MO MO - Jessica Runions, 21, Kansas City, 8 Sept 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this young woman's article on ABCNews. So sad.
Prayers for the family, that they can one day get answers for their loved one. Gotta wonder what's in the mind of a person who chooses to harm a woman...

Jessica Runions, 21, went missing Sept. 8 after leaving a gathering at a friend’s house in Kansas City, Missouri. Her family says friends told them Jessica was last seen giving her boyfriend’s longtime friend Kylr Yust, 28, a ride home.

Her boyfriend and family grew concerned when she did not come home that night and they were unable to reach her. Runions said his daughter’s cellphone kept going straight to voicemail when they tried calling her.

Their concerns were heightened when she didn’t show up for a doctor’s appointment the next day. Her mother Jamie S. Runions said Jessica had recently had her appendix removed. She and Jessica were supposed to go together to the follow-up appointment.

Jessica, who was working as a pastry chef in the restaurant at a senior living community, had recently been promoted to a manager position. Her mother said Jessica was hoping to go to college to pursue a journalism degree.

Her mother and boyfriend reported Jessica missing the night of Sept. 9. Hours later, Jessica’s 2012 black Chevy Equinox was found burned in a desolate, wooded area around 2 a.m. Sept. 10.

After police found Jessica’s car, they arrested Yust who was found in a small town two hours outside of Kansas City. Yust is accused of setting Jessica’s car on fire and has been charged with “knowingly burning” a vehicle. He has not been charged in her disappearance.

Yust pleaded not guilty to the charge. He is behind bars on a $50,000 cash bond. He is scheduled to go to trial on the burning charge in the fall of 2017.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missouri-family-desperate-search-find-missing-daughter/story?id=44512531

Family Vows To Find Missing Girl
Jamie S. Runions is asking for people in Benton County to help with the search for Jessica. “The arrest (of Yust) was made in the Forthview area of Benton County so please check abandoned buildings or properties for any evidence,” said Jamie. “This could be your daughter, sister, niece, please help us get Jessica home to her loved ones.”

Jessica’s friends and family have taken to social media using Facebook as a tool to share photos of Jessica, plan fundraisers and coordinate search parties every Sunday. The community response has been overwhelming, the Runions said, adding they need more help, especially with the winter weather settling in.

The Runions said they will not give up searching for their daughter and answers.

http://www.bentoncountyenterprise.com/news/article_3b524178-d9ba-11e6-93e6-47722774de77.html

I wouldn't be surprised if this guy didn't get out of the SUV and run off into the woods on their way home from the party. crazy drunk people usually do those kinds of things. usually at the first stop sign or red light they come to. I'd be looking at places on the way home from the party.

Are you referring to Kylr? He is in custody. Or do you mean Jessica ran off into the woods? Why would Kylr burn her car and then go hide out in a trailer hundreds of miles away? Both of their phone records tell the story of that night - I am confident LE has that information and it is what brought them West in the area of the golf course.

I wouldn't be surprised if this guy didn't get out of the SUV and run off into the woods on their way home from the party. crazy drunk people usually do those kinds of things. usually at the first stop sign or red light they come to. I'd be looking at places on the way home from the party.

Are you referring to Kylr? He is in custody. Or do you mean Jessica ran off into the woods? Why would Kylr burn her car and then go hide out in a trailer hundreds of miles away? Both of their phone records tell the story of that night - I am confident LE has that information and it is what brought them West in the area of the golf course.

the car burning was after the fact. which means he was in panic mode. which also tells you evidence was in the car. also from reading the car was parked at the grandpa house after she went missing. we don't know what the grandpa saw or heard. now this guy was drunk and spouting his love off for this girl at the party. if he wanted her alone he might of jetted from the car at some point if it was at a stop sign or light. she might off went after him. he isn't going to do anything while the car is moving. he would need it stopped, parked or her away from it.

she might of went after him, if he took off from the car. from reading this guy gots mood swings. crazy drunk people like this would jump out of a car and expect someone to go after them.

Sorry for my typing to, I'm on my phone and it is not thread friendly. So I apologize for the crude form.

OK thanks for clarifying.

Yeah I think it is clear he killed her somewhere other than where the car was later found burned. How they got to that place is anyone's guess but your scenario is certainly possible. Even if he got her to bring him somewhere voluntarily I think some instability in mood or mental state is the precipitating factor to her murder for sure.

I think about this case almost every day, and the longer they search without finding her, the more convinced I am that he burned her or put her underground (and by that I don't mean a simple shallow grave). I wish they had a cadaver dog on these searches and I also wish they would release her phone info, at least the last ping. It makes me think they believe Kylr has someone on the outside that is an accomplice who might still move the body or interfere somehow if more info is released to the media.

OK thanks for clarifying.

Yeah I think it is clear he killed her somewhere other than where the car was later found burned. How they got to that place is anyone's guess but your scenario is certainly possible. Even if he got her to bring him somewhere voluntarily I think some instability in mood or mental state is the precipitating factor to her murder for sure.

I think about this case almost every day, and the longer they search without finding her, the more convinced I am that he burned her or put her underground (and by that I don't mean a simple shallow grave). I wish they had a cadaver dog on these searches and I also wish they would release her phone info, at least the last ping. It makes me think they believe Kylr has someone on the outside that is an accomplice who might still move the body or interfere somehow if more info is released to the media.

the grandpa's responses strike me has a little strange

Group searching for missing Jessica Runions finds homicide victim instead

During a search for Jessica Runions, the missing woman’s father and another relative found a man’s decomposing body Saturday in a creek bed near East 67th Terrace and Lewis Avenue, Kansas City police and family said.
Police were called to the area about 11 a.m. on Saturday after the group found the body. The cause of death has not been determined but police said they are investigating the discovery as a homicide.
Investigators are trying to determine the identity of the victim, who appeared to be homeless, and how long the body had been there. There were several identifying marks on the man’s body, said Officer Darin Snapp, a police spokesman.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article128212754.html#storylink=cpy

How awful for the searchers, but I am thankful they are still searching. They may have found someone else's missing loved one.

Group searching for missing Jessica Runions finds homicide victim instead

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article128212754.html#storylink=cpy

How awful for the searchers, but I am thankful they are still searching. They may have found someone else's missing loved one.

As gruesome as this is, I hope it gives them some renewed faith that they CAN find something out there if it is at all possible with the tools they have. My warmest thoughts are with them as they work through the winter months - it can't be easy :/

I hope they find this one's family so he can receive a loving send-off.

the grandpa's responses strike me has a little strange

In general or a specific one? I think he was definitely cagey at first and then began to open up more and more when he realized the gravity of the situation. Refusing to bail him out speaks volumes.

As gruesome as this is, I hope it gives them some renewed faith that they CAN find something out there if it is at all possible with the tools they have. My warmest thoughts are with them as they work through the winter months - it can't be easy :/

I hope they find this one's family so he can receive a loving send-off.

In general or a specific one? I think he was definitely cagey at first and then began to open up more and more when he realized the gravity of the situation. Refusing to bail him out speaks volumes.

That's the odd part to me. usually if you think someone is innocent you bail them out. so either he knows more or saw something, heard something etc. it is like he is trying to cover up or distract.

I read one story where they said the suspected reported to work with scratches, also looked in bad shape. Scratches come from two sources, the victim or walking in the woods in my opinion. Also the suspect was trashed after he left the party. So in my theory if the suspected jetted from the car at a stop point, and she went after him, then I don't think it would of been that far into the woods. I wouldn't be surprised if the suspect gots torn clothes hidden somewhere.

This entire situation infuriates me beyond words

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member