MO MO - Jessica Runions, 21, Kansas City, 8 Sept 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes!! I've said that so many times over the past few weeks, that thinking about this & trying to figure it out has given me a headache lol. The awesome timeline that was made has helped though. It's easier to understand things when you can go down the list & see when they happened. How he got to Edwards is still a mystery that's really irking me. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's bothered me too. I also don't understand how he knew the trailer he was found in would be a place he could try to hide out. I thought maybe he could have stolen a car and dumped it somewhere in Edwards, but then how would LE have known that he was down there. Someone close to him has to know something.

Here it is the link to the video of AY providing a brief description of where KY was working at the time - Thread # 1 - Post # 970 - 9/21

AY did mention at the end of this MSM video the kind of work KY was doing however no specifics - http://www.kansascity.com/news/local...101989582.html

No worries I babble all the time ....
Last edited by folieadeuxnola; 09-21-2016 at 03:59 PM. Reason: adding details
I've been trying to piece together some info on where he may possibly work based on this video and some comments under a Facebook news post from a woman who said he worked where she did. After some sleuthing, I could be totally wrong, but it looks like it is possible his grandpa AY meant "bumper stickers." You will have to scroll through the comments a fair ways to see what I'm talking about (she does not name where she works - I had to search for that):

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153834394271190&id=68122026189

If his gpa meant "bumper stickers", then maybe he worked here:
http://www.awardsandtshirts.com/

Some of the designs are very tattoo-like and it has been reported that he was interested in becoming a tattoo artist.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I've been trying to piece together some info on where he may possibly work based on this video and some comments under a Facebook news post from a woman who said he worked where she did. After some sleuthing, I could be totally wrong, but it looks like it is possible his grandpa AY meant "bumper stickers." You will have to scroll through the comments a fair ways to see what I'm talking about (she does not name where she works - I had to search for that):

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153834394271190&id=68122026189

If his gpa meant "bumper stickers", then maybe he worked here:
http://www.awardsandtshirts.com/

Some of the designs are very tattoo-like and it has been reported that he was interested in becoming a tattoo artist.

Actually never mind- I just rewatched the video and the gpa explicitly says bumpers on cars. Apologies. I was getting ahead of myself [emoji16]

That's bothered me too. I also don't understand how he knew the trailer he was found in would be a place he could try to hide out. I thought maybe he could have stolen a car and dumped it somewhere in Edwards, but then how would LE have known that he was down there. Someone close to him has to know something.

Supposedly his mom turned him in. That was the reason behind the "hi mom" comment he made on the news when they were bringing him back to Jackson County.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm confused...been following all along but have questions!!

Where did the idea that he showed up drunk to work and was sent home come from in the first place?

Are we sure that isn't just a rumor?

Didn't he recently apply at a tattoo shop for a job and was turned down? If he had a job, why would he be applying for a job?

Supposedly his mom turned him in. That was the reason behind the "hi mom" comment he made on the news when they were bringing him back to Jackson County. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember seeing something like that in a few FB comments on news articles. Someone also said that allegedly his step-brother turned him in with their mother. I wonder if the step-brother wasn't the one KY called to take him to Edwards...It makes sense. Step-brother takes KY to Edwards then returns home and learns of all the reports of JR reported missing, her car found burned, etc...He gets nervous after having seen KY's scratched and burned face. If the police were to find that he transported KY to Edwards but didn't come forward about it, he could look like an accomplice to a potential murder. Brother talks to mom, mom calls the police...Still just complete speculation on my part, but it seems believable to me.

I remember seeing something like that in a few FB comments on news articles. Someone also said that allegedly his step-brother turned him in with their mother. I wonder if the step-brother wasn't the one KY called to take him to Edwards...It makes sense. Step-brother takes KY to Edwards then returns home and learns of all the reports of JR reported missing, her car found burned, etc...He gets nervous after having seen KY's scratched and burned face. If the police were to find that he transported KY to Edwards but didn't come forward about it, he could look like an accomplice to a potential murder. Brother talks to mom, mom calls the police...Still just complete speculation on my part, but it seems believable to me.

Does KY have more than 1 brother ?

I'm confused...been following all along but have questions!! Where did the idea that he showed up drunk to work and was sent home come from in the first place? Are we sure that isn't just a rumor? Didn't he recently apply at a tattoo shop for a job and was turned down? If he had a job, why would he be applying for a job?
I was trying to figure that out this afternoon too. There is an article somewhere with a video that mentions that KY went with JR to a tattoo shop to apply for a job, but the owner said he did not resonate with KY and that his presence made him uncomfortable so he ultimately decided not to hire him. I'm not sure where the showing up to work drunk part came from, but I'm almost certain I read it in an article at some point. Then again, I've read so many things about this case and there's so many random pieces to put together that I could be totally wrong and it was never reported at all.

I'm not sure...All I've ever seen mentioned is a step-brother.

Ok, somedays you read so much that it becomes twisted as to whom is whom and what is what.

Believe I read up on him in social media ....

The comment that KY was sent home I read on another unsolved website under KK ..go take a read

It was also stated in an MSM article ...

I was trying to figure that out this afternoon too. There is an article somewhere with a video that mentions that KY went with JR to a tattoo shop to apply for a job, but the owner said he did not resonate with KY and that his presence made him uncomfortable so he ultimately decided not to hire him. I'm not sure where the showing up to work drunk part came from, but I'm almost certain I read it in an article at some point. Then again, I've read so many things about this case and there's so many random pieces to put together that I could be totally wrong and it was never reported at all.
I think I read KY has been working for family since his release in February.

Ok, somedays you read so much that it becomes twisted as to whom is whom and what is what. Believe I read up on him in social media .... The comment that KY was sent home I read on another unsolved website under KK ..go take a read It was also stated in an MSM article ...
It does all get very twisted at some points, especially when several articles mention totally different versions of events than the others and then add to that the confusion KY has created and you're totally lost. Thanks for the tips. I'll take a look.

I'm confused...been following all along but have questions!!

Where did the idea that he showed up drunk to work and was sent home come from in the first place?

Are we sure that isn't just a rumor?

Didn't he recently apply at a tattoo shop for a job and was turned down? If he had a job, why would he be applying for a job?
It sounds like, from KY's grandpa (AY) that he was working several odd jobs and apparently (by the comments from people who worked with him) he didn't last long. I believe the most recent tattoo interview/gig would have been an apprenticeship - not necessarily a paid job. It sounds like it was more of his "ideal job" and the other jobs were to put money in his pocket/meet the terms of his parole. It's hard to get a job with a criminal background like his, so my guess is he was taking as many odd jobs as he could get.

I've never personally seen the article where it says anything about him going to work hungover or still drunk. I'd never heard that until I came to this discussion.

http://www.kshb.com/news/local-news/police-looking-for-21-year-old-missing-woman-from-raytown

Ollerich told 41 Action News he and other owners sat down and decided not to hire Yust. The next day, he was arrested in Benton County in connection to burning Runions’ car.

So they decided not to hire him on the 10th. No indication if they saw him or told him. Still think it is odd for this interview to be in msm unless they reached out to the news.

I've never personally seen the article where it says anything about him going to work hungover or still drunk. I'd never heard that until I came to this discussion.

I'm still looking for a MSM reference but we discussed it very early in thread 1. However, also in thread 1 was the story about JR's boyfriend leaving the party early and leaving her with KY. That story later changed to her boyfriend was never at the party. I don't know if we were drawn in by social media comments (rumors) too early or if someone changed their story. :gaah:

Sometimes the MSM articles are not always accurate .... Could be twisted in a social media rumor ya never know.

Hope tomorrow brings more info

I think I have found the original comment about him going into work and being sent home. It came from a woman who claimed to work with him. I know I can't link but anyone who wants to see this comment search for the thread on that red it website titled "Kara Kopetsky case might've just been solved in the most unfortunate way" then look for a reply by joompar that links an image of the comment. I'm still looking to see if this was picked up by media anywhere. I thought I had seen it in an article or a reporter tweet but maybe not. This all unfolded so fast it's possible we jumped on rumor. This woman's name is not coming up in any searches for me as having been interviewed. I really hope police interviewed her and all her coworkers about what they observed in KY's behavior that morning.

As to media coverage of the party, at first there was very little but we got a very detailed interview of KY's actions at the party here: http://www.kmbc.com/article/witness...rent-at-party-where-woman-disappeared/3859725

I'm still looking for a MSM reference but we discussed it very early in thread 1. However, also in thread 1 was the story about JR's boyfriend leaving the party early and leaving her with KY. That story later changed to her boyfriend was never at the party. I don't know if we were drawn in by social media comments (rumors) too early or if someone changed their story. :gaah:

I knew I wasn't crazy and saw the boyfriend was at the party in early media reports. I just found this:

On Thursday, Yust apparently stayed at the party with Runions when her boyfriend left, her family said.

'We just know that they left the party together,' aunt Michele Runions told KSHB.

Yust’s grandfather told the station KSHB he has not seen Yust since Friday morning.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...woman-s-missing-three-days.html#ixzz4Lc4PRXmx

So the info came from her family that her boyfriend was at the party.

I also think that part about KY's grandfather claiming he hadn't seen him since Friday morning was interesting. This means he DID see KY Friday morning. And we later learned Jessica's car was parked in their driveway sometime on Friday.

It sounds like, from KY's grandpa (AY) that he was working several odd jobs and apparently (by the comments from people who worked with him) he didn't last long. I believe the most recent tattoo interview/gig would have been an apprenticeship - not necessarily a paid job. It sounds like it was more of his "ideal job" and the other jobs were to put money in his pocket/meet the terms of his parole. It's hard to get a job with a criminal background like his, so my guess is he was taking as many odd jobs as he could get.

Very true about the difficulty finding a job with is felony convictions. I have a distant cousin, felony conviction for stealing copper....he does excellent construction work, laying tile or hardwood floors, etc., yet even I am hesitant to hire him to work on my home!

KY no way, no way.....I couldn't/wouldn't hire him to mow my lawn, or anything. I'm here too much by myself. Not a risk I want to take. And now, knowing what we do about him.....heck no! I wouldn't want to even talk to him!!!

I have hired people that were homeless to do work for me. I always have them come when my husband is home, and I never tell them his hours or where he works, etc. I never say I'm disabled and don't work. Not against helping those in need, but some people you just get that vibe not to trust!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth