He was only a couple weeks off parole and a weekend in jail, I don't feel like he had time to get involved in something complicated she could be dragged into that night, assuming you're thinking like a drug connect killed her or something. Its like Christina Morris - a lot of people thought she got caught up in a big drug conspiracy when in the end, it was just a drunk psychopath that wanted to rape and kill her.

Wow. This is crazy! Searching for Jessica and two men found. I hope they can find Jessica, Kara, or Toni next.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I also hope they find the three missing KCMO girls. It's sad how long Kara's family has gone with out answers. I hope Toni & Jessica's families find them. It's mind blowing that in such a small amount of time Jessica's family has found two missing people.
They should go pro, they seem to find more people faster then the missing persons unit. Jessica has some amazing people who have her back.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I find it hard to believe they have not released the name of the second body found. I am anxious to see if its Randy Potter from Lenexa but there is no update on him either. I search for updates every day.

You and me both. If LE is actually doing any searching, now would be a good time to update the media, because weekly searches by the family and volunteer SAR for 5 months makes them look reeeeeally bad, especially when they should have phone records on both KY and Jessica, any GPS info from her insurance company or OnStar (not sure if she had it) and surveillance video. They could have thoroughly searched the area around Edwards where he was hiding out plus his family's properties (maybe they have? We sure have no idea). They need more than just a body to put him away forever, they need enough evidence with remains to not only prove homicide but prove he did it. If she is nothing more than ashes at this point, every day that passes and the wind shifts slowly erases her from the earth. I just don't get the lack of urgency or transparency by KCMO LE. I remember an episode of the first 48 I saw awhile back that featured them - one of the lead detectives of their homicide unit was a woman. They operated efficiently and solved the murder. I am hoping the Vanished podcast or similar can do a show on Jessica and interview Jax, her mom and perhaps the SAR that has been helping them. I pray spring brings new beginnings for this case. I'm 6000km away from Kansas City but it doesn't make me any less determined to beat Yust at his game and get these girls some peace, however I can help do it.
I absolutely agree. The longer LE is silent about this case, the more it looks like they just don't know what they are doing, or that they don't care. And I hate to say that, I hate to think that they are not diligent and working hard because they are looking at a potential serial killer. But what else are we to think at this point? Especially with all the other people that have gone missing in the area recently, the potential cop impersonator, the other bodies found...What is going on? People need to know. Several months in and all we know for certain is that Jessica is missing and that her killer will go to trial later this year for burning her car and possibly serve about four years for that crime. It's not enough. And Kara needs to be found as well. At the very least, they need to do a short press conference or something to that effect, just to update people on search efforts. I understand that the case is closed, but we're several months in and there is really no new info from LE as far as search efforts go. It's time to update the public, especially with a case like this where it has drawn international attention. With what I believe is a serial killer sitting in jail who may walk again in a few short years (or sooner), and these two girls missing, people get anxious not knowing any information. If he walks again, I do not have one doubt in my mind that he will go on to kill again, and again...Someone somewhere has to know something that would break this case wide open.

I've read this whole thread and truly hope for justice to be served. I'm from this area and am in the same age and interest group, with several mutual friends in common. I've followed other cases on WS but it makes me sick that this is so familiar and close to home. Kylr is the exact type of guy I would have gone for a few years ago. It could have been me, it could have been anyone I know. I don't think he's smart enough or lucky enough to get away with it twice, but I am terrified that it's a posibility and he could hurt more women. I hope that's not the case.

I also hope they find the three missing KCMO girls. It's sad how long Kara's family has gone with out answers. I hope Toni & Jessica's families find them. It's mind blowing that in such a small amount of time Jessica's family has found two missing people.
They should go pro, they seem to find more people faster then the missing persons unit. Jessica has some amazing people who have her back.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Agreed! They've found 2 people in so little time! I wonder how many people out there are worried they might come across out there? I agree they should start their own organization they definitely have good tactics.

:welcome:
Agreed! They've found 2 people in so little time! I wonder how many people out there are worried they might come across out there? I agree they should start their own organization they definitely have good tactics.

I hope they do!! Jessica is blessed to have firemen in her family, who have been a huge help for her searches (and the recovery of these other poor souls). If she is findeable, they will find her, I have every confidence.

:welcome: panda114 !!! Are any of your mutual friends joining in any of the searches? Did any of them know KY? What does everyone think happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman