MO MO - Jessica Runions, 21, Kansas City, 8 Sept 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you about getting ideas from TV, he also said something about having seen someone get dissolved in a barrel of acid or something like that, and I think he got that idea from learning about John Edward Robinson. Has there even been confirmation that anyone in his family owns livestock pigs?
I remember reading that about the acid barrel as well. I think he said he saw that when he was younger, like twelve or something. But it's very possible he could have gotten that idea from Robinson. Robinson is notorious in the KC Metro area so it's possible Kylr formed some sort of fascination with him. I think it was actually in Raymore or possibly it was Belton that Robinson kept storage lockers with victims and evidence of his crimes. Kylr actually reminds me in many ways of what I've read of Robinson and also Bundy. Kind of a combination. Bundy said he could never hurt anyone who he had formed a relationship with, though, and that after twenty minutes or so of conversation with someone he couldn't bring himself to hurt them, which is the opposite of Robinson and apparently Kylr as well. Then again, we don't really know that much about how Kylr operates. There could be other missing girls that he's responsible for. Only he knows at this point. I just think he's too good at making people disappear to have only done this once or twice, but it's possible. I think if he has the misfortune of walking on the arson charges, he will eventually become a true serial killer.

I saw that episode on tv. That kid is so much like Kylr it's frightening. The intense possessiveness and jealousy, signs of reactive attachment disorder, sociopathy, the ability to appear normal or as whatever he wanted people to see him as - it is all so much like what we've read about and seen from Kylr. I have a feeling that if we had a window into the messages Kylr sent girlfriends in the past, or the things he said to them face to face, we'd see things very similar to what the kid that 48 hours episode was saying. Threats, saying he was going to kill himself, intense anger and lashing out...All means of control and major red flags for sociopathy. They need to get some more charges on Kylr...any one of the numerous parole violations he committed the weekend Jessica went missing, kidnapping...If if sticks it needs to be added to his charges. Something, anything to keep him locked away for a long time while law enforcement tries to find Jessica.

Can social media help solve a mystery? Family of missing Jessica Runions hopes so

Family members pack any court hearing in which Yust appears. They form search parties each week. About 35 banded together on a recent day in court, wearing matching shirts with Jessica Runions’ name printed on it. Many arrived 45 minutes early, and when the proceedings began they fell silent, intent on not missing a word spoken.

They have also turned to a tool unavailable to families searching for missing loved ones until recently. Social media have helped the Runions family seek answers by providing a venue to receive tips from a variety of sources and by serving as a forum to solicit volunteers for search parties.
Much more at link: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article116651438.html

Can social media help solve a mystery? Family of missing Jessica Runions hopes so

Much more at link: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article116651438.html

THANK YOU MAX LONDBERG. What a fantastic artlce! I hope he continues to cover this case as much and as often as possible.

Some snippets of interest:

Although Yust was not expected to appear in court for the pretrial conference, which was eventually rescheduled for Dec. 1, his presence was impossible to ignore.

After the brief pretrial conference, the Runions family filed out of the courtroom. In the hallway, they fanned around the prosecutor in Yust’s case, Jill Icenhower.

Also...I really hope KY wasn't the one that gave her that tattoo...

Nah...nevermind (edited tangent thought).

Do we know if the river has been searched downstream (as in, miles)?

Nah...nevermind (edited tangent thought). Do we know if the river has been searched downstream (as in, miles)?
Yes, I think I remember reading that the river had been searched, not just in the immediate land surrounding the area where Jessica's car was found but up and down in various areas. As far as it being miles of area search, I'm not sure. Then again, I'm following a couple cases at the moment so I may be getting details confused :thinking: I'm beginning to think Jessica may be in Edwards, or at least somewhere farther than the general areas that are searched weekly by family and law enforcement. Then again, she may be as close as the field or river area directly adjacent to the pull off on Blue River Road where the car was found. I feel like it's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. If ony there were a sign somewhere, or some little piece of evidence, just one person to come forward and say that they saw that car in the area of such and place early Friday morning or Friday evening. Someone somewhere knows something, but I'm betting they're not the type to rat KY out. So frustrating.

I think he did with Jessica whatever he did with Kara, because he knew it worked.

I think they'll both be found someday. I hope so anyway

Video:
http://www.kmbc.com/article/family-...-the-disappearance-of-jessica-runions/8465363

Family keeping her name and face out there.

and comments https://www.facebook.com/kmbc9/posts/10154628869851221?match=a3lsciB5dXN0

I hope LE is still searching the blue river park area and all that from Belton over to Loch LLoyd - I think they may have some info that lead them to search that golf course. Something GigTu said in another thread rung a bell with me - that perps tend to gravitate sort of N/NE of a crime scene - and in this case that would have him heading back towards home away from where he dumped her to dump the car. I really hope she is found before a lot of snow is on the ground and water freezes.

Video: http://www.kmbc.com/article/family-...-the-disappearance-of-jessica-runions/8465363 Family keeping her name and face out there. and comments https://www.facebook.com/kmbc9/posts/10154628869851221?match=a3lsciB5dXN0 I hope LE is still searching the blue river park area and all that from Belton over to Loch LLoyd - I think they may have some info that lead them to search that golf course. Something GigTu said in another thread rung a bell with me - that perps tend to gravitate sort of N/NE of a crime scene - and in this case that would have him heading back towards home away from where he dumped her to dump the car. I really hope she is found before a lot of snow is on the ground and water freezes.
I was just thinking this as well. It's gotten cold very fast over the past week or so. Usually, it's cold here by at least the start of or middle of October, but it's been in the 70s or 80s up until about a week or so ago with a couple of off days here and there. We kind of skipped autumn this year it seems. We have our first forecast for snow in the metro area tomorrow. At first it was supposed to be several inches, but now most sources are forecasting no more than a dusting to an inch, though some are still saying a lot of snow is possible. Worrisome, nonetheless, as the cold alone may deter people from volunteering on their own time to help search but we are forecast to have a drier and warmer winter than normal here.

I wonder if LE has made any sort of large effort to search areas around Belton near where Kara disappeared from in 2007. I think that several areas on this map of the Belton area need to be searched: https://goo.gl/maps/2cdFa6T2DHU2 Specifically, I think that the bodies of water seen on the map - Cleveland Lake and Loch Noll need to be searched as well as the areas around Crown Park. Springdale Lake in particular and the area surrounding it interests me - there are residential areas at the top and bottom of of the lake but the large span of land in the middle needs to be searched as well. If we follow the theory that Jessica will be found with Kara, we need to start thinking of areas that KY would have taken Kara in 2007 instead of just areas that look like easily accessible places to get to after he left the party on September 8th.

Well that is good IMO. Let's hope some progress can be made in the coming months.

Female body found in wooded area at 119th & Long in Overland Park, KS. Idk how that works with the location of the burning car though. The story just broke so that's the only info I have. I'm holding out hope that it's Jessica & her family & friends can have closure & KY gets what he deserves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Female body found in wooded area at 119th & Long in Overland Park, KS. Idk how that works with the location of the burning car though. The story just broke so that's the only info I have. I'm holding out hope that it's Jessica & her family & friends can have closure & KY gets what he deserves.

According this this article: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article123175059.html

The death is not suspicious and there was also a woman reported missing on Christmas day. I'm afraid it sounds like a recent death and likely not Jessica :(

According this this article: http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article123175059.html

The death is not suspicious and there was also a woman reported missing on Christmas day. I'm afraid it sounds like a recent death and likely not Jessica :(

Yes, I'm seeing that now. Damn. I was really hoping it was her so that her family & friends could finally breathe again. Sorry for the false alarm. Prayers to the individual's family though. [emoji22]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member